Sutherland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

547 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Did application online, got an email following letting me know they wanted me to come in for a hiring event on weds. At the time I was out of town so I rescheduled for Friday. It was actually a good thing because I got real one on one time with full attention on me. There was quite a few people there though. When you walk in you check in with the person at the desk, they'll have you sit for a few minutes then take you to one of the computers they have in the room. You take a typing test, then answer some basic computer skills questions. Once your done the person you check in with (grades) test. If you pass your then taken in to another room where someone goes over the different companies and ask which one you would be interested in. You pick one then they set you up to have an interview with that companies recruiter. The recruiter for the company I chose happen to be there in the office so I got to do my interview right then and there. They literally just want to know all about you, I guess to see if you fit well. I got asked one question the whole interview, everything else was just me talking about myself.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Worst experience ever! Completed my application and assessment at home, received an email next day about coming in for testing. Come in and completed the testing and met with a recruiter, wanted me to come back in the next day for group interviews. Went to the group interview was told we all were hired and we did our background and drug testing there. I did inform the recruiter I was not able to start the day of the start date due to me being out of town with family and they said that's fine we will start you later. I fill out all of the new hire paper work and everything they sent for me to complete. I come back from my trip and no word on the time or day I start. I go in and I'm told, I wasn't supposed to be hired because of some glitch with the assessment and the recruiter that originally hired me was no longer there. If I would have just came in the date I was schedule for hire in the first place, none of this probably would've happened. Honestly I'm glad I didn't join this company, waste of time.

Interview Questions

• It was an easy interview, talk about yourself and experience pretty much.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (Tulsa, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

The follow up with this company is ridiculous and unprofessional and definitely not in a timely manner whatsoever. If you want to know anything about your interview (or interviews in my case) forget it. And this was for an internal position. Not sure how they handle their external candidates but I wouldn't work there now in any capacity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience sourcing candidates nationally?   1 Answer

Customer Service, Retention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sutherland (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call and email the following day. Followed the directions in the email for all the prep work before coming in. Got to the recruiting office and sat there for 40 minutes. Was called by the man running the recruiting center to enter another room. Sat there for another 40 minutes. Met Denise who was going to interview me. We sat down and the first thing she told me was that I am not qualified for the position. She said there's more positions that I can apply for and that there was one I was qualified to work with and it was for USAA. So I did the application right then and there and she said that she'll schedule me for an interview two days from now. Two days pass and I'm back over there with the same guy running the recruiting center. I sit down for another 40 minutes until called to the other room again. I wait for 20 minutes and am called back outside because I didn't do some necessary things in the application. Followed his directions on the computer and it turns out I had already done everything. I wait at the computer for 10 minutes because he told me to and then was asked to go back to the other room for the second time. Now I wait for 40 minutes only to be told that I'm not qualified for that position either. The man running the office tells me there's other positions and tells me to apply to them, so I do. After waiting 20 more minutes he tells me I still didn't qualify.

I was told I am not qualified for any position that they had open and yet they told me I was and made me come and wait for hours just to be told I can't even get an interview. I asked why I didn't qualify and they said it was because I didn't pass the questionnaire. I then asked why they told me to come in if I didn't qualify and they couldn't give me a straight answer. I don't get why they would lie to me and get my hopes up for a job and tell me that I wouldn't be interviewed because of some questionnaire. I passed the typing test of 25wpm.

The funny thing is that when I left, I got a call from Lola, a recruiter, telling me they reviewed my application and want me to come Infor yet another interview. I told her I was there not even 10 minutes ago and if I would be interviewed that day. She said she would call me back to let me know if I would and never got a call back.

Your recruiting center is terrible, I invested time to be there and ended up getting crapped on by Sutherland. Your team needs to get in sync so this problem doesn't happen again.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

Phone screening followed by a 30 minute interview with a senior manager, where they will review your resume and ask you speak about your experience . Once accepted you will have to pass a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Review of resume and standard competency questions - strengths, weaknesses, how you handled a difficult situation etc.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring event where there were many interviews being conducted at once. Each person went through the process of application review, went to private room to have interview. Upon hire, they requested drug test by swab of mouth and skills test on computer handling customer service issues.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging customer service issue you faced? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

I was contacted by Sutherland that I would be called by the hiring manager. We spoke on the phone for about 30 minutes. He asked as few questions and I mostly did the talking. He didn't ask questions about my answers or anything. He just told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• I mostly talked about 30 minutes. The hiring manager was silent.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland in March 2017.

Interview

less than 5 minute interview, gave brief background of specific area position was for. Recruiter was very nice, but stopped and cut to salary request. Discussed current salary and then told what the salary is for job. Salary was less than I made in 1992! Asked her to relay to their Management their salary is not in line with current standards.

Interview Questions

• what is my current salary and not sure if this position will pay as well.   1 Answer

Manager of Organizational Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenandoah, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Shenandoah, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. I had expected more of a conversation style interview, but it turned out to be a lot of questions & answers. The manager was personable and explained what success in the role would look like. At then end the manager shared the next steps.

I received a second telephone interview with the Sr VP of Business Excellence and was scheduled for an in person interview a few days later.

I ended up withdrawing my application before the I'm person interview to pursue other opportunities.

Overall I was left with a good impression. If the position paid more and was closer to home I would have continued with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What type of data did you analyze during the analysis phase of the six sigma project.   Answer Question
    • How did you define the expected outcomes of your project?   Answer Question

Work At Home Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Took online assessment, reviewed all the technical requirements. I was part of the team to make up some of the questions, knew the answers by heart and even made sure that I was able to pretend the pay rate was fair. Was I chosen? No. .

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform your job during stressful conversations?   1 Answer