Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) Sales Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) Sales Administrator Interview Questions

Interviews at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with three people, one co-worker, two supervisors. Was referred, so was called by supervisor, had a quick phone interview. Afterwards exchanged emails and set up the in person interview. I came into HQ the next week to speak with all three interviewers. Was given offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• How past experience is applicable to this position. What skills I have that were relevant to the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro)

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Received email for onsite interview, came in, met with manager & two team members, was asked to come back in on a Saturday for second interview. Met with manager and the sales VP. Basically told they will hired me if can start within a week.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked what my father did for a living and how much money he made, which is, totally inappropriate. He also asked my age and if I was married, also made comment about it's good to be single and focus on career.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager was dismissive about topic, basically not any negotiation.

Sales Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro).

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by the HR dept for an interview the following week. Arrived at the interview approximately 15 minutes prior and the interviewer was still 20 minutes late. The entire interview was about my experience, but none of the questions were about me. Maybe one, and the rest were basic interview questions. The interviewer was a complete jerk. He made me felt my presence was a waste of his time. He had the audacity to say to me, "It took you that long to finish school?" Really? I asked him a few questions. And one of the question was, " What other avenues of contact do the customers have beside email and customer service? This jerk said, " What does this question pertain to the position you are applying for?" Huh? I could not believe what i had just heard. I believe it was a legitimate question due to the fact that as a potential employee, we need to know alternative contacts for customers just in case. I guess the interview hadn't heard of customer service, or what customer service is about. Complete jerk, and waste of my time as the entire interview lasted no more than 15 minutes. Horrible experience, and i would never recommend anyone to work here.

Interview Questions

• It took you this long to finish school?
      Your questions are irrelevant to the position you are applying fo.
      r   1 Answer

Sales Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in December 2014.

Interview

Got called from my current supervisor 2 days after I submitted the resume. Went in for interview at the very next time. Questions were very general since the position is entry level. I did not really have any hard time answering most of them which I was very surprised since I am terrible when it comes to interview. Everything was pretty smooth, except it was somehow intimidating when I talked to one of the big bosses at the end.

Interview Questions

• This is probably a normal interview question but I really hate it "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very smooth. The team leader gave me the price I had in mind without any negotiation and I was overall happy!

Sales Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) in September 2013.

Interview

Had an interview appointment with the sales team director when she was having a meeting by that time so she asked a sales assistant to "ask me a few question" first. It was pretty basic and easy, and I know she has nothing to deal with my actual interview. It was more like to keep me waiting. Then another guy came in who happened to be one of the sales person of the sales team (I was a little shock at first because I am expecting the director to be a lady because it is a female name), and he again, asked me the same set of questions bla bla bla. I can tell he's not use to interviewing people by the way he respond. After around 45mins the director finally came, I am getting tired but still have to go through the same questions the 3rd time but this time more challenging counter question. She was like "that's not what I want to know, give it another try". Overall she is making me very uncomfortable and the worst job interview ever!

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Super Micro Computer, Inc. (Supermicro) (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had my first interview with the manager after a week from the first time HR contacted me. I visited the organization three times to have 5 interviews with managers, leader and some other people who I might be working with in the future. The interviewers told me to expect long working hours. I was also asked if I have any acquaintances in the organization. Long waiting time due to interviewers were very busy. It took at least 3 weeks from interviewing process to salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked where my husband work which is out of my expectation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not too much room to negotiate.