Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2018

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Providence, RI) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied through college online portal and was scheduled for an on-campus interview. The interview lasted around 30-45 minutes. The interviewer was very nice despite me struggling with the questions. A few simple behavioral questions and 3 brainteasers.

Interview Questions

• Brainteasers, similar to other ones posted on Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

intense. they asked a ton of math questions. very quantaive. very meticulous and highly recommend doing a lot of prep beforehand on riddles and math puzzles. i would study other interviews before going in.

Interview Questions

• how many combinations can you roll an 8 on a dice   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Started off with a short interview with HR. Then they scheduled me for a technical interview about six weeks later. They had an outside consultant run the interviews. I answered the questions correctly and the fellow even said I did well, but they turned me down anyway.

I'm given to understand that the interview is timed, so even though the questions seem easy it's really a time trial. Some involve a lot of arithmetic and time ticks away rather quickly. Rather bizarre experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Basic probability, computing the expected value of a game, etc.   Answer Question

ETL Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

It all started with recruiter call. After that I was invited for a chat with hiring manager, which was very informative call, I was grilled a lot on ETL support questions. I thought I was done after that call, but surprisingly was called onsite for multiple round of interviews.

Onsite was awesome, met great people and got to know in & out about the role. Some tough questions where they were interested in checking my way of thinking rather than correct answer.

Was given offer, but had to turn down due to other good opportunity, which was more inline with my aspirations.

Overall, I would recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How will you tackle load failure of ETL process, for which you do not have any knowledge?   Answer Question

ETL Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got a mail from an HR in 4 days stating that they were interested in my profile wanted to set up a 30-minute telephonic interview. They called on time and screened me on few HR questions and couple of basic questions regarding the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle load failures?
      What is your experience with Shell scripting?   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in December 2017.

Interview

HR interview, then scheduled a phone call. It was strange because the person I spoke to was not a quant at SIG. It was a consultant they hired to carry the interview. It was supposed to last 1hr and have from 7 to 10 questions, but instead it only had 4. The guy on the phone was nice, but he had a very strong accent.

Honestly, I feel like there were not seriously considering me for the position. I answered the questions he gave me correctly (although I he helped me a bit with one of them).

Interview Questions

• 3 Horses: A,B, and C. For every dollar you wager, you get $2,4,6$ dollars respectively. Can you device a strategy that warranties money?   1 Answer
    • Bag with 4 marbles. Two red and two blue. Draw the balls one at a time, but before it comes out, try to predict the color. If correct, you get a dollar. If you play optimally, what is the expected value of the game?   1 Answer
    • You are playing a game and the probability of winning is 0.6. Would you rather play best of 3, or play until someone is ahead by 2 points?   1 Answer

Susquehanna International Group Response

Jan 17, 2018 – Head of Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback! In addition to our quants (who are busy solving incredibly complex data problems), we’ve enlisted the help of an additional Math Ph.D. so we can interview each candidate in... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

This is an internship program. The recruiter responded very quickly after I submitted my resume online. The initial round is a phone screen with HR and then a quantitative interview with a math lecturer in some university. This first round tech interview is standard, as others described. I figured out 7 problems in 35 minutes and then the interview with the head of the quant team. This round of interview consists of 3 problems which are more complex than the first round but not that tricky. Then I moved to the onsite.

One week before the onsite, they gave a data exercise to finish. The onsite day was intense. 6 rounds of 45min or 1hr interviews with limited breaks. Did not perform well in two important rounds and got the rejection after a week.

The general experience is pleasant. The whole quant team is actively seeking for talents and cares a lot about how one thinks about the problem. The team is in a pretty good atmosphere. The only issue is about the onsite schedule, for which I think 6 long interviews with limited breaks are too tight.

Interview Questions

• Binary/Trinomial tree option pricing, probability problems(poker game, dice game), estimation of exponentials and errors in the approximation formula.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in December 2017.

Interview

General personality and experience questions. These lasted about 15 minutes and were exactly what you would expect. Had five or six probability based questions after. Some were very easy but they became progressively more challenging.

Trading Interview

Interview

First round interview was on campus, followed by a second round interview over the phone and then final round at their headquarters in Philadelphia. It consisted of mostly math/probability questions.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in November 2017.

Interview

Had phone screen with HR rep who asked basic IT knowledge questions. Passed this and was asked to have phone screen with IT manager - spoke to him and was asked much more in depth experience based IT questions.

Interview Questions

• have you ever configured active directory users description and network sharing?   Answer Question
    • what do you do to keep current with the state of IT   Answer Question
    • what is your understanding of networking concepts like VLANS?   Answer Question