Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Nov 3, 2017

3.4

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Sig asked some outside contractor to interview me. Unusual. The interviewing process was awkward and uncomfortable. The guy is like a CD player with strong accent. Literally I spent 5-10 minutes trying to understand the problem. I was interviewing with >10 tech companies and didn't see this. I felt that he was not prepared and in between questions he actually paused and looked for next question. Once he found one, he start to read out the question fast then silent.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens (one behavioral, one technical) followed by an onsite super day.

Onsite was a 45-minute coding exercise, two difficult technical interviews, lunch, a desk rotation with one of the developers, and a "tour" that lasted about five minutes. Everyone was friendly enough but I could tell as soon as I walked in the place that it wasn't a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Lots of data structures questions. Design for a distributed trading system. Talk about previous projects   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Was contacted by an in-house recruiter through linked-in.

Scheduled a call to discuss the company and the roles within the company.
    Scheduled another call with another in-house recruiter to discuss more details about the role, my experiences and expectations.
    Another call was setup with a software team lead, we discussed the company and related tech that I have worked on. Used the discussion and a guideline for getting into the specific technical questions to gauge each other's deeper understanding.
    Had an on site interview scheduled for a week later.
    On site interview was going to the office and given a workstation and a one-hour programming problem. I thought the problem/solution was a good one to get into a discussion on programming ideology, methodology and style.
    Met with three different groups about one hour each meeting.
    1st group - discussed the problem and the solution, talked/whiteboard through some alternative approaches and their pros/cons
    2nd group - high level architecture/design discussion/whiteboarding of a previous project I worked on.
    3rd group - discussed software development lifecycles and processes.

After which, got a nice tour of the office and the amenities.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my University's Career Service website. I was emailed about a phone interview a week later. I got a different interviewer than I was originally told.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Three stages. General HR phone screen, technical phone interview, 5 hr in-person interview with multiple interviewers and a technical assignment. Interviewers were generally nice and personable. Three pairs of interviewers, each approximately an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Technical assignment included a problem in which you read data from a csv file, then used the data to calculate gas mileage with various filters (owner, time window, etc).   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got interview from a networking connection. Got an email from someone in HR to schedule an interview. The interview was over the phone with 2 people in HR. They started off asking me basic behavioral questions and background questions. Ended with 2 probability questions that were not difficult, but I was pretty nervous and messed up the 2nd question. They stopped the interview after the 2nd question (most likely because I didn't get that question right, and I've read you have to get most, if not all, of their questions right to move on)

Interview Questions

• You have two torpedoes to hit a boat. Each torpedo has a 2/3 chance of hitting the boat. If you launch both torpedoes, what is the probability of the boat being hit.   1 Answer

Assistant Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Basic behavioral questions and then some probability questions. Recruiter seemed like she had a bad attitude and didn't like her job. However, she knew probability well which was a bit surprising.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter submitted my profile to SIG. Got a call soon from a recruiter at SIG who went over general stuff. This was followed by a 1 hr phone interview with the team lead and the director of a quantitative development group. Many probing questions to gauge my level of comfort with C++. My profile is in scientific and high performance computing. So C++ is merely one of the many tools I know and use. Still somehow, got invited to the on-site interview. A 75 minute coding test where you can code in a language, IDE, OS of your choice. Ultimately it boiled down to a good data structure design problem. I did horribly as time just seemed to fly by. My work was then reviewed by 2 engineers (one very long term, 20+ years) of the 'network team'. We worked though the solution together. This wasn't as bad an experience as I literally stood there and learnt as we discussed pros and cons. Next came a couple of people from the 'trading application team' who were rather arrogant and asked me why am I (with my profile) interested in this job and if I am a 'good developer'. Well, I followed that up in a subtle way as to why I was invited there. The replied they invite people over for general roles. One interviewer was very robotic in his interrogation. It was past lunch now and no one offered me some time to eat lunch. In fact people there eat at their desks. I was hoping I would get to talk to at least someone from the quantitative side, but that didn't happen. I was told I was done for the day and given a tour and general HR orientation etc. I ran out of there as soon as I could. Personally, it was a waste of time for me but at least I got a Philly trip for my troubles!

Interview Questions

• Some performance metric I hadn't heard of. Some Python stuff just because I mentioned something Python in one of my answers.   Answer Question

Buy-Side Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. Mostly behavioral, asked a few brain-teasers. Know your statistics and probability answers, it was difficult to come with answers on the spot. No pen and paper was provided. However, the fit questions were fine, think culture, why SIG, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you have six marbles of equal weight except for one lighter, what is the lowest # of weighs you must do to find the lighter marble?   1 Answer
    • Four kids in a room of different height. What are the chances they will be in equal order?   1 Answer

Campus Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Three round interview process - First was a phone screening, then a phone interview with a couple of the team members, and finally they flew me out for an in-person interview with several of the team members. The onsite interview consisted of a company tour and then the interview rounds. I wished the third round of the interview was more personal rather than background based questions. It's possible that it didn't get to that place simply because I was nervous. Overall great process. They were very communicative and welcoming and fast about the whole process. SIG seems like a quality company with a great culture.