SutherlandGold Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SutherlandGold Communications Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at SutherlandGold Communications

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at SutherlandGold Communications.

Interview

Intern for NYC office. Began with a phone interview with their recruitment director (Jeanine) who was very friendly and easy to chat with. Within a week, put me in touch with the account director in their NYC office and I was invited down for an in-person interview. The NYC office was spacious, with room for growth - currently a very small team of 5-7. Upon arriving, I was greeted and they had a closed office space in the back for my interview, which was nice (less noise/distraction). I was interviewed by both the account director and coordinator, which I found helpful and made the interview process slightly more comfortable. It took twice the time that I was told/expected to hear back, but this was also due to holidays. While I was declined, I was overall happy with the interview process and feel that they took the time to get to know me as an applicant.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations and unhappy clients?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SutherlandGold Communications (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule an initial phone screen within two hours. The phone discussion was brief and I was invited for an in-person interview at the end of it. We slated the meeting for a week later at their San Francisco office. The front door was locked and woman at the front desk took her time to open it for me. The office was dead silent the entire time. I interviewed with three employees total with questions focused mostly on media relations experience. They notified me of their decision within two business days.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you'll have the most trouble with in this role?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SutherlandGold Communications (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring process for me was very much a get to know you experience. Personality is a huge part of working at SG, as is proving that you have the chops and that you're organized and able to stay on top of things. This is an organization that stresses skill and organization: client skill, media skill and managament/organization skills.

Interview Questions

• Generally, SG digs deep to provide case examples of how you achieved a specific result for a client. You'll have to dig deep into who you know on the media side.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated vacation and my negotiation was accepted.