Sutter Health Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I contacted the volunteer coordinator, who got back to me quickly. I filled out a simple application--biggest requirements are a reference and vaccines. The volunteer cycle (100) will start when there is an orientation, which I believe occurs only about 4 times a year. From the time I applied to the orientation, about three months passed. During this time, I received a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Sutter volunteer?   2 Answers

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Panel interview with 4 member of the Unit I was applying. Very easy going and systematic.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were all on the Sutter Web-site, the ones that can be found under interview tips, I believe.
      Tell us about yourself?
      Why sutter?
      A time you had a difficult family member?
      A time you had use your assesment skills and implement change?
      Time you took charge or showed leadership skills? Etc...

I had my interview at the end of one week and the following Monday was a holiday, I received my offer of employment on the Tuesday following my Thursday interview. I was asked to start the following Monday   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Auburn, CA).

Interview

It usually is a peer interview, consisting of 3-4 employees that you will be working with. Each employee along with the supervisor will ask a series of questions pertaining to the specifics of the job. They usually will ask you about yourself and what it is about you that would make you an asset.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you can bring to the team?   1 Answer

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The supervisor contacted me by phone to set up the initial interview. She received my information from the computer system selecting me according to my on-line application. The supervisor met with me at the first interview, then during the second interview there was another file clerk present. Both of these were comfortable interviews. They were very good to answer my questions, as well. When we were finished I was given a tour of the office and met the team. It showed to be a place that was well coordinated with decent camaraderie between the employees.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions of how I stay organized in my duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We did not negotiate.

EHR Service Desk Tech (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website, was contacted by a recruiter. I did a technical screen with the technical recruiter via Skype and was moved to a second interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager I interviewed with stated how exhausted they were, seemed out of focus when speaking with me, eye contact wasn't all there, and seemed to be in a rush. Overall, it was a pretty neutral experience with the direct hiring manager, but was an amazing experience with the recruiter. The recruiter was quick and responsive. The interview with the hiring manager was standard.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

. I applied for the ED RN position.The Interview was very informal, I met with 2 Nurse ED managers and another co-worker , in an office, almost like a panel interview. The managers were very calm, I was anxious initially then felt relaxed as the interview proceeded. Its was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask me why I decided to work for Sutter Health
      Tell me a bit about yourself
      The most outrageous thing that ever happened to you in the ER
      How do you to handle conflict   1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Davis, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Review of work experience and knowledge going through the resume job duties and skills. Panel interview with 3 interviewers asking questions each asking on skill and experience. each person took notes as questions are being answered. Break down of the position duties that interview for and break down on benefits and pay. Day after interview called from supervisor called offer my self the position. it took 20 day in the whole hiring process. Drug screening background check and health exam.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience with Epic, Hippa, patient demographics. etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

none I was offered the position and I accepted

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Excellent experience involving a wide range of pharmacy, nursing, and physicians. The experience left me with a strong sense of the value the team places on the contributions that pharmacists make in a hospital setting. I did not have the right experience to make the cut here, but I will apply again after I have more time at another hospital.

Interview Questions

• Very specific situations from my past work history and how they applied to each question.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Phone screen and then in person panel interview. The panel interview consist of management and directors. The interview as pretty standard as they asked questions regarding your experience and some behavioral questions.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Really straight forward. They asked a lot of clinical based questions and they like when you draw from your experiences. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. IT also helps to look on their website, they have some example questions and used a couple in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when the group decided upon something that you didn't agree with, but you still went along with it.   1 Answer