Sunrise Senior Living Lead Care Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sunrise Senior Living Lead Care Manager Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Gurnee, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview that lasted almost four hours! At the beginning, there were 12 of us. By the time we were finished, there were about 8 or 9 (some had left due to doctor appointments, needing to pick up children, etc). We were informed at the beginning that they do all their interviews as group interviews and they interview weekly. Seems they must have a high turn-over rate. Even though I thought I was interviewing for a Lead Care Manager's position, that was not the case (I found that out the last five minutes of the interview). Everyone is hired in as a Care Manager because essentially you are managing the care of a set number of seniors. I was informed that they promote from within that it would not be fair to hire someone new in at a higher level (even though that is the position I applied for). We were taken on a tour of the entire facility. This is supposed to be an assisted living facility. It is two stories and the lower level is the Alzheimer's and dementia level. The resident bathtub room (the bathtique) had the whirlpool tub. There was scented candles set up in the room and a stereo so you could play the music of their choice while you fed them a piece of cake or some ice cream (yes, during their bath). We were also told that they do not tell the residents no. Does not matter what it is about. If a resident wants steak and lobster than their Care Manager is supposed to get the company credit card and go to Red Lobster and get it for them. If a diabetic resident wants to eat four scoops of ice cream and two slices of cake, the Care Manager is supposed to let them and then just let the resident's nurse know so he/she can adjust their insulin/oral medications. These were examples given to us while on the tour. We were even taken on a tour of the kitchen while the kitchen staff was preparing food. Yes, I was in complete freak-out mode the entire time we were in there (Health violations, anyone?). I had never been in a group interview before and will never do another!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Naperville, IL).

Interview

A month is very long for the hiring process. First you shadow for 4 hours, then they do a background check, fingerprints, and drug test, then you fill out the necessary paperwork. You train for 5 days on the computer then, depending if you have experience or not, you train on the floor for 3-5 days

Interview Questions

• Why does it take a month to get trained   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennebunk, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sunrise Senior Living (Kennebunk, ME) in January 2011.

Interview

The hire process is long. From first application until actually working on the floor, it was 3 months. I actually applied twice, before being called. They are very slow to contact or follow up on applications. The people you need to speak with on the phone are never available to take calls. There's a lot of phone tag to get through. When you finally get an interview, it's with a group. They put on a good presentation. The second interview is done 1 on 1 and you get a tour. Then the third time you have about 4 hours of paperwork with HR. And finally you have about 30 hours of online training, before you can actually work on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to do this type of work? No thought put into this at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start all new people at that rate. So they say... I found out different later.