Superunion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Superunion

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Superunion (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Met with four senior team members at first - most seem new to the company, with big ambitions. Interesting mix of clients/projects. I came in a second time to meet two others on the team that I would be working closely with.

Interview Questions

• Interested in opinion of small, specialty shops vs one-stop shops for creative agencies. Asked what I think the future of branding is.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superunion.

Interview

I was given a bulk of tasks(video editing, moodboards, slides making), and then they offered me an interview with the strategists who dug deep into your resume, and asked about your perception of branding and several brands that you're familiar with, etc.

Interview Questions

• How is branding different from advertising/PR/marketing?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superunion (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2019.

Interview

A 40 mins interview through a webinar. Asked about education background and working experience, ask me to give some examples of my College groupwork; Questions like why me why Superunion.

Interview Questions

• Asked about education background and working experience, ask me to give some examples of my College groupwork; Questions like why me why Superunion.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superunion (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview is very casual yet critical, I've interviewed 1-on-1 by Superunion Jakarta's Business & Strategy Director. It took around 1 hour to finish the interview session. The interviewer subtlely gives questions during our conversation. Although it was an interview, I've gained knowledge and insights about working in a brand agency.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer unexpectedly asks logical questions such as:
      1. How many golf ball can fit into an airplane you ride most recent?
      2. How much does the supermarket last time you visit earn gross profit monthly?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Superunion (Croydon, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Attended an interview via a recruiter. Nice offices, relaxed interview. I felt like I got a good feel of the company history, projects, culture and stack. Had a positive impression of the company. Did a 30 minute technical using a prototype design.

Declined to move forward.

Discovered developers were only provided old Windows Desktops machines. Which, to me, is a major red flag for a “digital” company.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superunion (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I got approached by an in-house recruiter to apply for a role and the process started with a quick phone screen with very basic questions including "what is your current salary?" which I chose not to answer. I got pushed to answer that question which I again refused, I found this quite awkward as I had already stated my salary expectations. The questions I asked before the interview weren't really answered and so I decided to attend the interview to find out more.

The guys I met from the creative team for the interview were all very nice and easy to chat with, they were however quite unprepared. It was clear at least one hadn't even read my CV as he didn't even know I was currently employed. I always bring my laptop with me to interviews just in case something goes wrong but this is actually the first interview in my career where I've had to use it (normally the interviewers will have a laptop/computer set up with my website hooked up to a large display or projector). So we all had to crowd around a tiny laptop to see my work even though there was a large screen in the meeting room.

It was a very casual chat with no hard questions or curveballs, sometimes I felt like the interviewers did more talking than I did. There appeared to be a large disconnect between what they were looking for and what the job description and title was, so there was still some confusion but I came out with a much better understanding of what was needed.

I was invited back for a 2nd interview with a higher up where we further cleared up the confusion around the role. It was another very casual chat and presentation of my portfolio with no difficult questions, again there was a minor lack of preparation and the interviewer had seen none of my work. It was clear some changes needed to be made for the title and job description to fit the actual role in order to get me on-board. In the end I don't think it was possible to make these changes and they decided to go with someone who's background fitted the role a bit better (totally fair). It was an overall fairly positive experience and seemed like a good company to work for. The in-house recruiter was a first class professional and a joy to deal with apart from that bit insisting on my current salary. I would apply again.