Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Interview

Interviewed the ED and the management team. After that I interviewed with the regional nurse and regional operations manager via phone. They all asked questions about why I feel I am best fit for the job. Everyone was very nice and professional

Resident Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very thorough. It began with meeting the ED, then speaking to a Regional Rep. Additionally speaking to other Regional Reps. and having chance to ask many questions. Very well done and respectful.

Designated Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Talked on phone one time; interviewed face to face one time. They did a drug test and background check. They both came back good. I was offered job. I was constantly told that if I stayed out or came in late I would be fired.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Kenilworth, NJ).

Interview

A gentleman named John bacon was a general manager at a hotel at work with he want to go to Pennsylvania to open up his own catering you looked at me we had a talk I was his chef

Interview Questions

• Ask me to prepare dinner he asked me to do it by the recipe I done it   1 Answer

Reminiscence Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croft, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Croft, North West England, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick simple friendly, simple questions, specified that I was looking to work in rem and they made the shift pattern clear in the interview Quick simple friendly, simple questions, specified that I was looking to work in rem and they made the shift pattern clear in the interview

Interview Questions

• how do you cope under stress   1 Answer

Resident Care Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Interview was rushed. I was a previous employee that worked over nine years with the company and never received recognition or promotion for implementing changes with the company. Never received a follow up call after interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• How old am I? and would I be able to handle conflict?   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I found the Director of Sales position posted on LinkedIn and applied on the company website. Shortly thereafter I received an email from a recruiter in the home office asking to schedule a telephone interview. I was given a link to accept an interview time which was confirmed electronically. The initial interview lasted about 30-minutes and was basically designed to review my experience, knowledge of the company and interest in the position. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the recruiter.

Following the interview, I was emailed hyperlinks to take two online exams; a) a Predictive Index (personality) test and, b) a software/technology proficiency test. In total, they took about 30 minutes to complete. I then received an invitation for a second phone interview with a more senior recruiter in the Western region. The second interview lasted about 40-minutes and focused again on my experience and motivations. There was also an exchange about the position and company in greater detail. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the second recruiter.

During the same call I was asked to attend a third phone interview with the Regional Director of Sales for later in the week. The Regional was a few minutes late because she had been on another call and this third interview lasted about 35-minutes. The context was to once again review my history and background and exchange information about the position and the company, also in greater specificity than the previous interview. I was informed that this was the "third stop on the gravy train" and that I would be contacted by the General Manager if I was selected to move forward in the hiring process. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the Regional.

A couple of days later I received both a phone call and email from the GM asking my availability for an in-person interview that week. We settled on Saturday morning since this position was for a Tuesday through Saturday assignment. I arrived about 10-minutes early and checked-in with the Concierge. She informed me there was a staff meeting underway and I should wait in the lobby.

Although I was kept waiting for 40-minutes past my interview time, it gave me a chance to meet some of the staff and residents and to gain some insight into the inner workings of the community. I found it to be warm, compassionate and welcoming although there was a little bit of unrest among some of the more active residents since the activities coordinator seemed to be off and they were bored and looking for social/mental/physical stimulation.

They brought in some of the care staff and gathered a group inside the bistro to try to figure something out.

The General Manager came out of his office and invited me in to meet with him and the Reminiscence Care Manager. Both had a scripted set of behavioral questions for me and we proceeded through the deck one by one. There were approximately 10 "what would you," "how have you" and "if this, then..." kinds of questions followed by less formal conversation. The fourth interview lasted about 35-minutes and overall I felt great about the exchange and experience. I sent a personalized thank you letter to the GM and care manager.

I was surprised that first thing Monday morning I received a stock "we regret to inform you..." letter via email informing me they had selected another candidate. Although disappointed, I would say the entire experience was mostly positive. Having visited the community, I believe it to be a clean, safe, compassionate and nurturing environment for both staff and residents. I would encourage anyone interested in this company to pursue the journey.

Interview Questions

• 80% of all interviews will focus on behavioral attributes. 20% of the time will be spent reviewing your background and experience. Be prepared for two short exams, one behavioral and one technical. Their biggest thing is wanting to get to know what makes you tick so they can make sure you will succeed within the company and the community culture.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in February 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview. I felt comfortable right away and not nervous. The lady who interviewed me was extremely nice and had a calming presence. She mostly just talked about Sunrise, told me about the job, and asked me a few questions, and then asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of the CNAs ignored an order you gave them?   Answer Question

Reminiscence Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Belmont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A new Executive Director interviewed me. She asked me how long I've worked for the company, She asked me to two examples of how I would handle confused residence, a unhappy employee. She also asked me to write out daily activities schedule. I was asked to interview with a coordinator from another community. They both said I was qualified. Didn't hear another word

Assisted Living Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Applied on saturday ,reaceived an email on tuesday to attend an interview on Thursday. The concierge was grumpy no smile and poor customer service. Then was received by the coordinator very pleasant and polite ,had no interview since i realized they have cats in the facility and i unfortunately have a phobia for cats had to decline and more over realized an assisted living care MANAGER Job was to do all the ADLS for the residents including laundry , that supprrised me that it was a Managers position.