Superdrug Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Superdrug Team Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at Superdrug

2.0

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Shields, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (South Shields, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied via their website and got a phone call to arrange interview. Interview took about 2 hours! Two parts of interview, first part was to note down any changes you would make to the store (tidyness, more promo stuff in windows etc), starting from standing at the shop front. That took about an hour and then a regular face to face interview with questions which the manager would write your answers down.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dispute within your colleagues?   Answer Question
  • If someone was getting frustrated and upset how would you deal with the situation?   Answer Question
  • How would you make work more fun, especially if there are quieter times in the day   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Superdrug

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

The application process was very quick, I heard from the recruiter at head office a couple days after submitting my application!

The interview process was not as good as the application process. I was sent an email from the recruiter asking me to come at a specific time, and when I arrived the store manager told me to come half an hour later which was annoying because I was meant to have an interview the week before but it was rescheduled due to the store manager. He basically took me to an office and asked me competency based questions and spoke to me about my retail experience. During the interview he was very patronising probing about why I wanted to change jobs after working in my current one for so long, and if I had any knowledge in cosmetics which was very important to him because that's what Superdrug's main revenue comes from. Even though I said I was willing to learn he shrugged it off. He also asked me "If I would feel comfortable working in a multicultural environment?" bearing in mind that I'm black I thought that question was extremely rude and off seeing as I'm am ethnic minority in the UK, I also noticed that the majority of the staff working in that branch were of the same ethnic background of the manager and it just hinted racism to be honest. I really disliked the manager and his attitude, and felt mis advertised regarding the job because it was 25-30hrs but said he could offer me 24 which was very dodgy. In all honesty I knew straight away I didn't want the job and would have walked out. After the interview he gave me a piece of paper that he described as "floor work" telling me how I would rearrange the shop and what I would improve on. After that he explained he had a few more people to interview the next day and I would know the outcome the day after. I waited 2 weeks to receive a rejection email which was very unprofessional and lazy of them bearing in mind how much time and effort I spent attending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to drive your team to reach a target?   Answer Question