Sunrise Senior Living Executive Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrise Senior Living Executive Director Interview Questions

3.2

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in July 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based interviewing. There are several rounds to their interview process. This was explained to me as they want to make sure it's a good fit for the company. Time between interviews was quick because they wanted to get the position filled quickly. Most of the interviews were phone-based interviews and there was a visit to a community to get to talk to another Executive Director and "job shadow". As others have mentioned there was also a personality-based online test that you had to take before the interview process could start. After the fifth round of interviews I decided that the position was not a good fit for me personally and I dropped out of the process. Thus no offer was made, but throughout the process every indication pointed to being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Lot of "Give me an example of a time when you..." questions. They want to hear real-life examples of how you have managed staff, dealt with conflict, and handled budgets.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Plymouth, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone "pre-interview" then an on-line personality test.

I hate it when companies do not get back to you to let you know either way. I understand that decisions take time, but at least do the courtesy of an occasional email update during the process, or advise if the candidate is out of the running... Or at least respond to follow up emails. I understand that saying "you didn't get the job" is an uncomfortable conversation, but leaving someone hanging is just rude.

Not sure I would want to work for a company that is that discourteous to potential employees.

Interview Questions

• asked all of the "basic/canned" interview questions... why are you looking for a job, what do you look for in an employer, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Sterling, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very detailed. I had an extensive interview process. It took over 1 month to get an offer. The team was very friendly and personable. I enjoyed the process and had fun. I was reimbursed for my travel and offered a relocation bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you felt you had to change your management style and what did you do?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in October 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. I submitted my application. I was contacted by the recruiting within 7 days and had an initial phone interview of about 30 minutes. Within 2 days, the second phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. About a week later, I had a in person interview with the hiring manager, then a series of interviews with the leadership team and a final interview with a VP Panel. The process was very long but the people were really amazing. They were professional and made me feel comfortable and welcome. I was impressed at the level of experience in the company and the commitment to try and find the right fit for the company. At the particular community I interviewed for they had staff (managers) who had been there for over 20 years. This was very impressive. I met individuals who started as caregivers and were now in top leadership positions due to education and promotion.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very specific. You had to give examples of specific incidents and the issue, action and resolution you took.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation which was expected. The communities have a certain budget for the position and could not exceed it

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Behavioral based interviewing. They will ask specific questions related to past experiences, which will predict future behavior. Be prepared with examples of dealing with difficult customers, examples of team work, etc.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions relating to financial performance and knowledge of profit and loss statements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depends on experience, but they will negotiate.

Executive Director Interview

Interview

I've had a phone interview on two separate occasions for the position of executive director with Sunrise Senior Living. I was contacted on both occasions by the recruiter for the company though my linkedin profile.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview process was underwhelming. No hard questions to answer. More focused on summarizing your resume.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on line in response to a web posting. I received an e-mail within a few days asking to set up an interview time. The e-mail allowed me to choose a slot for the phone interview. I received a confirmation for the phone interview time. Interviewee was located in another state and was employed by the company. The interviewer had previously worked for the company in another position for more than 5 years. The interview was approx. 45 minutes in length and included several open ended questions regarding how I had dealt with certain challenges and problems in the past. The interviewer was very open about the process . Following the interview I was sent a Pi questionnaire to complete on line. The next day I received an opportunity to meet with a Regional Director for the facility with the job opening. The interview was held at another facility and I met with the Regional Director for approximately 45 minutes. The regional director was friendly but did not seem really interested in discussion of how I might utilize my experience in the Sunrise setting.

Interview Questions

• What have I done in my experience with regard to development of financial planning within the facility context.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

Informal - behavioral based questions. Easy interview process and interviewers are more worried about who you are rather than what you've done. Don't be intimidated. Easy interview, nice people. I was surprised at how informal it was for the position. I thought it would be intensive, scary, etc..

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

I was promoted from within. I called my current supervisor and told her I was interested in the job. I sent my resume to the person in charge of hiring and took the PI test. I was then intereviewed over the phone the following day. After that, the VP of Operations and the Regional Director of Operations sat down with me face to face and interviewed me. I was given an offer the next day and two weeks later moved into my current position.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any question being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the offer I expected and in addition was offered a sign on bonus. There was little negotiation because I knew going in what to expect.

Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Northville, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

My interview experience was the longest but most thorough process I have ever been through. The process started with an online resume submission, followed by a phone interview. The next steps were a series of 5 face to face interviews with the Regional Director, VP of Operations, Senior Vice President, Regional HR Director, and Regional Director again. I had two additional phone interviews with the Regional Sales Director and Regional Nursing Director. Finally I had two panel interivews: one with the Coordinator Team and one with the front line team members. There is a reason that Sunrise has long tenured team members. They are thorough.

Interview Questions

• I really did not face an unexpected question. The most difficult question is always when they ask me to describe one weakness. I am always honest and tell them that an opportunity area for me is to always work to be more organized. I expand on that to help them understand that I am organized by nature but work very hard to be more efficient and effective at what I do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation. They gave me one offer, I counter offered and they accepted.