Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.5

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Friday and I was called on Monday. The interview process did not take long at all. I had an interview on Wednesday and the hiring manager was very pleasant. I was offered a position a week later with the passing of a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a patient or family member who is upset?   Answer Question

Community Living Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Invited to local Sunrise Senior Living after applying online for position.
    Interviewed by very friendly lady and shown around the home...which I would liken to a hotel...and met other members of staff for a chat. Very informal and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you had to change priorities suddenly.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if there were certain problems in the home.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to change the way you worked   Answer Question

Senior Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied for the position via their website, and their Corporate Recruiter contacted me the next week to set up a phone interview. It was quick, easy and straight-forward. I then was scheduled for another phone interview with the person who would be my direct boss. That one also went well and I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the headquarters. The process, from the application date until the in-person interview, took a little over 2 weeks. I met with the team, went over my background/qualifications, asked/answered questions, received a tour of the office, and thought everything went well. I was told I would be contacted regarding their decision within the next two weeks, and I never heard anything back. After all the time I took to interview with their company, it seems it would be common courtesy to just reach out and say that they had chosen another candidate, even a generic rejection email at the least. This experience has definitely negatively impacted my view of the company. My advice would be that if you are going through the interview process with them, do not halt your job search, even if it seems promising.

Interview Questions

• What type of managing style do you prefer?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Seven interviews over four months. First was called in for a group interview directly followed by an interview with a care coordinator. Then was called back two times for 2 separate job previews. Was called back again to meet with the executive director. Then over the next two weeks met with 2 regional directors separately.

Process was way too long and I do not recommend if you are currently unemployed.

Interview Questions

• All open ended questions. Make sure to stand out with a firm handshake and eye contact.
       "Tell me about a time when you were dealing with a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

In-person interview; quick process, few questions regarding handling situations in a dining room and working with others, lots of paperwork. Group setting interview. Unprepared HR person conducting interview, seemed frazzled and not organized. Not very helpful front desk staff, either

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Paramus, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was super quick lasted about 15 minuets . I interviewed with the director of of nursing and then I was interviewed by the executive director of the company.

Interview Questions

• -Are you comfortable passing meds to large groups of people?
      -What experience do you have working with the geriatric population?
      -How comfortable are you with dealing with emergency situations?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Rockville, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Took a couple of days but once I came in person they asked me a few questions and they started the hiring process right away. They I had to attend Sunrise university which took a while

Interview Questions

• If I had food service experience?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

The process was long but rewarding. I went to a group interview first, however I did not get a call back so I decided to go to another group interview. I also sent a thank you letter for the interview. I was very persistent. Finally I got a call back! So always be persistent, never giver up and remember, no news is good news!

Reminiscence Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews (Phone interview, individual interview, tour the community, meet residents, interview with other department heads). Very long prehire process. expect at least 2 weeks. Relatively simple if you have experience and prepare yourself for what might be asked of you.

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

did an app online and got called in for a group interview,the facility is very nice and the lady that did the interview was very nice and she mostly just told us about the company and asked what shift were we look for and what hours..she said that she was going to give all of us a call to do a job shadow...the hiring process is way too long especially if you are looking for something right away