Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2018

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Applied on website. Asked to schedule initial phone interview, which concerned resume, fit-based questions, and interest in markets. Second phone interview was more technical with probability questions and market knowledge. They called me later than the scheduled time for the second phone interview and then proceeded to reschedule because interviewer was "busy in a meeting". Very disrespectful in my opinion. Third round was a case study - much more brief than I expected. Final round was onsite interview. Several 2 on 1 interviews and then a group brain-teaser session at the end. Many of the employees were sarcastic and condescending - surprising considering that they were transparent about the fact that they are paid less than employees at the bulge bracket banks. Very socially awkward group of people. Please take this review with a grain of salt, as these are my hindsight observations after not receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked not to tell. Just review your basic probability concepts and have basic knowledge of options pricing. Very easy math if you are competent.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone call with partner, was mostly just asking about my background and experiences. The role would not be accompanied by much training, so they wanted to be sure I could hit the ground running at full speed.

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through university's website. Got a call in 2 weeks. First round was a phone interview and was mostly technical and behavioral stuff.

Interview Questions

• As a network engineer, why do you want to work in financial industry?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied online on SIG website and later contacted the recruiter through LinkedIn. Got a call the very next day for emailing her. 1st round was basic technical and behavioral. Technical questions included VTP,VLAN, OSI Model basics. Recruiter contacted within 1 week for the next round. She was kind enough to offer me time as I was busy. The next round was purely technical, on phone, taken by 2 members of networking team. Questions included cabling, routing and switching(a little indepth). Recruiter again contacted me in 10 days for the final round of interview at their onsite location in Bala Cynwyd. She got me train tickets in business class. Hotel was not required as I was travelling from DC. They even provide reimbursement for other travel expenses. On the onsite interview date, met with the recruiter and she gave a warm welcome. The first round was with the networking team engineers. They asked questions related to L3 switches, STP, subnetting and redundancies. Read about CCNP switching in depth to answer their questions. Next round was with 2 IT managers. They asked me to design a network and again talked about redundancies. I did not have have knowledge of L3 switches and redundancies in depth. So my interview rounds went bad. The third round was supposed to be with the IT director but was later then cancelled. After the interview the recruiter gave me a tour of their office and called an uber for my way back. Got an email with a rejection within 4 days, which I was already expecting. Overall good company and tough interviews. They expect the CCNP R&S knowledge which is too much to ask for an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two telephonic rounds and then on site interview at Philadelphia, PA.
    First - an HR who asked basic questions such as why SIG, why this role, interests, resume, etc. and a couple of easy technical questions. After a week, was contacted by HR for a second telephonic round with two SIG technologists. They asked all sorts of networking related questions and questions about past experiences. After a week, was invited on site
    On site interview was a three hour interview - with total 6 people. Design a network and speak about redundancy.

Interview Questions

• Design a network diagram and show how you will make it redundant ?
      CCNA level questions.   Answer Question

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in April 2017.

Interview

The first step is the personality check phone interview as well as a review of your qualifications, followed by the technical interview via phone and then an in person technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like why SIG? what do you expect of the job? etc from the first step.   Answer Question

Junior Security Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview (HR + basic technical)

Interview Questions

• All basic HR questions
      -Tell me about yourself?
      -What do you know about SIG?

Very Basic Technical Question
      -Difference between TCP and UDP
      -What is ARP
      -TCP three way handshake   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, got an email within a week regarding the phone interview. It was very easy HR questions. I thought I did very well but within 2 days got a reject email.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Hard interviews. First of all, SIG is not a big company in Software Development and I would not recommend applying to it.

People at SIG think that they are one of the best software engineers in the market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of a basic behavior interview and a culture interview. I was asked various questions on why I want to join SIG ? how I heard about SIG? What technical activities I do in the free time . basic stuff , just to know how excited are you about the role.

Second round - Codility test , single question, bit tough to do in 60 minutes, but the related solution to it is already on stack overflow !!! (hope they notice it and change the question for future candidates)

Third round - On site at PA. first round coding exercise , was surprised to see machine they gave me to complete the test, PC was very outdated , old version of eclipse with IE 7, anyway I partially completed the exercise and wasn't happy with the start as I was struggling with the environment.

Second on site round was with 2 developers who asked about what I did and why I couldn't do it, but overall had a good chat. Both developers were from C++ background and I was trying to explain the whole piece of code in Java. Third round was on design patterns , Both developers were very understanding and knew what kind of work and technologies I have worked upon in past.

on site interview lasted about 3-4 hours, in the end was given tour of their HQ.