Sutherland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially got a call from a third party saying there is an opening for QA at Sutherland.
    1st round is a technical phone screen through a conference call. Very basic interview questions, Don't know the reason why they are not satisfied

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Give an example to define test case?
      Boundary Value analysis
      How to link defects?
      Negative testing etc..   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview. It was scheduled few days before and it went well. The lady I spoke with was pretty respectful and actually wanted to offer me a position but there was conflict of schedule.

Interview Questions

• First things first, what schedule do I prefer the most and what is my availability.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (Tulsa, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

The follow up with this company is ridiculous and unprofessional and definitely not in a timely manner whatsoever. If you want to know anything about your interview (or interviews in my case) forget it. And this was for an internal position. Not sure how they handle their external candidates but I wouldn't work there now in any capacity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience sourcing candidates nationally?   1 Answer

Customer Service, Retention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sutherland (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call and email the following day. Followed the directions in the email for all the prep work before coming in. Got to the recruiting office and sat there for 40 minutes. Was called by the man running the recruiting center to enter another room. Sat there for another 40 minutes. Met Denise who was going to interview me. We sat down and the first thing she told me was that I am not qualified for the position. She said there's more positions that I can apply for and that there was one I was qualified to work with and it was for USAA. So I did the application right then and there and she said that she'll schedule me for an interview two days from now. Two days pass and I'm back over there with the same guy running the recruiting center. I sit down for another 40 minutes until called to the other room again. I wait for 20 minutes and am called back outside because I didn't do some necessary things in the application. Followed his directions on the computer and it turns out I had already done everything. I wait at the computer for 10 minutes because he told me to and then was asked to go back to the other room for the second time. Now I wait for 40 minutes only to be told that I'm not qualified for that position either. The man running the office tells me there's other positions and tells me to apply to them, so I do. After waiting 20 more minutes he tells me I still didn't qualify.

I was told I am not qualified for any position that they had open and yet they told me I was and made me come and wait for hours just to be told I can't even get an interview. I asked why I didn't qualify and they said it was because I didn't pass the questionnaire. I then asked why they told me to come in if I didn't qualify and they couldn't give me a straight answer. I don't get why they would lie to me and get my hopes up for a job and tell me that I wouldn't be interviewed because of some questionnaire. I passed the typing test of 25wpm.

The funny thing is that when I left, I got a call from Lola, a recruiter, telling me they reviewed my application and want me to come Infor yet another interview. I told her I was there not even 10 minutes ago and if I would be interviewed that day. She said she would call me back to let me know if I would and never got a call back.

Your recruiting center is terrible, I invested time to be there and ended up getting crapped on by Sutherland. Your team needs to get in sync so this problem doesn't happen again.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland in March 2017.

Interview

less than 5 minute interview, gave brief background of specific area position was for. Recruiter was very nice, but stopped and cut to salary request. Discussed current salary and then told what the salary is for job. Salary was less than I made in 1992! Asked her to relay to their Management their salary is not in line with current standards.

Interview Questions

• what is my current salary and not sure if this position will pay as well.   1 Answer

Manager of Organizational Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenandoah, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Shenandoah, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. I had expected more of a conversation style interview, but it turned out to be a lot of questions & answers. The manager was personable and explained what success in the role would look like. At then end the manager shared the next steps.

I received a second telephone interview with the Sr VP of Business Excellence and was scheduled for an in person interview a few days later.

I ended up withdrawing my application before the I'm person interview to pursue other opportunities.

Overall I was left with a good impression. If the position paid more and was closer to home I would have continued with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What type of data did you analyze during the analysis phase of the six sigma project.   Answer Question
    • How did you define the expected outcomes of your project?   Answer Question

Work At Home Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Took online assessment, reviewed all the technical requirements. I was part of the team to make up some of the questions, knew the answers by heart and even made sure that I was able to pretend the pay rate was fair. Was I chosen? No. .

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform your job during stressful conversations?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

Filled out online application had my virtual interview have not heard back yet. Application is still under review. It has been a few weeks. I did email the company and they said they are in the process of reviewing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How can you insure its a expetional experience for the customer being that it is not a face to face interaction.   1 Answer

Gaming Support - Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Congratulations! You have completed the first step towards becoming a work-at-home Gaming Support consultant. The next step is to complete an online assessment.
        The Gaming Support Assessment typically takes just 30 - 45 minutes

Gaming Consultant Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Absolutely horrible!! Extremely long and pointless! They send you a long assessment that requires a lot of math and vocabulary (easy but long). Then you do a simulation of customer calls. After that you do a typing test. If you pass ALL of that, you move on to a virtual interview over phone (15 questions) and ANOTHER TYPING TEST! They call you then after about 2 days later to schedule THREE interviews over a course of THREE business days. 1st two interviews are pretty easy going so they want you to think. Lady told me on a Friday she was scheduling my 3rd interview on a Monday and was going to send me a confirmation that same day. NEVER heard anything back from anyone (I called and emailed them) until 11am that Monday saying they choose not to move my application forward. COMPLETE waste of time and a joke! All for $9 an hr. GTFOH

Interview Questions

• If a customer called upset, what would you do to resolve the issue? (Broad question..smh)   1 Answer