Surgical Information Systems Software Engineer (C#), Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Surgical Information Systems Software Engineer (C#), Lead Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer (C#), Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

I had previously interviewed with this company more than two years ago, I am a senior software developer with 20+ years experience and their job openings did not match my experience at the time. I received an unsolicited email from them a few weeks ago which their recruiter said they now had a senior lead position that closely matched my experience. I started their interview process with initially completing a two phase online exam for determining my experience, personality evaluation, etc that others have detailed here. Before starting any of this process, I told their recruiter what my salary requirements were as I am a senior developer and currently employed, intimately know C# and multiple other languages, management experience, and have nothing detrimental in my background as I have been previously cleared to visit Camp David on multiple occasions for work on a telecommunication system there, and I now had over 5 years developing medical device software.

Next was the phone interview with questions about general programming and some very detailed questions about OOP which I am very expert. To the SIS interviewers credit, he was very knowledgeable about software development and from my interaction with him, I knew that he really knew the subject.

After two weeks, I received a thanks but no thanks email from them - at least they had the dignity to follow up. I suspect that my salary was the problem all along despite me telling him at the very beginning. What a total waste of time. I will never respond to anything from them in the future! On top of this, their email system is so buggy that all my email replies to the recruiter during this process were rejected as undeliverable even though the recruiter insisted that it was valid. I was replying with a yahoo email address - no problems with anyone else other than SIS.

My recommendation for anyone considering a position there is to not waste your time with this company!

Interview Questions

• Some very detailed OOP questions - know the subject if you are going to do a phone interview with SIS.   Answer Question