Sur La Table Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sur La Table Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions

2.0

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview. I interviewed with the resident chef there and he just asked a few questions over the phone and didn't seem like he was really all that concerned with how you answered them. I came in for training and that was also very low-stress.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you knew a customer was satisfied   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sur La Table

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next week. It was a simple phone screen to gauge my interest and availability and we scheduled a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview was short and we mostly just talked about my customer service experience. We then scheduled an in-store interview for the following week. It was a one-on-one interview with the resident chef.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect with customers? A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back within a few weeks. Had two interviews and got and offer. Process took about a month. Had a phone screen interview and then another interviews with all of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an in-person interview within 2 weeks. The interview was scheduled at a convenient time. I met with the Resident Chef and the interview covered basic information about me, my experience, and why I wanted to work at Sur la Table.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when coworkers couldn't figure out a problem and you solved it? (not verbatim--but that was the gist of it)   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back after couple of weeks. After phone interview, I was invited to the store to meet the head chef. Face to face interview was easy and relaxed. Just talked about my experiences and motivations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer $10.00 per hour and that's it.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

They just ask you a few simple question, they will hire you on the spot because they are so desperate, they talk to you in the kitchen if that is the position you are going for, then after they hire you they will ask you to fill out paper work and ask you what day you can start and thats it.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us, tell us a time you had to work with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process was simple. Show your qualifications, display relevant experience. I had to fill out one to two behavioral questions per category to send to the corporate level. The employer completed a background check on me, and I was subsequently hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. All I wanted was that job, and I was excited to accept something entry-level.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

I first received a phone call interview and then an in person interview with one of the chefs. The phone interview and in person interview were both very basic and asked standard questions. Overall, it was a breeze. I got the job and realized I didn't need to be as nervous as I was prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected question was "What would you serve for dessert at a dinner party?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Too long for an $8.00 an hour job. It took two weeks for me to go through the background check for a part-time job that I made $8.00 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Canned questions that were printed out from the Internet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Alexandria, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

A phone screen; in person interview with the culinary program manager and store manager. Easy predictable questions that seemed like they came out of a "how to interview" book.

The background check took nearly a month. I had forgotten about the job by the time they called me to set up a start date. They really need to work on that process, for a minimum wage part time job it shouldn't take more than a month to get hired.