Super 8 Motels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Super 8 Motels Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (Richmond Hill, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I pretty much went in with my resume and filled out an application. I talked to the GM for about 5 min and they called me back in 2 hours and offered me the job.

Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (Grand Rapids, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I worked there before as a housekeeper, so it was actually just a quick chat of expectations and then catching up. Easiest interview I've ever done. Because they were already familiar with my work ethic, it was basically an offer straight out of the gate. My boss doesn't come at things sideways!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked nights before?   1 Answer
    • I can only guarantee 32 hours per week. It may be more than that, but I can guarantee 32 hours. Is this acceptable?   1 Answer
    • What's your blouse size? (For your uniform shirt when I order it)   Answer Question
    • What made you want to come back?   Answer Question
    • What made you want to apply for this position in particular?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salida, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (Salida, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked a few questions and asked when I could start. Very friendly, not too hard working but had to keep the time to a minimum for cleaning the rooms; amazing job and amazing people.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in the motel/hotel business before?   1 Answer

Facilities Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was invited to participate in a one on one interview with the hotels general manager in which we discussed my resume and work history to determine if I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in similar situations previously?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fruita, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (Fruita, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Saw an ad on Craigslist for a front desk agent/clerk in Fruita, Colorado. I sent my resume and heard from the owner lady about a week later. I met with her and it wasn't really an interview. More like an awkward first date. After 30 minutes I filled out a background authorization and was on my way. Played phone tag for about a week before I was scheduled to meet with the GM in Grand Junction on Horizon drive. That interview lasted about 5 minutes. I could tell it did not go as well like the interview with the owner. Fast forward three weeks after first email, I have not heard anything. I kept hearing "Super busy! Lots of computer upgrades this week". Nobody is that busy that you can't spare 2 minutes to give me a yes or no. I have since found another job that pays more and more hours. Thanks Super 8!

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

i was asked very few quetions. they just asked me if i knew how to clean and if i was over the age of 18. i think another reason i got the job was my aunt worked there and knew the managers.

Interview Questions

• do you know how to run a vacume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (West Monroe, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple interview. Few questions asked by the general manger who made me feel extremely comfortable. The questions asked were generally about customer service and how I would react to upset customers and out of the ordinary situations, i.e. Drug usage on property.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had restaurant experience   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels.

Interview

Short, a little intimidating, but overall very easy to interview. Questions are simple and easier to answer. Mainly looking for reliable employees that are honest and competent You have a one on one with the manager, sometimes the assistant manager or head of housekeeping will be there depending on what position you apply for.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels (Sidney, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application, received emails stating they were interested and set up an interview eventually. Help at the Pizza Hut in front of the hotel and interviewer was there already seated in a corner with papers in front of her and a drink. Polite intro and waitress takes drink order.
    Interviewed 1-1 across pizzahut table 45 minute process of general conversation and specifics about experiences in each job.
    Confident interviewer, felt more like a first date at times.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for something in the Hotel industry or were you applying for a managerial position and this one was available?   1 Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Super 8 Motels in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out the application online on Sunday, got a call on Tuesday, interview on Thursday morning. The interview was very informal and consisted of the only on-duty manager who was also running the front desk at the same time.

Interview was short and went well, I thought. I was informed that the interviewer wasn't sure if they were hiring for a front desk clerk, which is what I applied for, a full-time front desk clerk. He was aware of a night audit (part-time) position that's available. They're continuing interviews and may give me a call back "after the holiday weekend."

An entire week later I was asked to come in for an assessment test, which was a lot of math questions, some personality questions and some common sense questions. After the interviewer reviewed the answers, I was asked to sign a consent form for a background check.

Two days after that, once the background check came back, I was offered the Night Audit position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current manager what they thought of you, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question