Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.4

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

In-person interview on campus, qualitative phone screen (fit questions), technical phone screen (probability, options, finance questions), equity case studies, superday. Process was handled professionally and communication was solid. Unlike Jane Street, SIG spent some time evaluating fit on top of testing for skill.

Interview Questions

• Identical questions to Jane Street interview. Many probability questions related to bayes theorem and options pricing. Mental math.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 3 total interviews. A phone interview that was behavioral questions and light technical questions taken by (from what I gathered) a junior employee. A second phone interview that was similar but the technical questions were slightly more in depth (what is the search time complexity of a Hash table?: O(1)). The third was an onsite interview which they paid travel expenses for. This interview was broken up into 1 coding test, and 2 interview sessions with development leads.

Interview Questions

• From the onsite interview in the second session with the Leads: How would you handle processing multiple millions of trade requests if the number of servers wasn't a question? The one manager kept on following up my answers with, "Well what if that wasn't available?"   1 Answer
    • Coding Question A group of friends are tracking the miles per gallon for each of their cars. Each time one of them fills up their gas tank, they record the following in a file:
      His or her name
      The type of car they drove
      How many miles driven since they last filled up
      How many gallons purchased at this fill up
      Date of the fill
      Their data is formatted as a comma separate value (csv) file with the following format for each row:(#person,carName,milesDriven,gallonsFilled,fillupDate)
      Miles are recorded as floating-point numbers and gallons as integers.
      Please create a program that allows members of this group to determine the miles per gallon (MPG) of each of their cars during a specific time range. Note: person may have more than one so a time range query might need to output data for one or more cars. A skeleton class will be provided; your job will be to complete the program.
      The principal function for querying MPG is of the form (the exact name, data types, etc., can be learned by inspecting the "solution" class in the skeleton code):
      GetRangeMPG(PersonName, StartDate, EndDate)
      Returns list of objects containing (CarName, MPG)
      MPG is calculated as (total miles traveled during time period)/ (total gallons filled during time period.
      The dates you receive in the query should be treated inclusively.
      1 Answer

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school's job search website and was contacted to schedule an interview. First interview was behavioral, followed by a technical interview a few days later asking questions about the market and general brainteaser/probability questions.

Buy-side Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tredyffrin, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Tredyffrin, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview a couple weeks after applying. Interview was completely behavioral event interview (BEI) questions, nothing technical. Interviewer was very dry and un-engaging. The company seems like a very nice place to work, but having unpleasant people on the frontline recruiting people is a serious flaw and might be reflective of poor management.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

There are two parts to the SIG interview. First, the phone interview, and if you get selected, you get to go for the onsite interview. The phone interview part was not so bad. They asked me questions about the company and some questions regarding my resume. I got the on-site interview scheduled for later this month.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about SIG?
      Q: Why did you choose SIG?
      Q: How many other companies did you apply to?
      Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

two ladies interviewed me asking me to describe things on my resume, why I chose my school and major. It was over the phone and very relaxed but they were definitely looking for specifics on how to apply SQL, c++, java...

Interview Questions

• you have 8 marbles, 1 weighs less than the others but you cannot tell which one is lighter by touching them. they give you a balance and you only have 2 chances to measure all 8 to find out which one is the lighter one. How would you do it?   2 Answers

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Few days after applying I received an email asking for a phone interview to discuss my resume and qualifications. The next day I received an email asking for a technical phone interview (which did not involve writing code online). Two days later I was invited to a super day on-site, which consisted of: a 45 min project done alone, followed by a 45 min technical interview discussing the project, then a 45 min interview with other engineers about my background, then lunch with the hiring manager discussing the intern program, followed by a tour. Later that night everyone was invited to a dinner at a nice restaurant. In general the day was fun and a pleasant experience. None of the questions were even remotely difficult and the engineers and staff were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: how would you reverse a string. On-site: project that involved reading an input file and searching for information   Answer Question

Assistant Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of phone screens followed by an on-site in Philly

Phone screens were 3 questions a piece, on-site there was a group problem solving session and time spent with traders. Everyone is super friendly and the questions are rather easy so don't be too worried. They also will help you and I stumbled a little but still moved on as long as you get the concepts of the questions and the way to solve it, your actual algebra isn't the most important thing

Interview Questions

• Fit questions, resume questions, bayes (a lot of bayes), probability questions, recurrence relations questions etc. Was asked not to say but mostly everything was similar to stuff already on Glassdoor   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Gave resume to SIG representative at campus career fair. Had an initial phone interview for SWE role, but I indicated I was more interested in trading. Got a second phone interview for trading a week later, which included some behavioral questions and 3 math problems - invited to an onsite interview about 2 weeks later. Ran through two desk rotations, a fun "group interview," and an individual interview with behaviorals and about 6 math questions.

Interview Questions

• Probability, expected value, arbitrage portfolios, odds, optimal betting strategy in games, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

First Round was pretty much just HR and background information chat on campus
    Second was a technical phone interview. Pretty straightforward
    Third was SIGma day on site interview which was a sum of a coding test and 3 back to back interviews. These interviews were white board programming style with followup questions

Interview Questions

• Check if a string is a permutation of a palindrome without using any other data structure   Answer Question