Susquehanna International Group Assistant Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Assistant Trader Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2018

3.4

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

First round phone interview- walk through resume, followed by 4 problem solving questions. Expected value, probabilities, die question

Final Round interview- site visit in Philly. 7 probability questions. Bayes Theorem, mental math, one with calculus.

Interview Questions

• Game Theory question with probabilities and finding each players best response.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

First round interview on phone. Half behavioral half technical regarding expectation and call option.

Assistant Trader Interview

Interview

Applied in the fall to receive on campus interview in the fall for summer internship.
    Very easy probability questions with paper and pencil.

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview. Started out with two behavioral questions why sig, why trading, why my major etc. Then had 3 math questions one about 5 people sitting at a round table, a counting game and a coin game.

Interview Questions

• what is the probability of 5 people with different ages sitting in ascending or descending order at a round table.   4 Answers

Assistant Trader Interview

Interview

first round interview, phone ,background check, probability and stat question, similar to what was said, the interviewer was quite nice and give me enough time to think my answers, accuracy matters more than speed

Interview Questions

• candy bar A produce 60%, of which 20%damage,B produce 40%, 10% damaged, see a damage bar, probability it come from b   5 Answers

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Sent my resume through school's career website and they got back to me in about a week and a half. Interview consists of probability and expected value questions. Easy questions, I just messed up on trivial things.

Interview Questions

• You have are offered a contract on a piece of land which is worth 1000000 70% of the time, 500000 20% percent of the time and 150000 10% of the time. The contract says you can pay x dollars for someone to determine the land's value from where you can decide whether or not to pay 300000 for the land. What is x? I.e. how much is this contract worth?   10 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Starts with "Tell me about yourself", goes over resume, then 5 Questions -- Same quantitative questions that have been listed on the site -- Bayes Theorem, brain teasers where you have to work backwards, expected value.

I got the expected value question wrong and was quite nervous during the interview. I wasn't selected to move on to the second interview.

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in February 2009.

Interview

I had a brief 20 minute phone interview with SIG. They gave me notice half a week in advance to set up a time for the interview. My interview was on speaker phone with two people - one interviewer and one observer. The interviewer was straight forward and asked my to walk through my resume and talk about my poker-playing history. Also, I was asked a couple of basic probability questions before the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• If a submarine can fire has two missiles to fire with each one hitting with a probability of 1/3, what is the probability that at least one missile will hit?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

Got an on campus interview for SIG. First round was 4 brain teaser questions, if you get all of them you move on to the second round. There was also 1-2 fit questions about hobbies and recreational activities outside of finance. Basically you have to get all 4 brainteasers correct to move onto the second round.

Interview Questions

• Here is an example of a brainteaser during the interview: You have five pirates, ranked from 5 to 1 in descending order. The top pirate has the right to propose how 100 gold coins should be divided among them. But the others get to vote on his plan, and if fewer than half agree with him, he gets killed. How will the coins end up being divided, assuming all the pirates are rational and want to end up alive?   15 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

Highly quantitative interview. The setting of the interview is pretty relaxed and informal.

Spent maybe 10% of the time on fit and 90% on it solving problems. Brush up on your probability, binomial theorem, etc. You're allowed to use a paper and pen so make sure you write everything down and think out loud.