Sur La Table Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

1.5

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Houston, TX).

Interview

Store walk around with floor lead to ask about lifestyle, interests, and salary expectations. Not hard questions once I called in for a 1:1 interview. I applied online, received a phone call within 48 hrs to schedule an interview, had the interview, received an offer within 24 hrs of interview.

Interview Questions

• If you and another sales associate are the only two on the floor and the manager is in the back on a conference call and all of a sudden you get a ton of foot traffic and need help and you notice none of the trash in the kitchen has been dumped from the last cooking class and it was a fish class, how do you address the situation? (yes. really. and it happened more than once)   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Too long for an $8.00 an hour job. It took two weeks for me to go through the background check for a part-time job that I made $8.00 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Canned questions that were printed out from the Internet.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online in August 2013 and received a call asking if I was still interested in the job a couple days later. I went in the next day for an interview. The "interview" took place in the middle of the store and took about 10 minutes. The hiring manager asked if I would be able to go to orientation on Tuesday (my interview was on a Thursday). I said yes, and he said he would rush through the paperwork to get my background check done. He said I would recieve any email to authorize the background check. Once I authorized that, I didn't hear anything else, so I called on Monday and he said to come to orientation the following day to fill out paperwork which would take about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, in fact there were hardly any at all that would you expect. They seemed desperate for workers. They only thing he asked was if I liked pastry/dessert or savory cooking better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They started me at 8.50 per hour and it seemed like they assumed you would just be working for the employee discount which is 40%.

Coffee Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I had one phone interview and one in-person. the lady was very nice and well spoken. typical "why do you want to work here?" questions. "what are your career goals?" and they wanted to know how much I knew about the products. it was quick and painless. unfortunately, I couldn't stay working for them. I found out I was pregnant almost immediately after hire and couldn't work for most of my pregnancy. I really liked the people and company though.

Interview Questions

• none of them were very difficult. if you've ever gone on an interview you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they told me they started everyone out at $8/hr I didn't try to negotiate