Sutter Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sutter Health Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.9

Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Process was as follows: Had a phone screen with the recruiter, then with one of the marketing directors, and finally had an on-site interview with two marketing directors. Then, after hearing no feedback for weeks, followed up with the recruiter a couple of times over email and got the runaround (and never any final decision) - very unprofessional, considering that I found out later through the grapevine that a few hires had been made. Luckily, shortly after I found a better job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took a risk and what the outcome was   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Emeryville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then two group interviews. First group interview met entire group in local office. Very impressed with local management in group - very professional and liked her management style - would have enjoyed working for her. Rest of the group were all fairly new employees. Very disappointed with lack of professionalism of paralegal. Very disappointed with top management from SF. Very disappointed no one spoke up to improper interview question. At last interview, very very apparent why the position was open.

PSR Interview

Interview

Fairly good, like any other job interview you go in and then a manager will call you from the department you applied for and then they gave you an answer within the next couple of days

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The supervisor contacted me by phone to set up the initial interview. She received my information from the computer system selecting me according to my on-line application. The supervisor met with me at the first interview, then during the second interview there was another file clerk present. Both of these were comfortable interviews. They were very good to answer my questions, as well. When we were finished I was given a tour of the office and met the team. It showed to be a place that was well coordinated with decent camaraderie between the employees.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions of how I stay organized in my duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We did not negotiate.

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

bout 2 weeks. I received a call from HR for an interview. I met with Cassidy Fernandez. Cassidy was very professional and polite. What impressed me the mother was her vast knowledge about the company and her enthusiasm. She had an answer to all of my questions. The interview went smooth and beneficial to both parties. Kudos! To management for having Cassidy in the front line hiring process. She showed great interviewing skills. (After all I got hired!;). After that I used Sutter's website and added my references. The people you list as references have access to the same website to answer questions about the previous work or personal relationship with the applicant. After that is completed you are either hired or not. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you talked to an irrate customer and how did you had le it?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Vallejo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Formal panel, very matter of fact lots of behavioral questions. Very professional and calm. attitude. The whole interview took 25 minutes. They had their poker face and did not give me a clue that I got the job. I got a call a week later.

Interview Questions

• My favorite: what three things would your previous boss say about you?   1 Answer

EHR Service Desk Tech (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website, was contacted by a recruiter. I did a technical screen with the technical recruiter via Skype and was moved to a second interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager I interviewed with stated how exhausted they were, seemed out of focus when speaking with me, eye contact wasn't all there, and seemed to be in a rush. Overall, it was a pretty neutral experience with the direct hiring manager, but was an amazing experience with the recruiter. The recruiter was quick and responsive. The interview with the hiring manager was standard.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Davis, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Review of work experience and knowledge going through the resume job duties and skills. Panel interview with 3 interviewers asking questions each asking on skill and experience. each person took notes as questions are being answered. Break down of the position duties that interview for and break down on benefits and pay. Day after interview called from supervisor called offer my self the position. it took 20 day in the whole hiring process. Drug screening background check and health exam.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience with Epic, Hippa, patient demographics. etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

none I was offered the position and I accepted

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

. I applied for the ED RN position.The Interview was very informal, I met with 2 Nurse ED managers and another co-worker , in an office, almost like a panel interview. The managers were very calm, I was anxious initially then felt relaxed as the interview proceeded. Its was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask me why I decided to work for Sutter Health
      Tell me a bit about yourself
      The most outrageous thing that ever happened to you in the ER
      How do you to handle conflict
      1 Answer

Medical Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Livermore, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview had 5 people. one doctor, three CLS and one hiring manager. I was totally unprepared for that many people being that it was my second interview I've had in 10 years and my first panel interview. I also took a tour of the laboratory and reviewed what I knew on a clinical level with one of the Clinical Laboratory Scientists. Everyone asked me 2 questions a piece.

Interview Questions

• If I am unaware of a lab procedure, what would I do and would I go again protocol?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you failed or showed weakness?   1 Answer
    • What can I provide for these company? What skills do I bring?   1 Answer