Sutherland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sutherland Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland in March 2017.

Interview

less than 5 minute interview, gave brief background of specific area position was for. Recruiter was very nice, but stopped and cut to salary request. Discussed current salary and then told what the salary is for job. Salary was less than I made in 1992! Asked her to relay to their Management their salary is not in line with current standards.

Interview Questions

• what is my current salary and not sure if this position will pay as well.   1 Answer

Work At Home Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Took online assessment, reviewed all the technical requirements. I was part of the team to make up some of the questions, knew the answers by heart and even made sure that I was able to pretend the pay rate was fair. Was I chosen? No. .

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform your job during stressful conversations?   1 Answer

Manager of Organizational Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenandoah, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Shenandoah, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. I had expected more of a conversation style interview, but it turned out to be a lot of questions & answers. The manager was personable and explained what success in the role would look like. At then end the manager shared the next steps.

I received a second telephone interview with the Sr VP of Business Excellence and was scheduled for an in person interview a few days later.

I ended up withdrawing my application before the I'm person interview to pursue other opportunities.

Overall I was left with a good impression. If the position paid more and was closer to home I would have continued with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What type of data did you analyze during the analysis phase of the six sigma project.   Answer Question
    • How did you define the expected outcomes of your project?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

Filled out online application had my virtual interview have not heard back yet. Application is still under review. It has been a few weeks. I did email the company and they said they are in the process of reviewing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How can you insure its a expetional experience for the customer being that it is not a face to face interaction.   1 Answer

Gaming Support - Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Congratulations! You have completed the first step towards becoming a work-at-home Gaming Support consultant. The next step is to complete an online assessment.
        The Gaming Support Assessment typically takes just 30 - 45 minutes

Gaming Consultant Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Absolutely horrible!! Extremely long and pointless! They send you a long assessment that requires a lot of math and vocabulary (easy but long). Then you do a simulation of customer calls. After that you do a typing test. If you pass ALL of that, you move on to a virtual interview over phone (15 questions) and ANOTHER TYPING TEST! They call you then after about 2 days later to schedule THREE interviews over a course of THREE business days. 1st two interviews are pretty easy going so they want you to think. Lady told me on a Friday she was scheduling my 3rd interview on a Monday and was going to send me a confirmation that same day. NEVER heard anything back from anyone (I called and emailed them) until 11am that Monday saying they choose not to move my application forward. COMPLETE waste of time and a joke! All for $9 an hr. GTFOH

Interview Questions

• If a customer called upset, what would you do to resolve the issue? (Broad question..smh)   1 Answer

Gaming Support - Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The entire process was fairly standard and easy up until the third interview. She was very biased and obviously did not like my answer when I explained why I was no longer working with a company from four years ago.

The third interview was going great. She asked the same questions I was asked before and I answered. When she hung up I had a good feeling. Then within twenty minutes of our phone call, I received a rejection letter.

I don't know who they hire to lead these interviews but the very least they can do is explain what exactly did I say was wrong? Considering the fact it was the same thing I said to everyone else and I managed to *pass* those interviews?

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a modem and a router.   1 Answer

Gaming Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

extremely long assessment that took an hour and a half and then a "virtual interview" that is essentially an extension of the application our assessment. After submitting the virtual interview I immediately got an email stating that I was not selected (I would assume because I said the party rate was unacceptable). They expect a backup plan for internet outages and expect you to purchase a new modem if they decide you need one; all for 8.50 an hour to start and 9 an hour after 7 weeks. No thank you.

Interview Questions

• Is 8.50 an acceptable pay rate   1 Answer

IT Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

I got a call this morning from what sounded like a receptionist at the main office in Rochester. She started asking me these questions about the job and what I was expected to do. She then got extremely fixated on my previous company and why I left and she wanted a verification of employment because apparently that's a thing now that I'm required to prove that I was employed somewhere.

The person interviewing me was just doing a basic phone screen and after about 10 minutes speaking with her, I decide to hang up because I wasn't comfortable work at this company based on the presentation that she was giving me. She's asking for a lot of things that no other employer has ever required from me, and she had a extremely hard time speaking and understanding English.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide a letter of notice that you were fired from the previous employer?   1 Answer

Work At Home Gaming Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did normal personality and skills test, along with call center simulation and typing test. Was invited through email by a recruiter for a phone interview. Was moved on to a second phone interview where at the end I was told I was being moved forward to the phone interview. Then 2 days later received an email stating I was not a chosen candidate. So i e-mailed the recruiter back stating that she told me I was moving on the the 3rd interview and she replied with a completely different response than the one she gave on the phone.