Sur La Table Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sur La Table Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Sur La Table

1.8

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic interview regarding customer service skills and experience. Be prepared to select a kitchen product from the sales floor and pitch it as your favorite product or best product for X.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sur La Table

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief. Some questions were inappropriate. Just a form type interview - what is your biggest weakness, what is your strength, etc. Assistant manager interviewed - I didn't meet the actual manager till after I started. Overall the interview was super easy. It probably lasted for roughly 20 minutes in person and 15 minutes over the phone.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview. I interviewed with the resident chef there and he just asked a few questions over the phone and didn't seem like he was really all that concerned with how you answered them. I came in for training and that was also very low-stress.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you knew a customer was satisfied   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next week. It was a simple phone screen to gauge my interest and availability and we scheduled a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview was short and we mostly just talked about my customer service experience. We then scheduled an in-store interview for the following week. It was a one-on-one interview with the resident chef.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect with customers? A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Dallas, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

quick response to an on line application, asked clear question, very personable interviewer, asked questions already on posted job description as well as past experience, responded via email for further clarifications needed for the position

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table in September 2018.

Interview

Very casual. Was more like talking to the manager instead of an interview. She did ask required questions, but it was more like a normal conversation of getting to know someone.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest challenge and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back after couple of weeks. After phone interview, I was invited to the store to meet the head chef. Face to face interview was easy and relaxed. Just talked about my experiences and motivations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer $10.00 per hour and that's it.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

They just ask you a few simple question, they will hire you on the spot because they are so desperate, they talk to you in the kitchen if that is the position you are going for, then after they hire you they will ask you to fill out paper work and ask you what day you can start and thats it.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us, tell us a time you had to work with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Too long for an $8.00 an hour job. It took two weeks for me to go through the background check for a part-time job that I made $8.00 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Canned questions that were printed out from the Internet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an in-person interview within 2 weeks. The interview was scheduled at a convenient time. I met with the Resident Chef and the interview covered basic information about me, my experience, and why I wanted to work at Sur la Table.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when coworkers couldn't figure out a problem and you solved it? (not verbatim--but that was the gist of it)   Answer Question