Sutherland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took typing test and drug test all in same day. 4 hour process and hired on the spot. I originally submitted my interest on indeed and was contacted by a recruiter. I went into the job fair the following day and applied on their computer and everything was done there onsite, including the drug test.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland in September 2016.

Interview

Walked in around 8:30 in the morning took about 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours to get threw everything. Application portion was simple, typing test was simple. Only thing is I felt like recruiter wanted to put me down alot due to time frame between jobs, I'm only 20 and lived in a town where it's hard to find work, and if you can it's only commission. However don't let the recruiter put you down because they don't have the final say. Also interviewers don't get in until about 10am, however a recruiter will tell you 9am. Overall very long process but hired on spot so definitely worth it.

Gaming Consultant Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Absolutely horrible!! Extremely long and pointless! They send you a long assessment that requires a lot of math and vocabulary (easy but long). Then you do a simulation of customer calls. After that you do a typing test. If you pass ALL of that, you move on to a virtual interview over phone (15 questions) and ANOTHER TYPING TEST! They call you then after about 2 days later to schedule THREE interviews over a course of THREE business days. 1st two interviews are pretty easy going so they want you to think. Lady told me on a Friday she was scheduling my 3rd interview on a Monday and was going to send me a confirmation that same day. NEVER heard anything back from anyone (I called and emailed them) until 11am that Monday saying they choose not to move my application forward. COMPLETE waste of time and a joke! All for $9 an hr. GTFOH

Interview Questions

• If a customer called upset, what would you do to resolve the issue? (Broad question..smh)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

Recruiters are similar to a cattle herder. They are commissioned and get paid to hire whoever walks through the door. I had the job before I sat down. As long as you pass the on site mouth swab drug test you have the job... I also wanted to point out the type of people that sutherland will hire, is- some people fail the mouth swab test. That pretty much means they came to the interview/test wasted.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how i was on a computer and had me rename a file and relocate another in windows 7.   1 Answer

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Alexandria, LA).

Interview

Basic questions to establish persons personality. Feel if you'll be able to speak with customers. They provide you with the time frame for training and after will provide you with a different schedule.

Gaming Support - Work From Home Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The entire process was fairly standard and easy up until the third interview. She was very biased and obviously did not like my answer when I explained why I was no longer working with a company from four years ago.

The third interview was going great. She asked the same questions I was asked before and I answered. When she hung up I had a good feeling. Then within twenty minutes of our phone call, I received a rejection letter.

I don't know who they hire to lead these interviews but the very least they can do is explain what exactly did I say was wrong? Considering the fact it was the same thing I said to everyone else and I managed to *pass* those interviews?

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a modem and a router.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was long and nerve racking. I was in class when they called. The person who I interviewed with was nice and courteous. It is after being hired that I saw the company for what it was.

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY).

Interview

It is a joke. They hire every warm body with a pulse that has an acceptable internet connection. I know, I tried to train them. All you need to do is apply online and then respond to the email you recieve. The screening phone call is more to verify that you are an actual person and then you will get your offer email and your training email. You need to complete your offer email by the 3rd day of training or you will be removed from that particular training class.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked from home before?   1 Answer

Gaming Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

extremely long assessment that took an hour and a half and then a "virtual interview" that is essentially an extension of the application our assessment. After submitting the virtual interview I immediately got an email stating that I was not selected (I would assume because I said the party rate was unacceptable). They expect a backup plan for internet outages and expect you to purchase a new modem if they decide you need one; all for 8.50 an hour to start and 9 an hour after 7 weeks. No thank you.

Interview Questions

• Is 8.50 an acceptable pay rate   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

It's was easy and quick . You take a online assessment, followed by a interview where you record your answers over the phone. They call you with next steps and send onboarding paperwork via email. Next you get scheduled for a online training course.