Supplemental Health Care Physician Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Supplemental Health Care

1 Interview Review

4.0

Physician Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Supplemental Health Care.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter for the position and had an initial screening call with her. A few days later we had another call that went more in depth over my work experience and skills. We decided to move forward to a phone interview with the manager who I would be working with. The recruiter was great and scheduled a call the day before to prep me with questions to ask and experiences to highlight. I was told not to ask about any salary or benefits (which should have been a red flag).

The phone interview went very well with fairly standard interview questions. I felt he did a great job in learning who I am and why I felt that I could work for the company. We decided to move forward. He sold me on the position and company, I sold myself, and we decided to move forward.

A few days later we arranged for a face to face interview and I was excited and told them I would drive the 1000 mile round trip for the interview. I took the time off from work and when I showed up was actually interviewed by a different answer for a slightly different position. They wanted to see which team I would best function on. I realized that it was likely an attempt to see how I would react to the situation - showing up for an interview and meeting with someone I was unprepared to meet as well as interview for a different position. I felt that the face to face interview went well. The questions again were fairly standard and included mostly back and forth dialogue about the company and the position I would be hired for as well as culture fit.

Again I did not ask about pay but it would have been nice to have been given an idea or range since I had just taken an entire day/weekend and drove over 1000 miles for this interview.

I emailed the manager later in the day thanking him for the time and asked about salary and benefits since it did not come up in the interview. I was told that he needed to speak first with the manager I interviewed with over the phone and that they would get back to me in a few days.

I followed up with the recruiter to let her know how the face to face went and that I was excited to hear back. A few days turned into over a week and eventually I followed up with the recruiter who let me know that after all this they were going to focus on other candidates who already had recruiting experience.

Overall it was a good learning experience but I would have really appreciated them telling me they were looking for experienced recruiters before spending the time and money to drive over 1000 miles for a face to face interview. If offered a position in the future I will have to seriously consider if I want to work for managers who would allow an interviewee to make that kind of commitment to an interview only for them to say that I did not have the right qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
    What are your greatest strengths and professional achievements?
    Why do you want to be a recruiter?
    Specific questions about selling skills, negotiating abilities and comfort levels negotiating with people and responding to objections.   Answer Question