Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

i applied online. a week or 2 later, a recruiter from the company wanted to set up a phone interview.

the entire interview process was a mess. a different person called me when my interview was scheduled to start because the original interviewer had to attend an "important meeting"; that surely says a lot about time management on their end.

i could easily tell that the interviewer didn't want to be on the phone in the first place - the interviewer sounded stressed i.e. she was in a hurry to do something.

sloppy and unprofessional!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview for one hour. This was the first technical round . We first discussed about my experience in previous companies- the tools I used for code review, about Jira and such things. Next I was asked some questions on data structures , c++ , socket programming and multithreading. And finally I was asked to solve a programming problem. I had the interview today so I'm waiting for the results and if I get through I will have face to face rounds .

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Was e-mailed asking for a time that I could receive a relatively short phone interview. The interview consisted of basic personality questions, why I want to work at SIG, questions about my resume. There were no technical questions or anything extremely specific.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter submitted my profile to SIG. Got a call soon from a recruiter at SIG who went over general stuff. This was followed by a 1 hr phone interview with the team lead and the director of a quantitative development group. Many probing questions to gauge my level of comfort with C++. My profile is in scientific and high performance computing. So C++ is merely one of the many tools I know and use. Still somehow, got invited to the on-site interview. A 75 minute coding test where you can code in a language, IDE, OS of your choice. Ultimately it boiled down to a good data structure design problem. I did horribly as time just seemed to fly by. My work was then reviewed by 2 engineers (one very long term, 20+ years) of the 'network team'. We worked though the solution together. This wasn't as bad an experience as I literally stood there and learnt as we discussed pros and cons. Next came a couple of people from the 'trading application team' who were rather arrogant and asked me why am I (with my profile) interested in this job and if I am a 'good developer'. Well, I followed that up in a subtle way as to why I was invited there. The replied they invite people over for general roles. One interviewer was very robotic in his interrogation. It was past lunch now and no one offered me some time to eat lunch. In fact people there eat at their desks. I was hoping I would get to talk to at least someone from the quantitative side, but that didn't happen. I was told I was done for the day and given a tour and general HR orientation etc. I ran out of there as soon as I could. Personally, it was a waste of time for me but at least I got a Philly trip for my troubles!

Interview Questions

• Some performance metric I hadn't heard of. Some Python stuff just because I mentioned something Python in one of my answers.   Answer Question

Buy-Side Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. Mostly behavioral, asked a few brain-teasers. Know your statistics and probability answers, it was difficult to come with answers on the spot. No pen and paper was provided. However, the fit questions were fine, think culture, why SIG, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you have six marbles of equal weight except for one lighter, what is the lowest # of weighs you must do to find the lighter marble?   Answer Question
    • Four kids in a room of different height. What are the chances they will be in equal order?   Answer Question

Campus Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Three round interview process - First was a phone screening, then a phone interview with a couple of the team members, and finally they flew me out for an in-person interview with several of the team members. The onsite interview consisted of a company tour and then the interview rounds. I wished the third round of the interview was more personal rather than background based questions. It's possible that it didn't get to that place simply because I was nervous. Overall great process. They were very communicative and welcoming and fast about the whole process. SIG seems like a quality company with a great culture.

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Applied online; Had a first round that was a combination of behavioral and technical; Second round was just technical (Didn't make it past the second round, but I assume the next step was on site);

Interview process is fairly straight forward. They don't seem to expect finance knowledge, just your ability to solve brainteasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

The first interview was a standard HR interview that asked generic questions. 2nd Interview was with a technologist that asked questions related to the position you applied for. I found the HR interview quite easy. I stumbled through the technologist interview and never received an offer or in person interview request

Finance and Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in May 2017.

Interview

Had a 30-45 minute phone call going over standard behavioral questions along with fit for position with interests. Nothing out of the ordinary, no difficult questions, and went through resume and internships pretty thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• How did you use excel in school and can you explain one project you had to use excel for?   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manalapan, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Manalapan, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely Snotty attitude, as if as a SIG they're developing something better and more high-tech then Google or any other top software product company, while the interviewer guy holds a simple Bachelors degree in Computer Science from an ordinary (not even Ivy League)!

Absurdness of interviewing process set by HR is in not having higher educated Master's or Ph.D degree holder to interview higher educated candidate. Bachelor's degree holder is interviewing Master's Degree holder of the same field and more experience. If Bachelor's Degree holder is given an opportunity to hire senior guy, why would he bring additional competition for himself? This is absolutely not American exceptionalism! This can be clearly defined as no-value for higher education in company. No other country have such practices in place!

Even if candidate have worked on the same systems with better and bigger firms and he or she have value significant value addition for company but if it's not in interest of the interviewer then his/her resume goes in trash based on misuse of decision making authority of such manipulative interviewer.

Interview Questions

• A question asked were not part of job description. Array vs List differences, their big O notation and their insert update and delete time at beginning, middle and at end.

Following questions asked were totally irrelevant

1. How the update time at end can be changed?

2. What is faster in C++ and C? What I will select to design new system?

3. Difference between Mutex and Semaphore?

4. What is underneath data structure for Arrays and List? - Is SGI in business of writing and selling STL as a product? Why do an application developer need to know all these. As an application developer, one has to simply know memory and time complexities!

It's like is Civil Engineer is building bridge, asking him composition of brick and mortars! How does it matter? Civil engineer is not in business of making bricks and mortar, he simply care the compressive and tensile strength and settlement time of the mortar. Civil Engineer has nothing to do with mortar making.   1 Answer