Sunoco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunoco Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.9

Internet Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunoco.

Interview

I am pretty disappointed in the interview process I experienced. I applied in November and heard back from a recruiter a few days later, who asked me to complete a questionnaire. I spent quite a good amount of time completeing the questionnaire and sent it back to the recruiter within a day or two. I NEVER heard from this recruiter again! I followed up with him a few times, and from what I gather there were delays in the hiring process/waiting to hear from Sunocos hiring manager. The last thing he told me is that he no longer has information on the position and encouraged me to apply to other positions on Sunoco's website that fit my skill set. That's what I already did! I am pretty disapppointed because I REALLY wanted to work for this company, and was extremely excited when I heard back from them and asked to move forward in the interview procsss. I find it irresponsible to not notify candidates of the status of the position, and assume there was some turmoil between Sunoco and the recruiting company. Regardless, this should not impact candidates and I do not feel that my ability was assessed.

Shop Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunoco.

Interview

In person interview, this process was not very long. He conducted a one on one interview asking basic behavioral question. I was not prepared for it but the process was simple and easy. This job was for running a local branch.

Interview Questions

• Why Sunoco?
      What is your biggest weakness?
      How important is customer relations?
      Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunoco (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The director was very pleasant and reviewed my experience and skills. We discussed salary range and duties. She will follow up with me next week. She was thorough in her questioning and attitudes and expectations. I would enjoy working for SUNOCO.

Interview Questions

• Inquiring about experience with certain software they will be implementing. We shared similar philosophies.   1 Answer

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunoco (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Their field team made an appointment for Friday at 9 AM. We had discussed my availability and the appointment was predicated on the fact that I had to be in Oak Ridge that afternoon. I then received an email the next afternoon that listed the appointment for 5 PM that Friday. I communicated the problems with the new appointment and the fact that the field team had set the appointment. I was flatly told "take it or leave it, we really don't care about your problems".

Interview Questions

• What time would be best for an interview   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunoco (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

On Campus Interview. They asked the standard tell me about yourself questions, as well as other resume related questions before finishing up with a brief case study/brain teaser. The introduction of the program was a big vague and hard to gauge the actual responsibilities of the position but both interviewers were friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation you encountered while working at X and how you resolved that situation.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunoco (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very difficult as my first interview was scheduled to drive 3 hours away to Syracuse, NY. That am when I arrived at the interview, which was driven in a snow storm, the Interview Mgr I was scheduled to see was on a conference call and I did not get to meet with him until 45 min after my scheduled time. The interview went well, however, I did not hear back until almost a month later which I received an email from HR scheduling a 2nd interview which required me to travel to another state and hotel as they needed to see me first thing in am. The morning of the interview, I arrived in building as scheduled only to have to wait almost an hour to meet with upper level mgr. Finally, when called in for interview, the Manager seemed impressed with my credentials and presentation however seemed confused as to "if" there was going to be a position available. After 2 weeks, HR had called to advised SR VP's decision was to pull the position, however, they were all impressed would like to leave my info in system for future opportunities...

Interview Questions

• What would your former employer say about you?   1 Answer

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunoco in November 2014.

Interview

Took a long time to hear back. They replied me through email that "I'd suggest you be prepared to speak to your experiences, academics, and a possible small case question," which pretty much sums up the first round phone screen. The process would be a lot smoother if there were more information about their program as well as a shorter timeframe for the application process.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunoco (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Began with a phone interview. Moved to a panel interview. in their office Good interview, interviewers were pleasant. Questions were read and recorded off of a packet, so interview at times felt discontinuous.

Interview Questions

• Questions centered around the safety expectations set by the company.   1 Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunoco (Phila, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Extensive panel interview process. Opportunity to meet and interview with various levels within organization. Corprorate HR representative very helpfull and professional. Experienced phone prescreen and three in- person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Detail previous approach and outcome for training intervention.   Answer Question