Sunrise Senior Living Care Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.1

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Gabriel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (San Gabriel, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied as a care manager and got called the next day to go in for a group interview. When I went in for the group interview it was only one other girl and myself. The supervisor asked us about our experience in our old job and she had us fill out a sheet of paper that asked questions about us and what schedule we wanted. An hour after the interview I got a call back to go in for a job preview. I'm still waiting to get a second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was a group interview with other people applying for a variety of positions. You just sit in the main lobby area & everybody talks about their past experience. You kind of have to shove yourself into the conversation to make yourself memorable. If they like you, in 3-4 days someone will call you for another interview. Always get there early because there is NO parking ever available on-site, so you have to park across the street at a gas station & walk really far to the building. Second interview was one on one with a manager. It was relaxed enough & fairly informal. A week later, I called to follow up, as the manager told me she'd contact me in 1-2 days, but never did. It took some effort to get in touch with her. I then had to shadow a current employee for 2 hours to make sure I was truly interested in the position. A couple days later, I was asked to come in to fill out paperwork then go take a drug and TB test. Then a background check a few days later. Overall it was a lengthy process but not a negative experience. They only have 1 person who does all the hiring paperwork & she's rarely there. It appears that's the bottleneck with the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Seal Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online then I got an email for an interview. The interview was a group interview. Each person was asked them same questions that the interviewer asked. It took about 40 minutes. Then the department manager talked to me and invited me for a job preview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of a difficult day at your job and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was suppose to be a group interview but unfortunately I was late because I was nervous and overestimated how much time I had I showed up 30 mins late and I was luckily still given an interview one on one the manager did mention it was a pet peeve of theirs to not be on time so I had a rough start. Anyhow right off the bat I was told how much I'd be making, was told the responsibilities of the job, and how long the university training would take for the job itself which was said to be 2-3 weeks plus an hour preview to be able to watch the floor I was offered to work on and also given the opportunity to talk to the employees who already worked there. Luckily I took the initiative to come in 2 days later to talk to the actual hiring manager (I waited 30 minutes because the front desk lady went on break and forgot to tell the manager I was waiting for them) and we had a chat they asked me some questions and I guess they liked me because I got to do the preview. After that I came in twice to fill in paper work(I Suggest coming in with your updated resumes and references and past residences) , I had to get 2 tb tests done which took 2 weeks , I am currently waiting approval from another state that had a strict background checks -this is going on week 3 .[ I highly suggest sending thank-you notes to your interviewers as well as bringing in an updated resume with 5 references you will need them later so make copies. Also follow up if you really want the job ask if their is anything you can do on your part show them you want the job. Be sure to tell them how you found out about the job and tell them why your a good fit.] As for being in-between jobs if you don't have a job just be warned it can be a lengthy process because they are looking for qualified and quality employees I'm guessing that's why the process is so lengthy. In addition to this they make your references do a quick survey online or if they prefer not to do it they will call them.

Interview Questions

• How do you redirect a sun downing patient?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Must come in on Thursdays only.Group interview with me and one other person. Interviewed with supervisor and a caregiver that already working there. Waiting long in lobby then we go up to an open area and they ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to come in when ever we need you and always be available?   1 Answer

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Had a group interview then got called back a week later to do a job shadow. After that I had a phone interview about 3 days later and then I had ANOTHER interview a week later with the ED. The hiring process took forever for a job. It took me a little over a month to acutally start working there which was kind of annoying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Asked questions about previous job and why did I choose to apply for the position I applied for at sunrise. Also asked a few questions about work environment Behavior and how do I feel about caring for elderly or elderly people with early Alzheimer's or dementia. Working together and following all the rules as what they really like to hear. Keeping a smile on your face and staying engaged when they as you to do a hands off interview were you followed another care manager around and see the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job and why did you leave it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to work here at Sunrise as a care manager?   Answer Question
    • What is workplace behavior and how should you react to someone who's either not doing their job right or need assistance?   Answer Question
    • Trust is a really big thing and they have no tolerance for gossip!   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online and got a call to come in for an interview after 3 weeks. Left a voicemail to the interviewer and returned my call after a week to schedule the interview.

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in July 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, straight to the point. The person who interviewed me was calm, sweet and you could tell they enjoyed what they did. Loving personality. I shadowed the same day since I was already there, no need to come back and do it. The atmosphere was wonderful.

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Simi Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied online and it took awhile but they finally called me in for a group interview. There were 3 of us who came in. They asked us a couple questions. We went around the room and answered. Very laid back and the interviewers were very nice. At the end they asked us what times would we be available to work then asked us if we had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult moment that happened in your life and how you dealt with it   Answer Question