Superdrug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Superdrug Interview Questions

Interviews at Superdrug

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Croydon, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Brief and consist. Took CV into account along with personality . Asked me about my experience along with some more detailed questions on excel. IT was definable more positive. It was a two stage interboew process. tour around the office if they feel you are a viable candidate.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was taken into the staff room and asked questions by the manager, then I was told to go on the shop floor and approach and chat to customers while the manager watched and assessed me from afar. After that we went back to the staff room and I was quizzed on availability etc. I was there for around 45 minutes in total. It felt very formal, not a relaxed chat kind of interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for superdrug?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked questions about working within a team and customer service. I was then on the shop floor where i was assessed for about seven minutes. I was asked to just greet customers and be nice.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you worked in a team to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

Overall an average interview only thing different was the fact you have scores taking from your answer. They score it from 1 - 4.

So one for example was how would you welcome a customer, say like smile, tell them your name, ask their name, ask why they’re in today etc. And based on them they would tick what was correct.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current trends in your role? (In your role of Superdrug)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with bad customer service?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer
    • When did you work in a team and how did it go?   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call within a few hours for an interview the next day. The interview was split into two parts, first half was a one to one interview with the manager and the second half was a test run on the store floor where you have to promote the product that is on sale that day.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The manager explained the process which was a 10min activity on the shopfloor then he interviewed me. On the shopfloor I was given a perfume and I had to try your sell it to customers while he observed. It wasn't about how much you sell but your interaction with customers.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do after college?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you suggested to do something a different way   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you went the extra mile for a friend   Answer Question
    • When have you worked in a team?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
      How would your friends describe you in 5 words?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the manchester arndale store. On the same day about 2/3 hours later got a call from the store asking me to come for a interview in 3 days time. Got to the store, and a colleague took me to the back room were I waited about 10 mins before I met the assistant manager. She explained briefly that the interview will involve a shopfloor assessment then interview questions.

Firstly, for the shopfloor exercise I could choose one of the following options:
    - Hand out fragrance testers near the door and try to make a sale
    - Hand out baskets to customers when they enter the store or...
    - Promote their loyalty card and try to make customers sign up

I choose the first option. Was on the shopfloor for about 15- 20 mins, talked to some customers as well as workers on the fragrance counter about the job role.

Then the assistant manager took me back to the office for the interview questions. During most of that period she was standing, leaning on her side rather than face to face, not actually paying attention to anything I was saying. I could tell instantly that she was not remotely interested in what i had to say nor wanted to conduct the interview by her bored expression and body language.

At one point, I could see she filled in a box I answered for a question and continued pretending that she was still writing my answer though I could see the pen wasn't even touching the paper.

At this stage, I have other interviews planned with other companies. Superdrug are last on my list if they gave me an offer purely because of the negative experience of this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've gone above and beyond for a friend, a customer..etc?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think are important to working at Superdrug?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you received outstanding customer experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've shown initiative?   Answer Question
    • Name 5 words that describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I got a phone call from the store manager saying that they would like me for an interview and if I could wear all black. At my interview I had the manager and the assistant manger conducting it but they were both lovely and very friendly. It started with a shop floor exercise where I had perfume testers that I had to give to customers, this was to see how I interact with customers. Then there was a more formal interview with questions about customer service and how the store could save money. Finally it ended with them asking me my availability and what hours I was looking for. The manager told me that she would phone me that day and two hours later she rang to tell me that I have the job. It was one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a customer?   1 Answer
    • What was the best customer service you've ever had?   Answer Question
    • How could the store save money?   1 Answer

Superdrug Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Senior Resourcing Manager

Thank you for leaving a review regarding our interview process. I am delighted to hear that not only did you have a good experience at interview, but also you are now working with us... More

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then was asked to do an online assessment, they came back the next day saying I had passed and that someone will get in contact soon, a few days later i got a call from the Assistant Manager of the store and was invited to an interview a couple of days later.

I showed up early to scope around and get my bearings as i knew there was going to be a shop floor part of the interview (I had been there before, but just to get more familiar with things) I was spotted by the Beauty Consultant there and she asked if I was here for the interview (I wasn't as conspicuous as I had hoped! lol) and she took me to get signed in and showed me the stock room and then took me to the staff room to wait for the Assistant Manager, so I was there for a few minutes, and then the BC came back in and said she's running a little behind so we started the practical part first, I had to go around the store and talk to as many people as possible about the 'Star Buy' offer in store and had to offer it to them (I don't think it was about getting people to take it, but just so they can see how you interact with people, don't feel too pressured to sell! Just be friendly/chatty!) And then after 10 minutes I met the AM and she watched me a little bit (from a distance) and after 5 minutes she took me to the staff room for the interview, the BC came with us and sat in because I was applying for a beauty role.

The interview started with a few personal questions and she went through the job position and how the interview will be structured, so we did the personal part (nothing hard, just general background and qualifications/interests etc) and then there were questions more about the business side of things, such as a time where I received good customer service/when did i give good customer service, how can the company save money (I said being vigilant about shoplifting/turning electronic things off when not in use/cutting hours) and how I keep up with the latest trends (I said social media) ALWAYS elaborate and be chatty, don't just give mechanical rehearsed replies, we had a chat between us about makeup and it was really fun, I came away feeling really positive and it was the most fun I've ever had at an interview!

Interview Questions

• How can the company save money?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Cambridge, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very tedious and they asked questions that were completely irrelevant for a Saturday sales advisor, like how their overall turnover would affect me personally et cetera. Not very helpful.