Superdrug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Superdrug Interview Questions

Interviews at Superdrug

2.5

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. One hour after I did the test on the application, had a call from manager who wanted me to come in for an interview. Went in for interview, sat down with manager. She was extremely friendly and welcoming, it really put me at ease. Discussed what type of hours I was looking for etc and asked me the basic questions. After that, I went home. It was a really short interview and a great one.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview about a week after I applied then they rang back a few days later asking me to come in to the store for an interview. They first asked me to hand out perfume samples to customers (she asked which perfume i'd be most comfortable selling) which was pretty easy but also asked me to introduce myself and make friendly conversation with the staff on the floor. This was difficult seeing as most of the staff were busy and on tills and the conversation I had was awkward and forced as the person interviewing me was listening in. Then we went to a small back room and she asked me a load of typical interview questions which were ok to answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the store save money?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you in 5 words   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a friend   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and did an online assessment which I passed. I got a call over the next month asking me if I can come in for an interview! The interview consisted of two parts - 1 on 1 questions and an exercise on the shop floor which included selling an item to customers and helping them out.

The job was only 4 hours a week with a pay rate of £4.something

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

After seeing a vacancy notice in the store window, I handed in a CV to a member of staff in-store. A few days later I received a call asking me to come into the store again for an interview. The interview was pretty standard - the manager who had called me asked me some questions for about 15-20 minutes. All of them sounded like they had been picked right out of an HR textbook and she had a printed sheet in front of her that she was going through that seemed to be the standard interview procedure - no curveballs or any questions that would be really unusual for an entry level retail job. After this brief interview she took me onto the shop floor and paired me with a member of staff who was working on the tills. I was asked to work alongside them, calling customers to the till, asking them if they wanted a bag etc., if they had a points card, and seeing if they were interested in any of the products on special offer that day. This wasn't too difficult (especially if you've worked in retail before), and luckily the member of staff I was paired with was really sweet and relayed some positive feedback when the manager asked him how I had done. After this I was taken back and told by the manager that she would be in touch with an answer by a specified day which I really appreciated. Sure enough I was contacted on that day and offered the job, and asked to attend a training day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have went over and above to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in 5 words?   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience working on a busy shop floor before?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I applied online which was relatively easy and within a day I had an email inviting me to an interview the next weekend. I booked my slot and was told to wear black clothes so I wore a black pencil skirt, tights, a black blouse and some flat back shoes with natural makeup. I arrived to the interview, the manager sat me in the staffroom for ten minutes then called me into her office where she explained the process, super friendly and told me I will be doing a quick shop floor activity to settle my nerves a little so she gave me a clipboard with paper and a pen and told me to walk around, write anything down that I liked/disliked about the store and talk to some staff and find out about them so I made sure I wrote quite a lot down and made a good impression to all the staff i spoke to. She then took me back down to the office for around 10-20 minutes where she asked me the interview questions, explained the hours and asked me about the hours I could do and asked a few things about my CV then told me she would be in touch. About 2-4 hours later, I received a phone call telling me I had got the job :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • How could the company save money?   2 Answers
    • Describe a time you:
      -worked in a team
      -experienced excellent customer service
      -went the extra mile in work, school or home   Answer Question
    • 5 words to describe you and how would your friends describe you   1 Answer
    • How would you sell a product?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superdrug (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Good was easy as I don't have much experience with retail. Easy questions easy interview nice person interviewing me made me feel really comfortable an at ease the interview lasted an hour shop floor exercise on till serving customer then about 15 questions where asked so honestly the easiest one o have ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't any

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

Overall it took about an hour; one floor task (selling perfume) and then questions. They asked me to give out samples of perfume to customers and tell them about the offer of the day. Then they sat me down for a 1-1 interview with some pretty typical questions. Staff were friendly and welcoming, overall a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How would you describe yourself (5 words)? How would friends describe you? When have you gone the extra mile? When have you recieved good customer service? How could the store save money?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I applied online through their vacancy page, couple of weeks later I got an email from them saying that I have gotten an interview. The interview was okay, typical retail style questions were asked. I was then asked to do a trial shift where I had to greet and interact with customers.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Short interview in store, one on one with the manager. The interview was quite basic and impersonal, manager read of a piece of paper. This was followed by two hours trial on shop floor trying to sell perfume.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and had a interview with the store manager. It started very informal with a couple of questions more trying to gauge my personality, while also reading over my CV. They responded very well at all mentions of team work as that is very important at superdrug as well as customer service. I then had a trial shift where i spent 30 minutes on tills serving, interacting with customers and trying to push some star buys. It ended with a more formal interview where the manager had a list of questions to ask me.

Interview Questions

• How would you for example (holds up a perfume) sell this item to me?   1 Answer
    • Can you give an example of experienced outstanding customer service?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe yourself in 5 words?   1 Answer
    • What would you say is a weakness for you? And why do you want this job?   1 Answer
    • Examples of how you are reliable or have helped out a friend   1 Answer