Sutherland Asbill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sutherland Asbill Interview Questions

2.9

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill.

Interview

Submitted my resume and transcript through a legal recruiter who was then contacted to set up an in-person interview. At the initial interview I met with two partners and was told about the position and asked about my legal experience, skills and reasons for seeking the position. I think had a second interview where I met with multiple partners and associates and was asked similar questions.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone, screening, then testing, Word, Excel, Typing and Proofreading. The proofreading was difficult. All the tests are timed. If you do well on the test then next step is the actual interview. I met with a few attorneys. I was there for over two hours, but I did not mind because I've interviewed at other places where they want to bring you in for another round of interviews, at least at Sutherland, they knocked them out all at once.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me one thing you dislike about either a current or past job?
      How do you handle your workload?
      Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a short interview for 20 minutes, received a call back for Atlanta, and met/interviewed with several attorneys in one day. Attorneys were more interested in talking to me about what I want to know to make them a better fit for me. It was really refreshing to feel that the attorneys really wanted me there. Very friendly people, answered all of my questions fully.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you keep up to date with the field?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for Entry Level Paralegal via Linked In, I received a call within 24 hours -- I had a great screening with a HR Rep. I came in for Testing (Which I did amazing on one test, the other average) I Interviewed with the Office Manager, who was amazing and she advanced me to another interview with the Paralegal Specialist. That interview was very easy-going and pleasant. I was called within 24 hours and was recommended for another position with the firm Tax Paralegal (Which I was also very excited about) I did a phone interview with the Paralegal Specialist of that group and got advanced to the last set of interviews (Which is in 2 days) This one is to last 3-3.5 hours, meeting with all the Attorneys and HR. I was given a week to prepare for the interview, so I contacted an attorney I worked for to write a letter of recommendation.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part as a Paralegal   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process from start to finish was amazing. Everyone in HR was courteous, just found it hard to believe a firm of that size had no staff recruiter. Phone screening, testing and interview. Although I didn't test to their passing, the manager was so kind and offered suggestions on getting skills sharpened.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was good, the only thing is the manager said, I would only be here for 3 months, and now two years! And I've not receive the direct hire position. She's said they are looking forward to the new and improve Elite that now has a new title 3E accounting system software. And when they launch this new system. Then she can decide if they will need two a/p associates.

Interview Questions

• It appears you've worked in the Law Firms before and we see that your job duties matches perfect with our job duties   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill in August 2012.

Interview

There were one on one interviews with several attorneys. Each attorney asked similar questions about background, interests etc. None of the attorneys conducting the interviews asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your interests. What area of the law interests you most.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill (Atlanta, GA) in September 2009.

Interview

Partner that interviewed me at the on campus interview didn't even seem to care. Spent his time talking about anything but the firm. Gave me a subtle dig on the color choice of my suit. Actually glad I didn't get the offer if the rest of the folks working there were anything like that guy.

Interview Questions

• Did you pick a brown suit because it goes with the smog from Los Angeles?   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Asbill.

Interview

HR staff was amazing. Always followed thru and were patient with my follow-up questions. Interviewed approximately three or four times during a two week period. During that period met with about 8 different people. Met with the team peers that I would be working with as well as team leads (partner-attorneys) that I would be coaching and supporting to help grow their business. Very fluid and comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• Do not recall a most difficult or unexpected question. However, I found it most challenging to be interviewed in a conference setting by three people video conference style...as you how to allow for time delay issues and to be aware of how the camera may or may not be interpreting your eye contact and/or gestures.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined the first time and then accepted the second offer.