Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

3.2

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was a trader. She was very nice to me, and did her best to make me feel welcome. I got the interview through my school's career services, so it was an on-campus interview.

The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, and I was given a pad of paper and a pen to figure out my answers to the questions. There were a couple fit questions about the sort of things I'm interested in, and then we jumped into Probability questions. I thought they were pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Promised not to share the specific questions, but they were all Bayes' Rule. Think, "A% Chance of event happening one day, B% Chance of event happening the next, what's the probability it happened both days". That sort of thing.   1 Answer

Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two technical phone interviews before an onsite interview. However I was in a rush to meet a deadline with another company so they might have shortened the interview process. Onsite interview consisted of an hour or so long technical interview, a group activity, and shadowing traders. Overall the interview was shorter than expected and wasn't that hard.

Interview Questions

• I was asked not to discuss the specific questions, but I will say some involved probability.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in October 2016.

Interview

First round phone screening. HR went through the resume and asked several behavior questions, like why do you want to work in fiance, how do you hear about SIG, so on. At the end of phone interview the HR said she would ask a technician to get in touch with me, but I got a rejection email a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was one phone interview, focused on my experience and previous work. After that, there was a software interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Both interviewers were extremely nice, and the interviews were very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C and Java in terms of compiling?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

Conducted 2 phone interviews before being invited to a super day in their office. General fit questions and one statistics problem. Wanted to gauge why I was interested in the position and my general background information.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at SIG in their Philadelphia Headquarters. The process took about 3 weeks. A recruiter reached out to me from SIG about filing a position on the recruiting team, so I was not actively looking for a position at the time. We had a phone screen a week later, which went well, because she set me up for a second phone screen the next day. That also went well, and I told the interviewer I would be on vacation for a week and a half. They scheduled my in-person interview for immediately after I was back from vacation, which was fast, but I didn't mind.

The day of the interview, one person toured me around the entire office space, which I thought was nice, and then we sat down to chat for about 15 minutes after that. I felt the interaction went well. After that I met with two people who were heads of their recruiting departments. This part of the interview was very rapid fire. I wasn't asked much about my previous experience or anything about me personally, except for why I left my previous positions. These interviewers did nothing to make me feel welcome, and at the end of their time, didn't even give me a chance to ask them any questions before they left the room, which is extremely atypical in my experience. My subsequent two interviews went well; the interviewer were engaged in getting to know me as a person, as well as asking behavioral questions, which I appreciate. They both gave me a chance to ask them some questions, and then they left. At the end, two coordinators from the Recruiting team came in to give me a "tour" of the office, which I had already received. They seemed very uninterested in this, and the interactions were limited.

I sent notes to thank my interviewers after the interview, to which I received no response. Then I was contacted two weeks after my interview and told they weren't moving forward. I asked for feedback and received none.

My interactions with most people I met with were pleasant, but the couple of negative interactions I had really soured me on SIG. They definitely should work on their candidate experience, especially for a candidate that they have pursued.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult hiring manager   1 Answer

Susquehanna International Group Response

Sep 30, 2016 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us at SIG and share your feedback. We’re sorry that parts of your interview process were disappointing. We’ll be using this feedback to help ensure... More

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in September 2016.

Interview

1st round HR, 2nd round HR with technical questions, all prob questions, 3rd round technical interview + data exercise. More technical and covers programming, linear algebra, etc.

Interview Questions

• I spent a week on data exercise which was given about 7 days before the 3rd round. They did not review it (not even mentioned during the interview). They don't show enough respect.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in September 2016.

Interview

The first round was behavioral with questions related to the projects on your resume. Questions like Why SIG and why the position you are applying for. The second round is technical touching up on questions based on memory management in Java.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on few basic data structures, their complexity for insertion , deletion etc   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews both with 1-2 brainteasers/probability questions but mostly behavioral. Then invited to SIGma day which is their version of super day and had 6 different mini interviews, a case study, and main final interview. In the final interview you discussed the case study you had 30 minutes to prepare using Excel on a computer they provide for you. The 6 mini interviews were rotations to different floors and departments talking to different people on each. Then that night we had a dinner with other finalists, the recruiter, and some analysts.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 Phone interviews, 1 in person interview with case study and super day. They asked me fit questions and generic things like "why Sig?", walked through my resume and asked me what I did the past summer.