Susquehanna International Group Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Susquehanna International Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

3.3

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group.

Interview

The first interview was a standard HR interview that asked generic questions. 2nd Interview was with a technologist that asked questions related to the position you applied for. I found the HR interview quite easy. I stumbled through the technologist interview and never received an offer or in person interview request

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First Round was pretty much just HR and background information chat on campus
    Second was a technical phone interview. Pretty straightforward
    Third was SIGma day on site interview which was a sum of a coding test and 3 back to back interviews. These interviews were white board programming style with followup questions

Interview Questions

• Check if a string is a permutation of a palindrome without using any other data structure   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was one phone interview, focused on my experience and previous work. After that, there was a software interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Both interviewers were extremely nice, and the interviews were very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C and Java in terms of compiling?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in September 2016.

Interview

The first round was behavioral with questions related to the projects on your resume. Questions like Why SIG and why the position you are applying for. The second round is technical touching up on questions based on memory management in Java.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on few basic data structures, their complexity for insertion , deletion etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a 30-min HR phone interview. The interviewer was late for 10 minutes and she basically read through all the questions on her list and there was no interaction or response after I answered her questions. Then I got rejected in a week. I don't quite understand if I am not fit for the position why interviewing me the first place. Don't waste your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Overall, this is a very pleasant interview experience. But definitely disappointed, since I didn't get the offer.

- HR phone screen
    - Hiring manager technical phone screen
    - Skype call with two groups
    - Full day in person interview with eight persons, four rounds interview. HQ tour to wrap up the day afterwards. Very nice office.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Stack Overflow's career website. They responded quickly (a single day) and the discussion was about when to schedule a phone screen with their HR recruiter. I gave them the times that I would be free to answer the telephone for some quick questions regarding my resume and background.

I received the HR call right on time, not even a minute late (very impressed). The lady on the phone wanted to go over some questions she had regarding my resume and a few behavioral questions. After that, she said she would send the information to the person in charge of the technical review and I should received some feedback in a few days.

I'm waiting on that. I will update this interview if I get any new information.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in the US? Why are you leaving your current employer? What was the most challenging project you worked on? Nothing really out of the normal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

It is a Phone interview, asking about some basic non tech question. It will be some other tech interview after you pass the phone interview. It is easy. See more detail in interview question.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala-Cynwyd, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The entire process was really smooth. The recruiters are really helpful and always fast to respond to questions. Personally, I missed sending an email to the recruiter in time but still, the entire process was pretty quick in spite of my delayed response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Susquehanna International Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute HR screen. Second round consisted of an online coding challenge, followed by a phone interview with an engineer about your solution as well as your resume -- also covered database design and data structures. Didn't hear anything for two months, which was followed up by an on-site interview. The on-site was 3 rounds. First an on-site coding challenge (with computer) followed by two hour-long interviews with groups of 2 engineers each (writing code and concepts on whiteboard). The interviewers were all very helpful and supportive. Then finally a tour of SIG facilities to wrap up the day.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a garbage collector for a programming language?   Answer Question