Sutherland Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sutherland Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Rochester, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter, who set up a time for an interview for me. I arrived, and met with a team leader. We talked for about 20 minutes about the job. It was very laid back, very informal. No pointed questions. After that I was introduced to an associate and listened in on some sales calls for about 30 minutes. After that I met with the group manager, and after about 10 minutes was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No opportunity for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Sutherland

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online through Sutherland's website. A couple days later I was contacted by someone and they asked me about my background in IT, and my availability for full-time or part-time work. He then asked if I was interested in sports. I said yes and he told me about a sales position for a company that sells tickets. He seemed very friendly and gave me information for an interview at Sutherland Global. The person who gave me the interview seemed really nice and we mostly talked about sports. It seemed like a laid back atmosphere. My advice would be to show that you can hold a conversation with someone.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider individual awards/recognition good or bad?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When they asked me what salary I was expecting I replied that I would discuss the salary once the position was offered to me. Once I was offered the job I asked what salary was typical for someone in my position. I think I negotiated well because I heard someone in another room say they would get $9.00 an hour and I got $9.50.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutherland in March 2010.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and had a phone interview. Two days later I got another call and a time was set up for an interview. The interview went great. Within 5 days I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they would not budge.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewing is very easy at Sutherland. Once your application is reviewed and your called in for an interview, they ask the routine questions of an interview such as former employers and education. If you past that part of the interview they will ask you to sign a waiver for a background check and drug test. If all is well an offer will be made.