Sunrise Senior Living Care Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.1

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Seal Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online then I got an email for an interview. The interview was a group interview. Each person was asked them same questions that the interviewer asked. It took about 40 minutes. Then the department manager talked to me and invited me for a job preview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of a difficult day at your job and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was suppose to be a group interview but unfortunately I was late because I was nervous and overestimated how much time I had I showed up 30 mins late and I was luckily still given an interview one on one the manager did mention it was a pet peeve of theirs to not be on time so I had a rough start. Anyhow right off the bat I was told how much I'd be making, was told the responsibilities of the job, and how long the university training would take for the job itself which was said to be 2-3 weeks plus an hour preview to be able to watch the floor I was offered to work on and also given the opportunity to talk to the employees who already worked there. Luckily I took the initiative to come in 2 days later to talk to the actual hiring manager (I waited 30 minutes because the front desk lady went on break and forgot to tell the manager I was waiting for them) and we had a chat they asked me some questions and I guess they liked me because I got to do the preview. After that I came in twice to fill in paper work(I Suggest coming in with your updated resumes and references and past residences) , I had to get 2 tb tests done which took 2 weeks , I am currently waiting approval from another state that had a strict background checks -this is going on week 3 .[ I highly suggest sending thank-you notes to your interviewers as well as bringing in an updated resume with 5 references you will need them later so make copies. Also follow up if you really want the job ask if their is anything you can do on your part show them you want the job. Be sure to tell them how you found out about the job and tell them why your a good fit.] As for being in-between jobs if you don't have a job just be warned it can be a lengthy process because they are looking for qualified and quality employees I'm guessing that's why the process is so lengthy. In addition to this they make your references do a quick survey online or if they prefer not to do it they will call them.

Interview Questions

• How do you redirect a sun downing patient?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Must come in on Thursdays only.Group interview with me and one other person. Interviewed with supervisor and a caregiver that already working there. Waiting long in lobby then we go up to an open area and they ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to come in when ever we need you and always be available?   1 Answer

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Had a group interview then got called back a week later to do a job shadow. After that I had a phone interview about 3 days later and then I had ANOTHER interview a week later with the ED. The hiring process took forever for a job. It took me a little over a month to acutally start working there which was kind of annoying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Asked questions about previous job and why did I choose to apply for the position I applied for at sunrise. Also asked a few questions about work environment Behavior and how do I feel about caring for elderly or elderly people with early Alzheimer's or dementia. Working together and following all the rules as what they really like to hear. Keeping a smile on your face and staying engaged when they as you to do a hands off interview were you followed another care manager around and see the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job and why did you leave it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to work here at Sunrise as a care manager?   Answer Question
    • What is workplace behavior and how should you react to someone who's either not doing their job right or need assistance?   Answer Question
    • Trust is a really big thing and they have no tolerance for gossip!   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online and got a call to come in for an interview after 3 weeks. Left a voicemail to the interviewer and returned my call after a week to schedule the interview.

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in July 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, straight to the point. The person who interviewed me was calm, sweet and you could tell they enjoyed what they did. Loving personality. I shadowed the same day since I was already there, no need to come back and do it. The atmosphere was wonderful.

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Simi Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied online and it took awhile but they finally called me in for a group interview. There were 3 of us who came in. They asked us a couple questions. We went around the room and answered. Very laid back and the interviewers were very nice. At the end they asked us what times would we be available to work then asked us if we had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult moment that happened in your life and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Wilmette, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Called me in for interview I used to work at other Sunrise location. Did all my paperwork. Passed my physical, tb tests,drug tests. Kept telling me we didn't put you in the system yet. Gave me name tag. Kept saying they would call me. Never did. My supervisor at other Sunrise gave me great reference. So what's the problem? Waited over a month to finish this hiring process . When I asked about the schedule and hours I would work I got a nasty attitude from the executive director. How unprofessional and sleezy! Take your job and shove it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went in for a group interview but I was the only person to show up therefore, I had a one on one. Everything went well and the interviewer wanted me to come back the next day for a one on one interview with the director of the center. I was told that i would be called with a time for the next day interview which never happened. I called several times and was finally told to come in on another day at my leisure which really did not impress me at all. Seems very unprofessional to me to tell someone that you are going to make it a point to call them back that day and never do so. In a care giving job, there must be a trust established that one will do what they said they would do and when management fails right off the bat in this, it brings discouragement.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had a difficult client/patient. How did you handle the situation? Explain a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question