Superior Ambulance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.1

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was intimidating because there were three people to interview with. They each were heads of different departments but related to what I studied for. It was very nice because there was no awkward silence and they all had realistic views of the person they needed to hire. I was very excited to jump into the work force after being out for such a long time. I wished I had got the job but I got no call back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance in April 2017.

Interview

First was a skills test - approx 2 hours long. After 3 days I was invited to take a behavior assessment. The following week I was invited for an interview. The interview was about 45 mins long and covered questions on why I want to work for Norcomm to how I deal with stress and situations common in the job field. The following week I was called and offered a position. All in all from applying online to being offered the job was about 4 weeks.

Post offer - drug screening, eye and hearing tests and background check.

Coder/Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The mood was tense. One of the interviews of the 3 (female) who didn't say much she had a smile on her face and made me feel comfortable. They asked me basic questions, didn't ask anything 'specific' on billing for ambulance fees.
    HR rep sat with me next, salary. I went very high, knowing that we would have to meet low. She stated coders made nothing close, mandatory 5 hours OT every two weeks. Tuesday offers me $16.50, less than what I am making now.

I respectfully declined the offer she wanted to bring feedback to the management team. She then told me that "Looking on websites such as glassdoor and other places give me unrealistic salary expectations so I would never find a job near to what I am asking for".
    1. Mandatory overtime is illegal you cant hire an employee expecting them to work over time that's against labor laws
    2. Huge red flag that they have a high turn over rate.
    3. She also insulted my school and this website specifically stating that this "is why schools close down because they give us students unrealistic expectations and just take our money"

Needless to say, it was completely unprofessional, the hiring managers were nice but I could never work somewhere where HR directly stated I was incapable at achieving a higher salary starting out and that coders are basically lucky to have the opportunity with them because they pay the "average".

Again, terrible experience, she didn't even know the basic principals of negotiation and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Be confident in your experience, education and don't settle. Other jobs are out there where HR reps wont insult your intelligence and basic research you have done on the career you have prepared yourself for. I know myself because I am actively interviewing and applying and I wish that experience on no one.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Medicaid replacement plans?   1 Answer

Apr 4, 2017 – Hiring Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all feedback into consideration and are constantly working to ensure all Superior candidates have a positive interview experience with us... More

AR Billing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Overall it was a very poor experience. I was called by a lady to come in to meet, and thats when the bad experience started. The lady interviewing was incredibly rude, and will cut you off mid sentence before you can finish. She will make a condescending comments if you don't have a suit and tie on even though she never stated that as a requirement to begin with. They will push off their EMT Program instead of the actual job you interview for which is minimum wage. Thanks for wasting my time Superior I would advise to avoid this company like the plague.

Apr 4, 2017 – Hiring Manager

First, let me apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your feedback on interviewing with Superior Ambulance. I appreciate your consideration of us as a potential employer, and very sorry... More

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL).

Interview

Pretty short. I came in and took a knowledge test, which I thought was very easy then I spoke to a member of HR. He asked me a few questions and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      How do you handle administration?
      How would you address an issue with a coworker?   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2017 – Hiring Manager

First, let me apologize for a late response. We value your feedback and are happy that your interview experience went well at Superior Ambulance. Best of luck to you on your career journey.

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Answered questions about what I know about the company, series of questions on I managed conflicts, leadership, and more about my resume. Questions lasted for about 40minutes. Brandon was a great listener and good positive interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation that demanded you take charge, handled conflict and conflict with associates   Answer Question

Overnight Call Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL).

Interview

First started with a rather long computerized test to see my data entry skills, and quick thinking. Once passed you are handed off to a HR Rep. After HR, a Dispatch Supervisor comes to interview you. Overall it was a rather long interview process, with the same questions. Both personnel were really nice.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress? Are you able to sit for long periods of time? Are you able to work up to twelve hours shifts?   1 Answer

Medicar Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance (Elmhurst, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very fast. Applied one day and got a call the next day to setup interview for the following day. Came in for interview which I was surprised was somewhat extensive for such a low paying job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with stress and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

The ridiculous pay, ridiculous uniforms and ridiculous rules this company has. ie no facial hair. Black tie. $10 an hour. I mean who can even live off of that pay. No thanks.

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance in August 2015.

Interview

Called in for an interview, they went over my on line app. Showed me a map of their office locals & asked me to choose 3. Went & did the drug screen & began work the following week. No brainer.

Interview Questions

• When would you be able to start?   1 Answer

Negotiation

$24.50 an hour.

EMT - Basic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superior Ambulance.

Interview

After completion of the EMT-B certification course, I started looking for jobs with the companies that provided ride along times to the students. There were several companies that were associated with the program to research and contact. I initially found a job listing online after searching through various internet search engines and websites of the companies. I applied to several of the listings online and received a phone call for an interviews. This company was one of the first to respond. After researching the company, I accepted the invitation to schedule an interview in person at the headquarters. The interview consisted of taking a competency test and meeting with someone from HR for a short interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company? What do you know about this company? What skills and qualifications do you have that will make you successful? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question