Sur La Table Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sur La Table Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

It started with a phone interview and then progressed into an in person interview. They were very accommodating with times and dates and were respectful to me considering this is not my job field.

Interview Questions

• What was one way that you helped make a sale in your past job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sur La Table

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy; and the managers are super nice just make sure you state that you have outstanding customer service skills. Also, mention that you like cooking or baking that is an extra plus.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief interview process. Went over role, explanation of duties, store values and goals, and asked me a few questions to see if I was a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a customer who gave you a hard time and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

applied online and within a week had someone call for an interview. they did a phone screen at first and then after that they had me come down to the store and do an interview. After that i think i got a call for an offer within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• basic sales associate questions, dealing with upset customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone called from store manager after 1 week and had a brief over the phone interview. I was invited to come in for a store interview. I had an interview standing right in the sales floor which was actually surprisingly relaxing. I had a fairly easy interview and was shown around the store and the different "departments" I could be assigned too. If you apply as cashier, you will not only be doing that once you start working, everyone does everything. I got a job offer the same days and started working a few days later when my background check was completed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sur La Table? Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

In store interview, literally on the floor next to customers and employees, which was pretty weird to say the least.
    Basic simple questions such as my experience, how would I handle certain situations, what would I look forward to if I we're given the position, etc.
    After that, I got the call about to weeks later and was told that I got the job, so yeah, pretty normal interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table.

Interview

Pleasant. i went in for two interviews with different managers. both were very nice.it was not hard to attain the job with my product and culinary knowledge.

Interview Questions

• "Would you be willing to relocate for this position?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview and than one face to face. Mostly questions on sales experience and customer service. No cooking required, no interest in cooking no prior experience with selling cookware

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy questions, make sure you look nice and smile lots. quick phone screen, then quick in person interview. No drug test. Background check though, easy and simple. Offer made immediately after in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sur La Table (Burlington, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

the interview process was very casual. it was done on the floor in the midst of customers, and was more of a conversation than a formal interview. interview was with the assistant manager, customers in the area needed assistance while we were interviewing so we were disrupted a few times which made the interview less formal. went over work experience and retail experience, a few hypothetical questions asked about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult and/or upset customer and how you remedied the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question