Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewa Beach, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Ewa Beach, HI) in August 2017.

Interview

Good it was nervous and difficult to but i did it with the help of glassdoor interview questions and answers for the interview, it was helpful and i want to review again here

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview. To begin with, the group interviews are for all different positions, so the interview seemed impersonal. We were about 5 minutes in when we were told the activities assistant position was filled. Me and the other applicant received no phone call or notice. It was very unprofessional and rude to waste someone's time like that. She then offered to scrape up some dining room serving hours for us if we wanted. We both left.

Interview Questions

• If full time isn't available, can you settle for weekend hours here and there?   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Administrator called to schedule the interview. He left a voicemail as I missed his call. I returned his call within 30 minutes. He called back 2 days later. He needed me to "come in tomorrow. I'm trying to squeeze everyone in tomorrow. I need this done before Monday." Ummm, okay. When I arrived to the interview, I was shocked to see the Administrator in jeans and a baggy t-shirt. I arrived about 20 mins early. The DON was supposed to be a part of the interview but she never made it. The Administrator actually had my resume mixed up with another candidate. He was asking me questions about a background that did not belong to me in the least bit. Needless to say, I guess he had already found the right candidate before I got there. What a waste of gas. Of course I didn't hear back from him. Nice guy though. Not as professional as I personally like.

Interview Questions

• None. Told me about his background. Started as a CNA. Went to nursing school. Been Administrator maybe 4 years. Cool story bro.   1 Answer

Resident Care Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was rushed. I was a previous employee that worked over nine years with the company and never received recognition or promotion for implementing changes with the company. Never received a follow up call after interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• How old am I? and would I be able to handle conflict?   1 Answer

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Must come in on Thursdays only.Group interview with me and one other person. Interviewed with supervisor and a caregiver that already working there. Waiting long in lobby then we go up to an open area and they ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to come in when ever we need you and always be available?   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I found the Director of Sales position posted on LinkedIn and applied on the company website. Shortly thereafter I received an email from a recruiter in the home office asking to schedule a telephone interview. I was given a link to accept an interview time which was confirmed electronically. The initial interview lasted about 30-minutes and was basically designed to review my experience, knowledge of the company and interest in the position. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the recruiter.

Following the interview, I was emailed hyperlinks to take two online exams; a) a Predictive Index (personality) test and, b) a software/technology proficiency test. In total, they took about 30 minutes to complete. I then received an invitation for a second phone interview with a more senior recruiter in the Western region. The second interview lasted about 40-minutes and focused again on my experience and motivations. There was also an exchange about the position and company in greater detail. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the second recruiter.

During the same call I was asked to attend a third phone interview with the Regional Director of Sales for later in the week. The Regional was a few minutes late because she had been on another call and this third interview lasted about 35-minutes. The context was to once again review my history and background and exchange information about the position and the company, also in greater specificity than the previous interview. I was informed that this was the "third stop on the gravy train" and that I would be contacted by the General Manager if I was selected to move forward in the hiring process. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the Regional.

A couple of days later I received both a phone call and email from the GM asking my availability for an in-person interview that week. We settled on Saturday morning since this position was for a Tuesday through Saturday assignment. I arrived about 10-minutes early and checked-in with the Concierge. She informed me there was a staff meeting underway and I should wait in the lobby.

Although I was kept waiting for 40-minutes past my interview time, it gave me a chance to meet some of the staff and residents and to gain some insight into the inner workings of the community. I found it to be warm, compassionate and welcoming although there was a little bit of unrest among some of the more active residents since the activities coordinator seemed to be off and they were bored and looking for social/mental/physical stimulation.

They brought in some of the care staff and gathered a group inside the bistro to try to figure something out.

The General Manager came out of his office and invited me in to meet with him and the Reminiscence Care Manager. Both had a scripted set of behavioral questions for me and we proceeded through the deck one by one. There were approximately 10 "what would you," "how have you" and "if this, then..." kinds of questions followed by less formal conversation. The fourth interview lasted about 35-minutes and overall I felt great about the exchange and experience. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the GM and care manager.

I was surprised that first thing Monday morning I received a stock "we regret to inform you..." letter via email informing me they had selected another candidate. Although disappointed, I would say the entire experience was mostly positive. Having visited the community, I believe it to be a clean, safe, compassionate and nurturing environment for both staff and residents. I would encourage anyone interested in this company to pursue the journey.

Interview Questions

• 80% of all interviews will focus on behavioral attributes. 20% of the time will be spent reviewing your background and experience. Be prepared for two short exams, one behavioral and one technical. Their biggest thing is wanting to get to know what makes you tick so they can make sure you will succeed within the company and the community culture.   Answer Question

Assisted Living Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Applied on saturday ,reaceived an email on tuesday to attend an interview on Thursday. The concierge was grumpy no smile and poor customer service. Then was received by the coordinator very pleasant and polite ,had no interview since i realized they have cats in the facility and i unfortunately have a phobia for cats had to decline and more over realized an assisted living care MANAGER Job was to do all the ADLS for the residents including laundry , that supprrised me that it was a Managers position.

Activity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Short I was referred by an employee. Very Short I was referred by an employee but i eas interviewed by all several upper management and everyone as pleasant and proffessional at the time.

Associate Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted be recruiter. Interviewed very thoroughly. Was not considered for that community but was passed onto another recruiter and given another opportunity. Took a test. Finally met with ED at community and interviewed. Now interviewing with Regional Director of Operations over the phone. Still in process. Started in December of 2016....

Reminiscence Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Belmont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A new Executive Director interviewed me. She asked me how long I've worked for the company, She asked me to two examples of how I would handle confused residence, a unhappy employee. She also asked me to write out daily activities schedule. I was asked to interview with a coordinator from another community. They both said I was qualified. Didn't hear another word