Susan G. Komen for the Cure Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.5

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

An assistant reached out regarding my application, set up a phone screen for later that day and sent a calendar invite to confirm. The CEO, Elaine, of the Philadelphia branch was supposed to call me for the interview. She did call...over two hours early. No apology, no explanation for the early call, not even an acknowledgment that the interview was happening WAY early. I was completely caught off guard and found myself apologizing for her error. Interview went well but when I emailed to follow up a week later I received a very short email back (in all caps, so it felt like she was screaming at me) that she had "made a choice" already and that was it. Overall, an INCREDIBLY unprofessional experience and I'm pretty relieved I didn't get the job. Still have no idea why Elaine called 2 hours early as we were in the same time zone and had a confirmed calendar reminder with the correct time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I originally applied online for a part time position, but since I was a student and was only going to be working during the summer, the executive director emailed me back and said I should interview for an internship with the company for the summer. We set up a quick phone call discussing my background and my interest in the company. 2 days later she sent me an offer via email and asked me to sign a contract.

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back within a week for a phone interview. She basically acted like I was one of thousands to be chosen,which strike me as odd. The woman who called me (the volunteer coordinator) seemed to only take about how great the "culture" was, and how everyone was a team. I tend to be a bit shy on a phone, and she basically called me quiet. I don't see this as a flaw. But, for some reason this got on her nerves. Yeah, not ever giving to this organization again.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and his team. Two of the four people were on the phone. One of those people was looking at my current employer's job postings during then interview and asked why I didn't apply for the Developer position there. I thought that was highly inappropriate. The other person on the phone had an accent that I could not understand. I asked her to repeat her question but still did not understand her.

I knew from the questions they were asking me, that I was not the right person for the job. The job they were interviewing me for was not the job I applied for. My resume is very clear about my experience so I'm not sure why they interviewed me.

While, the hiring Manager and his boss were very nice, I was not the right fit for their position. When I told them this during the interview, they talked about looking at the whole package. A word of advice, when an applicant tells you she doesn't have the experience you are looking for, believe her. Oh, and if you are going to have people calling in for the interview, you should probably ask them the to focus on the interview and not be looking at and asking about another company's job posting during the interview. That was just tacky.

Probably the worst interview I have ever had. Definitely turned me off of working for them in any capacity.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between html and html5. Other questions I could not understand because of heavy and accent. No one in the room offered to repeat the question for me. Really trying to block it out because it was the worst interview I have ever had.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure in January 2016.

Interview

Great, I enjoyed the interview. Great team, location. Unfortunately the affiliates are limited by fund raising to drive salaries and that disparately contrasts HQ salaries. Event driven to cover bottom line, that concerned me.

Interview Questions

• Share an example of how you manage projects   Answer Question
    • He would you help this team optimize the grant management process?   1 Answer

The salary range was extremely lower than my market value.

Media Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Great, positive interview with entire staff. They were excited about my ideas, and welcomed me warmly. I was able to tell their personalities well during this interview. I felt like they needed someone to add my skills to their mix.

Cause Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Two phone interviews- the first very generic with the recruiter and the second with the hiring manager- more specific about job experience. Then panel interview with entire team. I could tell the questions were straight from HR.

Interview Questions

• Whats an example of a strong cause marketing partnership and why?   Answer Question

Better job offer elsewhere

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume via online application, got a call from recruiter, and then talked to hiring manager. Hiring manager was inexperienced in asking thoughtful, interviewer questions. A little frustrating because the individual talked mostly about their role in the organization and how they work, etc. Very scattered conversation that lasted too long.

Race for the Cure Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Portland, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

Great experience overall! Applied online and heard back from the Volunteer Manager within a week. Initial phone interview was easy and lasted around 30 minutes. We set up an in person interview on the phone. In person interview was awesome. Very laid back and casual. I was interviewed by three people and the interview lasted around an hour!

Interview Questions

• Mostly easy questions no technical questions. Most questioned based upon past job and internship experience.   Answer Question

Grant Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Susan G. Komen for the Cure in June 2011.

Interview

Strange process with Komen. I was called by HR for the standard "why do you want to work here" questions, then had a 1:1 phone interview with the supervisor. That went well, and I was flown in for interviews with the whole team, which took 1 business day. I was told by the supervisor's boss that I should start the on-board training on a certain day. After I was flown back home, I was requested to have more interviews via Skype with tangental team members, and then nothing. I tried to call/email to see what happened, even for just development purposes, but never heard from them again.