Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Nov 3, 2017

3.4

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Sig asked some outside contractor to interview me. Unusual. The interviewing process was awkward and uncomfortable. The guy is like a CD player with strong accent. Literally I spent 5-10 minutes trying to understand the problem. I was interviewing with >10 tech companies and didn't see this. I felt that he was not prepared and in between questions he actually paused and looked for next question. Once he found one, he start to read out the question fast then silent.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Was contacted by an in-house recruiter through linked-in.

Scheduled a call to discuss the company and the roles within the company.
    Scheduled another call with another in-house recruiter to discuss more details about the role, my experiences and expectations.
    Another call was setup with a software team lead, we discussed the company and related tech that I have worked on. Used the discussion and a guideline for getting into the specific technical questions to gauge each other's deeper understanding.
    Had an on site interview scheduled for a week later.
    On site interview was going to the office and given a workstation and a one-hour programming problem. I thought the problem/solution was a good one to get into a discussion on programming ideology, methodology and style.
    Met with three different groups about one hour each meeting.
    1st group - discussed the problem and the solution, talked/whiteboard through some alternative approaches and their pros/cons
    2nd group - high level architecture/design discussion/whiteboarding of a previous project I worked on.
    3rd group - discussed software development lifecycles and processes.

After which, got a nice tour of the office and the amenities.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my University's Career Service website. I was emailed about a phone interview a week later. I got a different interviewer than I was originally told.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got interview from a networking connection. Got an email from someone in HR to schedule an interview. The interview was over the phone with 2 people in HR. They started off asking me basic behavioral questions and background questions. Ended with 2 probability questions that were not difficult, but I was pretty nervous and messed up the 2nd question. They stopped the interview after the 2nd question (most likely because I didn't get that question right, and I've read you have to get most, if not all, of their questions right to move on)

Interview Questions

• You have two torpedoes to hit a boat. Each torpedo has a 2/3 chance of hitting the boat. If you launch both torpedoes, what is the probability of the boat being hit.   1 Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Basic behavioral questions and then some probability questions. Recruiter seemed like she had a bad attitude and didn't like her job. However, she knew probability well which was a bit surprising.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interview. First interview consist of basic questions to get to know you. Second interview was technical in which questions were asked about your technical backgrounds and your knowledge. Third interview is in person.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on your background and your qualifications.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Did a first round phone interview. The process took about two weeks, I applied and they emailed me to see my availability. Phone interview took about 30 minutes with mostly behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen followed by another phone screen then they brought me to the office.

My biggest impression I got was that they didn't know what they wanted and they were unprofessional.

They brought us into a dim top level office where we had to code on very slow computers. We had 45 minutes. Nothing was setup and I spent 20 minutes fiddling with the IDE.

After that were 3 rounds of "interviews" each with two people. The first was super unprofessional and kept eating his nails in front of me. The rest were just "explain this on your resume". It was stupid, and then maybe one guy would ask some trivia about the language you did. It wasn't structured.

Watch out for the telltale signs that you'll be overworked.
    -------------------
    Catered lunch : You're not allowed to leave your desk for lunch and will be eating it there.
    In house gym: Cannot use during your lunch break
    Dim lighting with crowded facilities.
    No privacy.
    No laptops

Interview Questions

• Given as list of movies in a csv file, extract the movie name and genre and be able to return a query based on the years.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was simply over the phone, HR style, and they said if they wanted to contact me for further information it would be via email, for a more technical interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews. A phone interview that was behavioral questions and light technical questions taken by (from what I gathered) a junior employee. A second phone interview that was similar but the technical questions were slightly more in depth (what is the search time complexity of a Hash table?: O(1)). The third was an onsite interview which they paid travel expenses for. This interview was broken up into 1 coding test, and 2 interview sessions with development leads.

Interview Questions

• From the onsite interview in the second session with the Leads: How would you handle processing multiple millions of trade requests if the number of servers wasn't a question? The one manager kept on following up my answers with, "Well what if that wasn't available?"   1 Answer
    • Coding Question A group of friends are tracking the miles per gallon for each of their cars. Each time one of them fills up their gas tank, they record the following in a file:
      His or her name
      The type of car they drove
      How many miles driven since they last filled up
      How many gallons purchased at this fill up
      Date of the fill
      Their data is formatted as a comma separate value (csv) file with the following format for each row:(#person,carName,milesDriven,gallonsFilled,fillupDate)
      Miles are recorded as floating-point numbers and gallons as integers.
      Please create a program that allows members of this group to determine the miles per gallon (MPG) of each of their cars during a specific time range. Note: person may have more than one so a time range query might need to output data for one or more cars. A skeleton class will be provided; your job will be to complete the program.
      The principal function for querying MPG is of the form (the exact name, data types, etc., can be learned by inspecting the "solution" class in the skeleton code):
      GetRangeMPG(PersonName, StartDate, EndDate)
      Returns list of objects containing (CarName, MPG)
      MPG is calculated as (total miles traveled during time period)/ (total gallons filled during time period.
      The dates you receive in the query should be treated inclusively.   1 Answer