Sunrise Senior Living Care Giver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrise Senior Living Care Giver Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Crystal Lake, IL).

Interview

Initial group interview followed by a personal interview later was fairly cut and dry. Found out immediately that I was hired however my salary was verbally told to me out in a common area where residents and employees are around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for any salary negotiation. Hours had close to zero flexibility. Salary set by corporate.

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview, got told the same day to come in the next day for a second interview. Got the job and started training.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words?   1 Answer

Care Giver Interview

Interview

I had a very horrible interview experience but I can't even call it that since it ended before it even began. I was told by phone that interviews were conducted once a week in a group. So I arrived at the scheduled day and time for this so-called group interview. When I arrived the front door entrance was jammed. I waited 5 minutes outside for someone to let me in. I had a bad feeling about how the rest of my time there would proceed, rightfully so. When I checked in with front reception, I sat down and waited patiently for 35 minutes passed by scheduled interview time. After waiting patiently for 35 minutes in the lobby, the director came and told me that the person supposed to interview me was not here and that she didn't know she was interviewing someone. She then proceeded and wanted to interview me in the lobby. In my head I'm like, really lady??? Is this professional??? So I politely asked her if their is an office we can go to and discuss the position in private. We then proceeded to an office. First thing she asked me is what hours I'm looking for. I said weekdays as I work on the weekend. She then says we don't have anything available on the weekdays and she can't help me out. I'm like the job ad didn't mention anything about what hours you were looking for, all it said was for a part-time position. Why don't they tell you this before so you don't waste your time and gas going there??? At that point I honestly didn't even want the job. I got a bad impression of how they treat their employees. Most likely they treat them like dirt. Overall I spent an hour traveling and my time wasted in preparing and waiting in the lobby for nothing. They have a horrible organization. I personally would not recommend any of my friends to work there. They probably pay like crap as well. Corporate will sure be hearing from me. I want my gas money!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

They do a group interview first, which is nice because it's not so scary. If they like you they call you back. For the call back it was me and two other people asking me questions. Questions where about me and the job and how well could I do at the job. Stuff like that. Then they offered me to shadow to make sure that this was what I wanted, which was nice. I went back to shadow, but I didn't care for the job.

Interview Questions

• What where some of your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Care Giver Interview

Interview

I first applied online with a Cover Letter and Resume. I have absolutely no experience in Care-giving or work experience, and although I was very eager to learn, I was still very surprised when I got the e-mail telling me a was selected to go to an interview.

The e-mail didn't say it was a group interview, but there was about 15 - 20 people. Most were looking for Caregiver position, and I believe about 2 people were there for the Team Leader Position. They have a very beautiful facility and we were interviewed in some type of lounge/living room with tables and couches. The interview was very informal. The only question asked: "Please tell us about yourself & why do you want to work at Sunrise?" I don't remember who exactly interviewed us, but there one of our interviewed informed us that the interview process is a long one. We were free to ask our interviewers any questions we had about the job.

This was my very first job interview ever! I had a nice experience, although I was very confused as to why they would send me in for an interview when they had people who were much more qualified than I was. I was very nervous and a bit intimidated when I got to know a little bit about the other prospectives before the actual "interview". I realized that I was in way over my head so I guess it kind of helped my nerves a bit, because I kind of figured that I would not be hired, so I had nothing to lose LOL.

Interview Questions

• Only one question: Tell us about yourself & why you want to work for Sunrise. We went around the room and introduced ourselves. It was pretty informal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Resume submitted. Received call. Met in a group interview session. Questions asked were of a general variety. The company is looking for out-going, people-friendly employees with a penchant for wanting to help other human beings. Good to be somewhat assertive and able to give real-life examples of how you may have helped others in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Huntington Beach, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was emailed to come in for a group interview. I called to confirm that I would be there. I was in a group of people. There was no individual interview. In the group was a nurse with experience in the field. I am sure she got the job. I feel the interview wasn't fair, as each person wasn't given the opportunity to personally interact with the staff. There was an observer taking notes the whole time. No one there for the interview asked questions.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Addison, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied at the nursing home, a few days later I received a call scheduling an interview. The interview was with a large group about 10-15 people. There were two managers there that asked the group the basic questions such as: why health care, why sunrise, etc. If you are up beat, motivated and energetic they will call you about 3-4 days after that group interview you offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult individuals   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiate for entry level job.