Sutter Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soquel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Soquel, CA).

Interview

I was contacted shortly after submitting my resume, and I had phone screens with the hiring manager and recruiter. After the phone screens, I was contacted the next day and scheduled for an in person interview that took place the following week. I had to take the day off work, as the drive was 1 1/2 hours one way, and it was clear that I prepared for the interview and thoroughly researched the company and individuals that I was met with. I also sent a thank you note within three hours of my in person interview. Nobody has bothered to get back to me, which shows a complete lack of courtesy and a complete lack of respect for the time and effort that I put into the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of this job?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Vallejo, CA).

Interview

Average- 3 rounds- phone interview, one of one interview and then panel interview. Asked behavioral questions -- your past work, stress questions, financial analysis question, past experiences. Phone interview took like 30 mins, 1x1 interview took like 1hr and panel interview took another 1 hour. They were not on the same day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. It was quick and simple. Just how smoothly the interview and hiring process went, I knew it would be a great place to work. Everything from the application, the 1st and 2nd interview on through the background and drug screening took about a week's time.

Interview Questions

• How well do you adapt to change?   1 Answer

Vice President, Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Alameda, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process was "messy" to say the least.

The final stage of interviewing was with the CEO, physicians, and Director group (17 people total). The CEO asked me if I had children, the physicians broke out into laughter as soon as I left the room, and the Director group was cold and disengaged.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was professional, followup took a very long time. There were multiple panel interviews with no feedback for over a month. The interviews involved face to face, tela conference, and on the phone with a key decision mater.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage an off site work force.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview (screening) with recruiter, then the manager and finally a panel interview with the management team. The phone interview was about 5 minutes in length, told me next steps if I was selected to the next round of interviews.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

I applied for a non-executive level position in their corporate department. I went through 4 rounds of interviews all in-person. I was reassured through the majority of the process that it was going well. During each round I was asked stock interview questions and given positive feedback. Yet, in the end it didn't result in an offer and they decided to proceed with an internal candidate.

I understand no process is perfect, but shows a complete lack on respect and professionalism on two key fronts.

First, that many rounds, especially in-person, were completely unnecessary. Regardless of the job, a hiring manager should have enough authority and decision making ability to hire the intended long before four rounds.

Secondly, it is completely inappropriate to have internal and external candidates apply in the same pool. This should be obvious given the built in rapport, experience and internal knowledge.

I am very disappointed in this organization for not being able to conduct a respectful interview process.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applying three weeks prior online. The panel was two people, the manager and an HR person. They asked basic interview questions and nothing was a surprise, the interview lasted one hour. I was told it would be several weeks before they made their minds up but within four days HR was calling me with an offer. They were very happy to have me.

Interview Questions

• How I worked with a diverse population.
      What I thought the most important part of my role in healthcare is.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Very pleasant and nice. The interviewer was very kind to provide information and was very engaging. It made the whole process very easy and pleasant. Definitely a good start and a good place and people to work with.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Auburn, CA).

Interview

It usually is a peer interview, consisting of 3-4 employees that you will be working with. Each employee along with the supervisor will ask a series of questions pertaining to the specifics of the job. They usually will ask you about yourself and what it is about you that would make you an asset.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you can bring to the team?   1 Answer