Sur La Table Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next week. It was a simple phone screen to gauge my interest and availability and we scheduled a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview was short and we mostly just talked about my customer service experience. We then scheduled an in-store interview for the following week. It was a one-on-one interview with the resident chef.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect with customers? A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy questions, make sure you look nice and smile lots. quick phone screen, then quick in person interview. No drug test. Background check though, easy and simple. Offer made immediately after in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview and than one face to face. Mostly questions on sales experience and customer service. No cooking required, no interest in cooking no prior experience with selling cookware

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Pasadena, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Filled out the application online, as was instructed to do when I called to ask if they were hiring. Then, about 5 days later, I called the store to see if they had any information regarding my application, they said that I should just stop in and fill out the application in person as there is some "disconnect" between corporate and the online system and the locations.
    Came in later that day to fill out the application. Left if there with the shift supervisor/temp. manager who said they would contact me in a week or so when the new manager was brought on.
    Heard nothing for about a month until I got a voicemail asking me to come in and interview. Called back and was told that the manager was the only person working the floor and she'd have to call me back later to discuss scheduling an interview.
    In the meantime, I had already been offered nearly full-time employment at another job, so I'm just trying to find out if I can work 1 or 2 days a week, in order to get the discount. Still waiting to get the callback from the manager....

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

phone, in store and management interviews...its all about the retail experience................................................................................................................................................................there's not to much to write about....sur la table is located all over the US. The discounts are good but management needs to set a goal to pay more....

Interview Questions

• can you carry 25 pounds? can you arrive on time? have you worked retail in the past?   Answer Question

Seasonal Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Irvine, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and waited, got a phone call interview about a week and a half later. I answered quite a few questions and the interviewer asked me to come in for an in-store interview the next week with both the person that interviewed me and the manager. I ended up only having the interview with the person who interviewed me on the phone because the manager was nowhere to be found. The interviewer read off a bunch of questions from a list and filled in my answers. She said she'd call back, but never did. I got a call from a manager at a different store asking if I had been hired, to which I said I was unsure. That manager called me again to tell me that the 1st manager had put me through a background check. I signed the background check paperwork, but no one contacted me again. In the end, I never bothered calling back because the season for the seasonal job had pretty much ended.