Sunrise Senior Living Care Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrise Senior Living Care Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.1

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Had a group interview then got called back a week later to do a job shadow. After that I had a phone interview about 3 days later and then I had ANOTHER interview a week later with the ED. The hiring process took forever for a job. It took me a little over a month to acutally start working there which was kind of annoying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Asked questions about previous job and why did I choose to apply for the position I applied for at sunrise. Also asked a few questions about work environment Behavior and how do I feel about caring for elderly or elderly people with early Alzheimer's or dementia. Working together and following all the rules as what they really like to hear. Keeping a smile on your face and staying engaged when they as you to do a hands off interview were you followed another care manager around and see the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job and why did you leave it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to work here at Sunrise as a care manager?   Answer Question
    • What is workplace behavior and how should you react to someone who's either not doing their job right or need assistance?   Answer Question
    • Trust is a really big thing and they have no tolerance for gossip!   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online and got a call to come in for an interview after 3 weeks. Left a voicemail to the interviewer and returned my call after a week to schedule the interview.

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in July 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, straight to the point. The person who interviewed me was calm, sweet and you could tell they enjoyed what they did. Loving personality. I shadowed the same day since I was already there, no need to come back and do it. The atmosphere was wonderful.

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Simi Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied online and it took awhile but they finally called me in for a group interview. There were 3 of us who came in. They asked us a couple questions. We went around the room and answered. Very laid back and the interviewers were very nice. At the end they asked us what times would we be available to work then asked us if we had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult moment that happened in your life and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Wilmette, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Called me in for interview I used to work at other Sunrise location. Did all my paperwork. Passed my physical, tb tests,drug tests. Kept telling me we didn't put you in the system yet. Gave me name tag. Kept saying they would call me. Never did. My supervisor at other Sunrise gave me great reference. So what's the problem? Waited over a month to finish this hiring process . When I asked about the schedule and hours I would work I got a nasty attitude from the executive director. How unprofessional and sleezy! Take your job and shove it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went in for a group interview but I was the only person to show up therefore, I had a one on one. Everything went well and the interviewer wanted me to come back the next day for a one on one interview with the director of the center. I was told that i would be called with a time for the next day interview which never happened. I called several times and was finally told to come in on another day at my leisure which really did not impress me at all. Seems very unprofessional to me to tell someone that you are going to make it a point to call them back that day and never do so. In a care giving job, there must be a trust established that one will do what they said they would do and when management fails right off the bat in this, it brings discouragement.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had a difficult client/patient. How did you handle the situation? Explain a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmichael, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Carmichael, CA).

Interview

Basically, they do group interviews. Two interviewers ask questions specific to your experience in front of everyone and you answer. If they like you, they call you back to a second interview and job shadowing. My interview wasn't much an interview though. They only asked me 3 questions and the rest of the time, the hiring lady talked quite a bit about herself and about the job and unfortunately, about her past employees too. She complained about them and told the interviewees that they were lazy and demanding. I thought it was very unprofessional of her to speak bad about others. That is a red flag right there. A manager talking bad about employees and gossiping in front of potential new hires! That's how you know they're going to talk about you too behind your back. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Do you have experience? What would you do in this situation (eg. Poop all over walls)? What did you learn from your past experiences.   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Went in for a group interview. As soon as you walk in the door they are watching you. They will ask any residents and the front desk staff what they thought of you. The group interview was easy. Ask us to each tell about ourselves. Then had us write a letter to a residents family member. Telling that family member about their dat.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None started at 10.50

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Edina, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Group interview , you tell your experiences , you draw a picture of what you would need to work for sunrise, write a letter as if your were the resident and send it home to there family

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a bad day at work and how you turned it around ?   1 Answer