Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Bala Cynwyd, PA | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Updated Sep 7, 2017

3.2

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter submitted my profile to SIG. Got a call soon from a recruiter at SIG who went over general stuff. This was followed by a 1 hr phone interview with the team lead and the director of a quantitative development group. Many probing questions to gauge my level of comfort with C++. My profile is in scientific and high performance computing. So C++ is merely one of the many tools I know and use. Still somehow, got invited to the on-site interview. A 75 minute coding test where you can code in a language, IDE, OS of your choice. Ultimately it boiled down to a good data structure design problem. I did horribly as time just seemed to fly by. My work was then reviewed by 2 engineers (one very long term, 20+ years) of the 'network team'. We worked though the solution together. This wasn't as bad an experience as I literally stood there and learnt as we discussed pros and cons. Next came a couple of people from the 'trading application team' who were rather arrogant and asked me why am I (with my profile) interested in this job and if I am a 'good developer'. Well, I followed that up in a subtle way as to why I was invited there. The replied they invite people over for general roles. One interviewer was very robotic in his interrogation. It was past lunch now and no one offered me some time to eat lunch. In fact people there eat at their desks. I was hoping I would get to talk to at least someone from the quantitative side, but that didn't happen. I was told I was done for the day and given a tour and general HR orientation etc. I ran out of there as soon as I could. Personally, it was a waste of time for me but at least I got a Philly trip for my troubles!

Interview Questions

• Some performance metric I hadn't heard of. Some Python stuff just because I mentioned something Python in one of my answers.   Answer Question

Campus Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Three round interview process - First was a phone screening, then a phone interview with a couple of the team members, and finally they flew me out for an in-person interview with several of the team members. The onsite interview consisted of a company tour and then the interview rounds. I wished the third round of the interview was more personal rather than background based questions. It's possible that it didn't get to that place simply because I was nervous. Overall great process. They were very communicative and welcoming and fast about the whole process. SIG seems like a quality company with a great culture.

Buy-Side Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. Mostly behavioral, asked a few brain-teasers. Know your statistics and probability answers, it was difficult to come with answers on the spot. No pen and paper was provided. However, the fit questions were fine, think culture, why SIG, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you have six marbles of equal weight except for one lighter, what is the lowest # of weighs you must do to find the lighter marble?   1 Answer
    • Four kids in a room of different height. What are the chances they will be in equal order?   1 Answer

Junior Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail to set up a phone interview.
    The first round of phone interview was mostly based on my resume. I was asked questions about my education, qualifications and work experience. She also asked some basic behavioral questions. However, there is no visa sponsorship for this position so they were unable to continue the interview process. She said she would consider my application for other open positions. But, I received a generic rejection email after a couple of days.

As mentioned by others on this website, the interview process consists of 3 stages. Initial HR interview -> Technical phone interview -> On-site interview

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation in your current job. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe the kind of work environment that you'd like to work in.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Few days after applying I received an email asking for a phone interview to discuss my resume and qualifications. The next day I received an email asking for a technical phone interview (which did not involve writing code online). Two days later I was invited to a super day on-site, which consisted of: a 45 min project done alone, followed by a 45 min technical interview discussing the project, then a 45 min interview with other engineers about my background, then lunch with the hiring manager discussing the intern program, followed by a tour. Later that night everyone was invited to a dinner at a nice restaurant. In general the day was fun and a pleasant experience. None of the questions were even remotely difficult and the engineers and staff were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: how would you reverse a string. On-site: project that involved reading an input file and searching for information   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Gave resume to SIG representative at campus career fair. Had an initial phone interview for SWE role, but I indicated I was more interested in trading. Got a second phone interview for trading a week later, which included some behavioral questions and 3 math problems - invited to an onsite interview about 2 weeks later. Ran through two desk rotations, a fun "group interview," and an individual interview with behaviorals and about 6 math questions.

Interview Questions

• Probability, expected value, arbitrage portfolios, odds, optimal betting strategy in games, etc   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews both with 1-2 brainteasers/probability questions but mostly behavioral. Then invited to SIGma day which is their version of super day and had 6 different mini interviews, a case study, and main final interview. In the final interview you discussed the case study you had 30 minutes to prepare using Excel on a computer they provide for you. The 6 mini interviews were rotations to different floors and departments talking to different people on each. Then that night we had a dinner with other finalists, the recruiter, and some analysts.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

I applied through my university, at the very last minute. Got phone screen within a week, and onsite after another week.

I interviewed with multiple teams, and was asked architectural questions, as well as some small coding problems. I was able to answer most of them correctly, thanks to some of my contributions to open-source.

Got an offer within two weeks of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure to process and store stock symbols and prices throughout the day.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of a basic behavior interview and a culture interview. I was asked various questions on why I want to join SIG ? how I heard about SIG? What technical activities I do in the free time . basic stuff , just to know how excited are you about the role.

Second round - Codility test , single question, bit tough to do in 60 minutes, but the related solution to it is already on stack overflow !!! (hope they notice it and change the question for future candidates)

Third round - On site at PA. first round coding exercise , was surprised to see machine they gave me to complete the test, PC was very outdated , old version of eclipse with IE 7, anyway I partially completed the exercise and wasn't happy with the start as I was struggling with the environment.

Second on site round was with 2 developers who asked about what I did and why I couldn't do it, but overall had a good chat. Both developers were from C++ background and I was trying to explain the whole piece of code in Java. Third round was on design patterns , Both developers were very understanding and knew what kind of work and technologies I have worked upon in past.

on site interview lasted about 3-4 hours, in the end was given tour of their HQ.

Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Had two phone interviews a week apart and was then invited to an on-site final round interview. Follow-up from the phone interviews came very fast; got emails within the next two hours. Both phone interviews asked questions very similar to the one's you'll find here.
    On-site interview was a lot of fun; the interviewers did talk to each other while I worked but they explained why (making sure you can work under less-than-perfect conditions) and were generally quite nice, although a little intimidating. Also had a group interview with fun puzzles and mathy brain-teasers. Asked not to disclose questions online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your free time? (They want you to have played strategic games like poker, chess, or go, however it is not necessary)   Answer Question