Sutherland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sutherland Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland in April 2016.

Interview

My interview was over the phone and it was mostly information on the company. Everything is done online so she said a link will be sent closer to my start date. She was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could start at the end of April   1 Answer

Gaming Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I saw this "job" on indeed and applied through the companies website the process was application, assessment, virtual interview, 3 phone interviews. all of this for 9 per hour. Most people quit after the first week of training.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was LONG like 10 interviews. and painful. We met almost 10 diff times, I wasn't sold the first few times and then when it came time for negotiation and they were willing to meet my salaried request + vacation I was sold. Don't be afraid to negotiate with the hiring manager, let them know what you want. if they want you they'll cough it up .

Negotiation

rough, they kinda made me feel bad for trying to negotiate but in the end I stuck to my guns and they made it work.

Tax Software Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sutherland in August 2014.

Interview

As I type this I'm still waiting on a phone interview that was suppose to start at 1pm est, it is now 18 mins past that time. This company has pretty much strung me along for two months. Telling me I was qualified and they were offering me a position, moments later via email I was told I was not qualified. Cool, off to the next opportunity. Then two days later I'm told they want to me to apply for a different position, again cool. Told I'm qualified and would receive a call, never received a call, instead received an email stating I would not be offered a position. Then about three weeks later told to apply for the position of Tax Software Technician, which I foolishly did since I'm seriously looking for employment. Was told the same day I applied and recorded my answers to 9 questions that I was qualified and to be on the look out for an email from them(although this was sent via email). Received an email the next day told to select a time for a phone interview for the next day(which is today August 26, 2014). I selected my time of 1pm and now 22 minutes later they still have not called. I must say this was the final straw, although truth be told the run-a-round from before should have been. I'm not sure how "great" this company can be when they are not professional enough to follow up with people they claim they want to make a job offer to.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult and/or unexpected question was all of them, since I never got a chance to be asked or to answer.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

They have conducted 3 rounds:- 1.Written test 2.Telephonic (Includes technical questions) 3. US Client round.
    Written test contains questions related to designing and you will be given some shapes and some questions to solve them logically.
    Telephonic round is the combination of general and technical questions.In this round you have to answer questions with confidence and your great communication skills will be worked out here.
    US Client round is actually skype interview.There you have interact with the US Clients and they will ask you questions regarding designing.

Interview Questions

• Q.If we give you a 2D drawing is it possible to convert it to 3D ?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

A systematic approach to hiring. Where mostly the screening takes place video telephone interview or a Skype meet. Later after few rounds of telephonic interview you get interviewed by the seniors of the department.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your major contributions to the role as applied   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Clark (Philippines)) in November 2016.

Interview

it's pretty hard, very nervously and I had to think for a second before I answer because the interviewer was very strict on how she do the interview. there were a lot of mind blowing question. and we also had some role playing on how we sell the product. i had a hard time during the role play because I have to be careful on what I would say.

Interview Questions

• What my idea about customer service   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Mumbai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Fairly challenging but far better than some other firms I interviewed with. It wasn't limited to an operations but discussed my people skills, my willingness to move to other parts of the business. Some questions were out of the blue but on reflection these were to assess my business acumen. There was one question on account management I think - when they asked for my experience in dealing with client account reps and what I did/do in reference to QBRs, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are challenges you face in ensuring adequate staffing during peak season?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I couldn't clear the first round, which was an essay writing round. I was given a topic called 'my best customer experience'. And my previous job didn't require me to deal directly with customers and i hate lying. I think it's needed to create a magnificent sounding story to get them to hire you.

Gaming Consultant Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Absolutely horrible!! Extremely long and pointless! They send you a long assessment that requires a lot of math and vocabulary (easy but long). Then you do a simulation of customer calls. After that you do a typing test. If you pass ALL of that, you move on to a virtual interview over phone (15 questions) and ANOTHER TYPING TEST! They call you then after about 2 days later to schedule THREE interviews over a course of THREE business days. 1st two interviews are pretty easy going so they want you to think. Lady told me on a Friday she was scheduling my 3rd interview on a Monday and was going to send me a confirmation that same day. NEVER heard anything back from anyone (I called and emailed them) until 11am that Monday saying they choose not to move my application forward. COMPLETE waste of time and a joke! All for $9 an hr. GTFOH

Interview Questions

• If a customer called upset, what would you do to resolve the issue? (Broad question..smh)   1 Answer

Non Voice Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

the first round is written assesement and second round is telephonic conference
    round and final round is with human resource manager it is very difficult with no proper english communication skill

Interview Questions

• say about your self?
      what is your passion?