Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrise Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Associate Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted be recruiter. Interviewed very thoroughly. Was not considered for that community but was passed onto another recruiter and given another opportunity. Took a test. Finally met with ED at community and interviewed. Now interviewing with Regional Director of Operations over the phone. Still in process. Started in December of 2016....

Memory Care Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews with corporate, very friendly employees, took a tour of the facility and others, completed background check and drug test and physical exam prior to being brought onboard. Great process overall although lengthy.

Reminiscence Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Belmont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A new Executive Director interviewed me. She asked me how long I've worked for the company, She asked me to two examples of how I would handle confused residence, a unhappy employee. She also asked me to write out daily activities schedule. I was asked to interview with a coordinator from another community. They both said I was qualified. Didn't hear another word

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living.

Interview

Had a group interview then got called back a week later to do a job shadow. After that I had a phone interview about 3 days later and then I had ANOTHER interview a week later with the ED. The hiring process took forever for a job. It took me a little over a month to acutally start working there which was kind of annoying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied for a position from an in-person with an Executive Director at the Sunrise Senior Home in Culver City. The interview was informal. I was asked two questions and then asked a few questions. The interview was about 15 minutes. I was then set up with a phone interview "sometime" the following day, which I wish was a little more organized and schedule. The first interview seemed like the ED was very disorganized. The phone interview with another Sunrise personnel was much more organized and formal lasting about an hour. I then was called by the ED and was told that they went with someone else but wanted to give me another position. It sounded promising. Then, I didn't hear much for about 2 weeks. I tried calling many times and left a message with no response. I finally got a hold of the ED and was told to come in. Previously, I had told the ED my salary requirements and went into the office for a 3rd interview where I was offered a much lower salary. The 3rd interview was 10 minutes and a waste of time that could have been done over the phone. He told me to think about it and he would give me a call by the end of the week. I never heard from him again. The ED at this location was extremely disorganized, wasted my time, and dragged on a ridiculous process for way too long. I wouldn't take a job at this location and wouldn't trust to send my grandmother as well after seeing how it was run. All in all, don't waste your time.

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Crystal Lake, IL).

Interview

Initial group interview followed by a personal interview later was fairly cut and dry. Found out immediately that I was hired however my salary was verbally told to me out in a common area where residents and employees are around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for any salary negotiation. Hours had close to zero flexibility. Salary set by corporate.

Avc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy lots of questions. Experience is the key . Stay calm don't over think it . They were very patient and helpful . Friendly crew . Lots of departments

Resident Care Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview first, and then I went back 3 times, to meet the Executive Director, the Regional Director, and do a Work Flow walkthrough. Everyone was so nice, and they offered me the job on the third interview.

Interview Questions

• Part of your role is hiring and firing employees. Tell us about a time when you had to do this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fair, and they made me a great competitive offer.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Asked questions about previous job and why did I choose to apply for the position I applied for at sunrise. Also asked a few questions about work environment Behavior and how do I feel about caring for elderly or elderly people with early Alzheimer's or dementia. Working together and following all the rules as what they really like to hear. Keeping a smile on your face and staying engaged when they as you to do a hands off interview were you followed another care manager around and see the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job and why did you leave it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to work here at Sunrise as a care manager?   Answer Question
    • What is workplace behavior and how should you react to someone who's either not doing their job right or need assistance?   Answer Question
    • Trust is a really big thing and they have no tolerance for gossip!   Answer Question

Activity and Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Not anything particularly difficult, you just need to be ready with personal stories to answer the behavioral interview questions. You also have to do a 30-45 minute job shadowing. I found the job shadowing the most difficult part, because they were watching how I interacted with the residents. I was paired with a resident with dementia, and it was the first time I had worked with someone with that particular disability (my background is in development/intellectual recreation therapy). It was a little intimidating at first but I had to just loosen up and enjoy the activity (flower arranging) and be myself :) Other than that, it was fine, just dont be afraid to take a minute to think of good answers to the behavioral questions, and give REAL answers, not the ones you think they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt overwhelmed, what did you do?
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer?
      Answer Question