Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.2

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2017.

Interview

One basic technical screen call followed by a harder technical screen phone call. On site if you make it through that. Fairly quantitative questions, some of which were calculation intensive.

Corporate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2017.

Interview

Round one phone interview with mostly behavioral questions. Asked about things on resume, asked about background, asked about why SIG. One probability question at the end that was pretty difficult.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through university and a friend referral. Was contacted by a recruiter regarding the interview process. Phone interview was very standard as far as typical career interests as well as some math and probability questions.

Interview Questions

• Probability and math questions similar to those posted on here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens (one behavioral, one technical) followed by an onsite super day.

Onsite was a 45-minute coding exercise, two difficult technical interviews, lunch, a desk rotation with one of the developers, and a "tour" that lasted about five minutes. Everyone was friendly enough but I could tell as soon as I walked in the place that it wasn't a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of data structures questions. Design for a distributed trading system. Talk about previous projects   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a recruiter that mostly talked about my past experiences and why I am interested in SIG. The recruiter also asks if you are familiar with a bunch of CS topics, and I think this would affect the questions you are asked in the next step.

Second step was a technical phone interview with an engineer. Most of it was general technical problems about things listed on your resume. I have an EE background, so most of my questions were about low level programming such as caching, memory, etc. The only programming problem asked was how to implement fibonnaci.

I did not get past the 2nd step. I believe the 3rd step would have been the final onsite interview. I thought I did well on the interview, but I guess not. Sadly, they do not give feedback.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Applied via campus job website. Received an email around a week later asking me to film a video answering a behavorial question and set up an interview for the week after. Interviewer promptly called me and went into standard questions involving ability to work in the US, ability to work in the Philly are aover the summer and transitioned into resume questions. She ended the interview with a brainteaser probability question.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2017.

Interview

Just the basic first round HR screening. If you passed that, you'd speak with the manager for your department & the last round would be an on site interview. I got an email a few days after with a rejection. I am not sure what exactly this company expects an intern to have... I already had a year of experience in the field & answered every question clearly, with examples & connecting them to SIG's culture. It seems nowadays companies expect INTERNS to have 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions asking about my previous work experience & what I've learned in school so far.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Providence, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

Got interview through on-campus recruitment. Was around a 30 minute interview. Interviewer was extremely nice and easy to talk to. Interviewer made the interview environment calming and so didn't feel nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• Simple probability questions. (e.g. Bayes, Torpedo question, etc.)   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a recruiter. There were no technical questions just basic questions based on my resume. After that there was a followup phone call with a technical interview. Basic questions, no coding. I did not receive a call back after that.

Interview Questions

• What are the four principles of object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Was contacted by an in-house recruiter through linked-in.

Scheduled a call to discuss the company and the roles within the company.
    Scheduled another call with another in-house recruiter to discuss more details about the role, my experiences and expectations.
    Another call was setup with a software team lead, we discussed the company and related tech that I have worked on. Used the discussion and a guideline for getting into the specific technical questions to gauge each other's deeper understanding.
    Had an on site interview scheduled for a week later.
    On site interview was going to the office and given a workstation and a one-hour programming problem. I thought the problem/solution was a good one to get into a discussion on programming ideology, methodology and style.
    Met with three different groups about one hour each meeting.
    1st group - discussed the problem and the solution, talked/whiteboard through some alternative approaches and their pros/cons
    2nd group - high level architecture/design discussion/whiteboarding of a previous project I worked on.
    3rd group - discussed software development lifecycles and processes.

After which, got a nice tour of the office and the amenities.