Sutherland Interview Questions in Syracuse, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.1

CSR2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Drug screen by manager on the spot of being hired.. I did not feel comfortable with spitting on a swab in front of a stranger.. I would tell the next person to be prepared for the test not with a screening company.

AOL Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Went into the office, answered a few simple questions regarding technical information such as computers and devices. It was a rather simple process and they offered me a job on the spot, as they did with 10 other people. Busines-casual dress is required by the company, and it is in a secure office. I went into a room with an interviewer and just talked a bit and answered a few questions that were simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• What are three devices used to turn a TV into a smart TV.   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had to go to the local zoo where they were having the interviews. They for whatever reason had planned to show a movie that was scheduled to rune only at certain times, then make you wait to be interviewed in one of several lines. I was on lunch, so I couldn't sit around waiting, and I had to ask a few different people could I just get an interview since I'd already submitted my application. Most said 'no, I had to wait'- but one person got me past the bs and I only had to wait in line, get my interview, then go home.
    Then wait for a response, which took a few days, then wait to be scheduled for a phone interview with the client of the program I was applying for. After that there was more paperwork, a drug test, and then more waiting. I think the total time was about 3 weeks from application to hire.

As an aside I asked other workers once hired about their interview process & it varied wildly, so 'Good Luck'?

Interview Questions

• They were interested in how much Linux experience I had.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied and got a call the next day . They asked me a few basic questions like name , address , my availability , when am I available to come in. I came in 2 days later for a face to face , we went over my resume then I took a typing test and took my drug test (mouth swab) they said if I passed class starts the next two weeks.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Simple, asked a few questions about prior experience and how I would handle keeping myself motivated each day. They usually have two managers conducting the interview one usually just sits there and takes notes while the other does all of the questioning. Not very serious and pretty easy to make it through.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will be able to stay motivated in a job where you are constantly making phone calls day in and day out?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very friendly, lengthy interview. Met with someone from HR and then met with a manager for the program I was interviewed for. Took some test phone calls as well. Went back downstairs, answered more questions, took drug test, received offer letter pending successful pass of drug test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very fast. You interviewed with someone from HR and most of the time they hired on the spot. There were also some program specific interview questions depending on what program you were trying to get a position in.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is actually good. They tell you right then and there if you're hired or not. They try to make the interview stress free for the applicant by making a few jokes here and there depending on the person who is interviewing you,