Susquehanna International Group Assistant Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Assistant Trader Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

3.5

126 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Applied online; Had a first round that was a combination of behavioral and technical; Second round was just technical (Didn't make it past the second round, but I assume the next step was on site);

Interview process is fairly straight forward. They don't seem to expect finance knowledge, just your ability to solve brainteasers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of phone screens followed by an on-site in Philly

Phone screens were 3 questions a piece, on-site there was a group problem solving session and time spent with traders. Everyone is super friendly and the questions are rather easy so don't be too worried. They also will help you and I stumbled a little but still moved on as long as you get the concepts of the questions and the way to solve it, your actual algebra isn't the most important thing

Interview Questions

• Fit questions, resume questions, bayes (a lot of bayes), probability questions, recurrence relations questions etc. Was asked not to say but mostly everything was similar to stuff already on Glassdoor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two round of phone interview, then a day on-site. On-site there is a group team exercise, two periods of half hour or so spent talking with traders on the floor, and an individual interview. I thought the group team exercise was the hardest of all. Afterwards there is dinner. The facility seems great. The people were a little stand-offish.

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in November 2015.

Interview

Handed in my resume during an SIG info session at my university. Got an interview invite email three weeks later. Had two rounds of phone interview. First round of phone call was with a hr, second round with a trader. Some simple behavioural then 3 technical questions each. Failed at second round.

Interview Questions

• You have 17 coins and I have 16 coins, we flip all coins at the same time. If you have more heads then you win, if we have the same number of heads or if you have less then I win. What's your probability of winning?   7 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submit the resume on its website and HR scheduled interview the day after I submit the resume. I scheduled the interview one week after. Some basic behavioral questions first and then it moves to two technical questions. I solved the first one very easily but spent a lot of time on the second one. I was notified 2 days later that i didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• roll a dice, win 2* the value of the face if it is an even number, or win 1*the value of the face if it is an odd number. what is the amount of money you need to charge to play the game.

Then if you are given the opportunity to make a decision and play again, you will only be paid by the result of the last rolling. What is amount of money you need to charge to play the game   10 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an in-office interview. The phone interviews were almost exclusively probability questions. I was asked not to use a paper and pencil. They repeated several of the interview questions found all over Glassdoor, so I recommend using it to prepare.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to complete two Bayesian probability question involving cards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through careers services. Resume was selected for on-campus interview. Standard one-on-one interview. Two questions. Expectation of a dice game in which $1 for each on the face, can re-roll if not satisfied but have to pay $1. Coin question with biased coin and 9 fair coins. Roll coin 10 times and get ten heads. What's the probability of heads on the next roll?

Interview Questions

• Dice expectation. Coin question   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR for an initial phone interview. The HR interview included brainteasers along with resume questions which surprised me. After the HR interview, I had a phone interview with a trader which included more brainteasers and math problems. Finally, I went to an onsite superday in Philadelphia. At the superday I was shown around the office and got to sit with two trading groups during the day. I had one group interview and one personal interview. I also went out for dinner with the traders at the end of the day. Overall it was a great experience. I was very tired an really stumbled through the brainteasers in the final interview which I think cost me the offer, but in general the questions were equal in difficulty to the questions in the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me not to disclose questions but study the typical brainteaser especially Bayes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR. Probability questions, use of Bayes thm.
    Phone screen with head of education department.
    Onsite at Philly office, two technical interviews, asked probability questions. Asked to play (gambling) games and if you'd like to play the game - you had to give reasoning (why/why not) and what your strategy would be. One group interview during lunch, brain teasers.

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, first, questions about why SIG, why trading. Then, briefly go through your resume. After that, I was asked three probability problems and brain teasers. The interview last about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Bayes rule, basic coin flip problem, and The King's Party problem (identify the 100 fake wine from 1000 wines).   Answer Question