Superdrug Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Superdrug Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Superdrug

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted next day, did a video interview the following week (due to time restraints I had to do it on my phone using mobile network - I advise anyone to get on a strong wifi and computer as the upload times meant it took over 1 hour to complete) and I think interviewed the week after, very fast process compared to others. The recruiter was very friendly, professional and communicated relentlessly. Interviewed in store, I was asked to prepare a SWOT and answers to some questions but the interviewer was not aware of that so that was a pointless exercise. Interviewer was the area manager who I was informed by the recruiter was really friendly although I found her cold, distant and hard to talk to. Took less than 1 hour to ask a variety of competency based questions and despite having done many of these myself from both sides of the table I found it hard to figure what behaviours she was looking for so in the end I just waffled about things I have done which had little to do with Superdrug. After I was told I'd be informed within 2 weeks which then went on another week but at least they had the decency to follow up and tell me in person I had not been successful - reason given was an internal candidate was offered the position which sounded like a mug off to me and when pressed the recruiter couldn't be critical at all so I suspect I was not a good culture fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Superdrug

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Oldham, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my CV online, was quickly contacted within 24 hours to arrange a phone interview with a recruiter from HR. Phone interview very simple, just focused on role expectations and practicalities. After this, formal interview with an Area Manager which included a mystery shop analysis of a store for commerciality, shrinkage, sales, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've challenged your manager's processes in order to improve on them   Answer Question

Received better offers from elsewhere. The salary was comparably low, especially given the expectations and responsibilities they include in their contract of employment.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Telephone interview with HR. She was very positive & bubbly.
    Email to say got face to face interview with Area Mgr. Need to a SWOT on store beforehand & mystery shop the store.
    Face to face with Area Mgr. Lasted 1.5 hours. Made me super excited as company is growing fast. Found out about application 4 days later.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Short more of a chat and then an informal
    Discussion. Had to wait ages for feedback. Then there was another opportunity to discuss the position with a senior manager. Th whole process seemed a bit disjointed and disorganised. I don’t think this was a smooth process at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Superdrug in December 2012.

Interview

2 stage recruitment floor walk swot analysis and then interview with business manager and a Hr manager. Discussed floor walk and then normal questions for management interviews. Lasted in total 3 hours. Then followed up with a telephone interview with the actual line manager of the store and a general meet.

Interview Questions

• Asked what could I bring to the company that they don't already have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for higher than you actually want.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

Saw the advertisement for the job on-line. Good interview, easy to get through. Telephone interview, followed by face - to - face interview. Also asked to do a mystery shop on a store. Initial telephone interview lasted 20 mins approx. And face-to-face interview lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How was the mystery shop? You didn't want to be critical or give a bad mystery shop on someone that you may work with. I   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate wage.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Guildford, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Saw the job on line. Applied. Got an email back asking me to have a telephone interview. Had the interview. Got an email and phone call saying I had been selected for face to face interview with Area Manager. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of job specific questions about P&L and people skills.   1 Answer