Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Contacted by HR to have a 30 minute phone call. HR explained the entire interview process and what to expect which includes three rounds: HR Call, Technical Call, and On-site interview and tour. HR was very clear and open to questions. Entire process went extremely smooth and the entire staff was really kind.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

In-person interview on campus, qualitative phone screen (fit questions), technical phone screen (probability, options, finance questions), equity case studies, superday. Process was handled professionally and communication was solid. Unlike Jane Street, SIG spent some time evaluating fit on top of testing for skill.

Interview Questions

• Identical questions to Jane Street interview. Many probability questions related to bayes theorem and options pricing. Mental math.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews. A phone interview that was behavioral questions and light technical questions taken by (from what I gathered) a junior employee. A second phone interview that was similar but the technical questions were slightly more in depth (what is the search time complexity of a Hash table?: O(1)). The third was an onsite interview which they paid travel expenses for. This interview was broken up into 1 coding test, and 2 interview sessions with development leads.

Interview Questions

• From the onsite interview in the second session with the Leads: How would you handle processing multiple millions of trade requests if the number of servers wasn't a question? The one manager kept on following up my answers with, "Well what if that wasn't available?"   1 Answer
    • Coding Question A group of friends are tracking the miles per gallon for each of their cars. Each time one of them fills up their gas tank, they record the following in a file:
      His or her name
      The type of car they drove
      How many miles driven since they last filled up
      How many gallons purchased at this fill up
      Date of the fill
      Their data is formatted as a comma separate value (csv) file with the following format for each row:(#person,carName,milesDriven,gallonsFilled,fillupDate)
      Miles are recorded as floating-point numbers and gallons as integers.
      Please create a program that allows members of this group to determine the miles per gallon (MPG) of each of their cars during a specific time range. Note: person may have more than one so a time range query might need to output data for one or more cars. A skeleton class will be provided; your job will be to complete the program.
      The principal function for querying MPG is of the form (the exact name, data types, etc., can be learned by inspecting the "solution" class in the skeleton code):
      GetRangeMPG(PersonName, StartDate, EndDate)
      Returns list of objects containing (CarName, MPG)
      MPG is calculated as (total miles traveled during time period)/ (total gallons filled during time period.
      The dates you receive in the query should be treated inclusively.
      1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in January 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with recruiter, and the second round phone interview was technical. There were three probability and linear algebra questions. The probability questions were classical and weren't very hard, but the linear algebra question was hard to me. Didn't pass the interview.

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

First round over the phone pure behavioral. Why SIG? What do you do in your free time? Why did you choose your School? Typical questions in all guides. Phone conversation lasted 30 min with HR. Got second round.

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school's job search website and was contacted to schedule an interview. First interview was behavioral, followed by a technical interview a few days later asking questions about the market and general brainteaser/probability questions.

Buy-side Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tredyffrin, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Tredyffrin, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview a couple weeks after applying. Interview was completely behavioral event interview (BEI) questions, nothing technical. Interviewer was very dry and un-engaging. The company seems like a very nice place to work, but having unpleasant people on the frontline recruiting people is a serious flaw and might be reflective of poor management.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two parts to the SIG interview. First, the phone interview, and if you get selected, you get to go for the onsite interview. The phone interview part was not so bad. They asked me questions about the company and some questions regarding my resume. I got the on-site interview scheduled for later this month.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about SIG?
      Q: Why did you choose SIG?
      Q: How many other companies did you apply to?
      Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

two ladies interviewed me asking me to describe things on my resume, why I chose my school and major. It was over the phone and very relaxed but they were definitely looking for specifics on how to apply SQL, c++, java...

Interview Questions

• you have 8 marbles, 1 weighs less than the others but you cannot tell which one is lighter by touching them. they give you a balance and you only have 2 chances to measure all 8 to find out which one is the lighter one. How would you do it?   2 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, and get a phone interview, asked about joint probability, delta hedging, random number generator and so on, didn't do well in the last problem, didn't meet any problem posted here, -_-

Interview Questions

• joint probability, delta hedging, random number generator and so on   Answer Question