Sutter Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soquel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Soquel, CA).

Interview

I was contacted shortly after submitting my resume, and I had phone screens with the hiring manager and recruiter. After the phone screens, I was contacted the next day and scheduled for an in person interview that took place the following week. I had to take the day off work, as the drive was 1 1/2 hours one way, and it was clear that I prepared for the interview and thoroughly researched the company and individuals that I was met with. I also sent a thank you note within three hours of my in person interview. Nobody has bothered to get back to me, which shows a complete lack of courtesy and a complete lack of respect for the time and effort that I put into the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of this job?   Answer Question

Vice President, Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Alameda, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process was "messy" to say the least.

The final stage of interviewing was with the CEO, physicians, and Director group (17 people total). The CEO asked me if I had children, the physicians broke out into laughter as soon as I left the room, and the Director group was cold and disengaged.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was professional, followup took a very long time. There were multiple panel interviews with no feedback for over a month. The interviews involved face to face, tela conference, and on the phone with a key decision mater.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage an off site work force.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

I applied for a non-executive level position in their corporate department. I went through 4 rounds of interviews all in-person. I was reassured through the majority of the process that it was going well. During each round I was asked stock interview questions and given positive feedback. Yet, in the end it didn't result in an offer and they decided to proceed with an internal candidate.

I understand no process is perfect, but shows a complete lack on respect and professionalism on two key fronts.

First, that many rounds, especially in-person, were completely unnecessary. Regardless of the job, a hiring manager should have enough authority and decision making ability to hire the intended long before four rounds.

Secondly, it is completely inappropriate to have internal and external candidates apply in the same pool. This should be obvious given the built in rapport, experience and internal knowledge.

I am very disappointed in this organization for not being able to conduct a respectful interview process.

Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Process was as follows: Had a phone screen with the recruiter, then with one of the marketing directors, and finally had an on-site interview with two marketing directors. Then, after hearing no feedback for weeks, followed up with the recruiter a couple of times over email and got the runaround (and never any final decision) - very unprofessional, considering that I found out later through the grapevine that a few hires had been made. Luckily, shortly after I found a better job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took a risk and what the outcome was   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Emeryville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then two group interviews. First group interview met entire group in local office. Very impressed with local management in group - very professional and liked her management style - would have enjoyed working for her. Rest of the group were all fairly new employees. Very disappointed with lack of professionalism of paralegal. Very disappointed with top management from SF. Very disappointed no one spoke up to improper interview question. At last interview, very very apparent why the position was open.

EHR Service Desk Tech (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website, was contacted by a recruiter. I did a technical screen with the technical recruiter via Skype and was moved to a second interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager I interviewed with stated how exhausted they were, seemed out of focus when speaking with me, eye contact wasn't all there, and seemed to be in a rush. Overall, it was a pretty neutral experience with the direct hiring manager, but was an amazing experience with the recruiter. The recruiter was quick and responsive. The interview with the hiring manager was standard.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

. I applied for the ED RN position.The Interview was very informal, I met with 2 Nurse ED managers and another co-worker , in an office, almost like a panel interview. The managers were very calm, I was anxious initially then felt relaxed as the interview proceeded. Its was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask me why I decided to work for Sutter Health
      Tell me a bit about yourself
      The most outrageous thing that ever happened to you in the ER
      How do you to handle conflict   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Excellent experience involving a wide range of pharmacy, nursing, and physicians. The experience left me with a strong sense of the value the team places on the contributions that pharmacists make in a hospital setting. I did not have the right experience to make the cut here, but I will apply again after I have more time at another hospital.

Interview Questions

• Very specific situations from my past work history and how they applied to each question.   1 Answer

RN New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutter Health (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of open interviews. The interviews were held in a conference room next to the cafeteria in the California Campus. There were many unit managers there to interview candidates one on one. The interviews lasted about ten to fifteen minutes with four to five questions. The experience was short and friendly. They notify applicants through letters of whether they got the position or not.