Susquehanna International Group (SIG) Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group (SIG) Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Susquehanna International Group (SIG)

3.1

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

Multiple rounds, tech interview was on-site and pretty tough. Coding challenge, then an optimization meeting with developers. They asked about data structures, big-O analysis, and software design principles. It was pretty non-stop for a few hours and the interview day included a sit down with an existing developer in a field of interest

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group (SIG)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2019.

Interview

60 min phone call with technical lead, asking questions about the my work experience, current project and then technical questions such as difference between java and python, difference btw array and linked list and which one of these is more memory efficient way of storing data. When will you use a interface over a abstract class or vice-versa.In last 20 mins he asked a algorithm question related to string matching which I solved through 256 ASCII character array leading to constant space complexity.

I was invited for the onsite interview.

First Round: Exercise and coding round. The movies database record where store information as #id,title,year,list<genre>.You need to optimize the code to find all the movies of a genre released between startYear and endYear inclusive. Space and Time Complexity discussion.(Why do you use a hashmap function and how does it affect the time complexity)

Second Round: Architectural Design and current project discussion.
    a.Explained the design of the current project working on and follow up questions related to optimization, services being used.
    b.A customer walks into the store and want a buy products in the grocery store and the attendant return the receipt.
     Design and implement the architecture of this Inventory Managment system.

Third Round : Lunch

Fourth Round: 1. How does your daily day look like at your work (time spent doing development and support work)?
    2.Have you broken any piece of code which was working earlier and deployed to production. How did you resolve and what did you learn from it?
    3.What is the exciting work/technology you want to pursue in the future.?

Fifth Round: Recruiter
    1.If given options, which team would you like to go ahead with forward - A,B,C?
    2.Do you have any job offer or job interview pending right now?
    3.What kind of relocation benefits you will need?

They gave a tour of the entire facility where traders sit like elbow to elbow,plus there is a fitness center or gym which offers yoga classes as well.

Interview Questions

• Movie Database query related to finding unique movies in a list based on genre, and range of the year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

First stage- recruiter reaches out for introductory phone call. Asks why SIG, what you're looking for in next role, what are you currently doing. Asked about salary expectation but did not press for numbers.

2nd stage- A software developer calls, and asks pretty basic questions about fundamentals (data structures, algorithms), typed vs non-typed languages. Asked for a description of a recent project. Asked for a verbal description of an algorithm to solve a problem involving strings and hashtable. Covers SQL and basic relational database knowledge.

Last 5 minutes interviewer described what working at SIG as an sde is like, some examples of projects they're working on.

Have not heard back since then, was able to answer most questions well but maybe did not come off as a very strong candidate when describing my current work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2018.

Interview

3 rounds of interview starting with HR followed by 1 hour technical interview and later in person interview . The HR round will be on your background and next steps of interview process.
    In technical round they asked mostly on garbage collection concepts, array vs list and some behavioral questions. Be prepared to answer in terms of C# or C++. I am from java background and they didn't understand much when i answered about System.gc method. Also, seems like C# and C++ have their own list implementation.
    Next the interviewer stressed more on registers like how array and linked lists are stored inside memory and how will it retrieve value by memory locations, which is more efficient

Interview Questions

• arrays vs list how are they stored in memory, garbage collection in c++   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen. They asked general HR questions, went through my resume, and asked some questions about my projects. Supposedly the first of two phone interviews followed by a face to face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

had a phone screen with HR then a technical phone interview with 2 team lead/managers . and final round on site which had a coding challenge followed by 3 round of interviews with 2 people in each round consisting of managers

Interview Questions

• 1. What are the benefits principles of object oriented programming?
      1. How do you achieve encapsulation?
      2. All types of access modifiers?
      1. Difference between array and list?
      2. Difference between MVP and MVC?
      1.1. Data type limitation on indexing?
      2. Architecture point of view when do you use abstract and when do you use interface?
      1. Advantages of OOP?
      2. How does OOP enable code reuse at design time?

1. Difference between interface and abstract?
          How to do indexing?

coding interview challege

1. Given as list of movies in a csv file, extract the movie name and genre and be able to return a query based on the years and the genere   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Was contacted by an in-house recruiter through linked-in.

Scheduled a call to discuss the company and the roles within the company.
    Scheduled another call with another in-house recruiter to discuss more details about the role, my experiences and expectations.
    Another call was setup with a software team lead, we discussed the company and related tech that I have worked on. Used the discussion and a guideline for getting into the specific technical questions to gauge each other's deeper understanding.
    Had an on site interview scheduled for a week later.
    On site interview was going to the office and given a workstation and a one-hour programming problem. I thought the problem/solution was a good one to get into a discussion on programming ideology, methodology and style.
    Met with three different groups about one hour each meeting.
    1st group - discussed the problem and the solution, talked/whiteboard through some alternative approaches and their pros/cons
    2nd group - high level architecture/design discussion/whiteboarding of a previous project I worked on.
    3rd group - discussed software development lifecycles and processes.

After which, got a nice tour of the office and the amenities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website. The process took 3 weeks and after that i received an email to schedule a 30 phone screen which was basically about the resume and related expereince. The recruiter was straight-forward and asked questions such as Tell me about yourself, Why SIG, Challenging project you did, some question from the resume.

Interview Questions

• If you receive offers from other companies, then which one would you select.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview for one hour. This was the first technical round . We first discussed about my experience in previous companies- the tools I used for code review, about Jira and such things. Next I was asked some questions on data structures , c++ , socket programming and multithreading. And finally I was asked to solve a programming problem. I had the interview today so I'm waiting for the results and if I get through I will have face to face rounds .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (SIG) (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter submitted my profile to SIG. Got a call soon from a recruiter at SIG who went over general stuff. This was followed by a 1 hr phone interview with the team lead and the director of a quantitative development group. Many probing questions to gauge my level of comfort with C++. My profile is in scientific and high performance computing. So C++ is merely one of the many tools I know and use. Still somehow, got invited to the on-site interview. A 75 minute coding test where you can code in a language, IDE, OS of your choice. Ultimately it boiled down to a good data structure design problem. I did horribly as time just seemed to fly by. My work was then reviewed by 2 engineers (one very long term, 20+ years) of the 'network team'. We worked though the solution together. This wasn't as bad an experience as I literally stood there and learnt as we discussed pros and cons. Next came a couple of people from the 'trading application team' who were rather arrogant and asked me why am I (with my profile) interested in this job and if I am a 'good developer'. Well, I followed that up in a subtle way as to why I was invited there. The replied they invite people over for general roles. One interviewer was very robotic in his interrogation. It was past lunch now and no one offered me some time to eat lunch. In fact people there eat at their desks. I was hoping I would get to talk to at least someone from the quantitative side, but that didn't happen. I was told I was done for the day and given a tour and general HR orientation etc. I ran out of there as soon as I could. Personally, it was a waste of time for me but at least I got a Philly trip for my troubles!

Interview Questions

• Some performance metric I hadn't heard of. Some Python stuff just because I mentioned something Python in one of my answers.   Answer Question