Sutter Health Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.8

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Auburn, CA).

Interview

It usually is a peer interview, consisting of 3-4 employees that you will be working with. Each employee along with the supervisor will ask a series of questions pertaining to the specifics of the job. They usually will ask you about yourself and what it is about you that would make you an asset.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you can bring to the team?   1 Answer

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The supervisor contacted me by phone to set up the initial interview. She received my information from the computer system selecting me according to my on-line application. The supervisor met with me at the first interview, then during the second interview there was another file clerk present. Both of these were comfortable interviews. They were very good to answer my questions, as well. When we were finished I was given a tour of the office and met the team. It showed to be a place that was well coordinated with decent camaraderie between the employees.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions of how I stay organized in my duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We did not negotiate.

EHR Service Desk Tech (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website, was contacted by a recruiter. I did a technical screen with the technical recruiter via Skype and was moved to a second interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager I interviewed with stated how exhausted they were, seemed out of focus when speaking with me, eye contact wasn't all there, and seemed to be in a rush. Overall, it was a pretty neutral experience with the direct hiring manager, but was an amazing experience with the recruiter. The recruiter was quick and responsive. The interview with the hiring manager was standard.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

. I applied for the ED RN position.The Interview was very informal, I met with 2 Nurse ED managers and another co-worker , in an office, almost like a panel interview. The managers were very calm, I was anxious initially then felt relaxed as the interview proceeded. Its was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask me why I decided to work for Sutter Health
      Tell me a bit about yourself
      The most outrageous thing that ever happened to you in the ER
      How do you to handle conflict
      1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Davis, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Review of work experience and knowledge going through the resume job duties and skills. Panel interview with 3 interviewers asking questions each asking on skill and experience. each person took notes as questions are being answered. Break down of the position duties that interview for and break down on benefits and pay. Day after interview called from supervisor called offer my self the position. it took 20 day in the whole hiring process. Drug screening background check and health exam.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience with Epic, Hippa, patient demographics. etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

none I was offered the position and I accepted

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Excellent experience involving a wide range of pharmacy, nursing, and physicians. The experience left me with a strong sense of the value the team places on the contributions that pharmacists make in a hospital setting. I did not have the right experience to make the cut here, but I will apply again after I have more time at another hospital.

Interview Questions

• Very specific situations from my past work history and how they applied to each question.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Phone screen and then in person panel interview. The panel interview consist of management and directors. The interview as pretty standard as they asked questions regarding your experience and some behavioral questions.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Really straight forward. They asked a lot of clinical based questions and they like when you draw from your experiences. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. IT also helps to look on their website, they have some example questions and used a couple in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when the group decided upon something that you didn't agree with, but you still went along with it.   1 Answer

HIM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of four people - each person asked one question. All of their questions were behavioral (i.e. "tell me about a time when..."). All of the people were on the younger side and dressed in business casual, so I didn't feel super-intimidated. Because there were only 4 questions, the interview went very quickly.

Senior Lean Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job on the Sutter Health.org site. Took many weeks to be notified of an interview opportunity. Interview was a panel of 6. Most of the panel was the team I'd be working with, including the Director. The interview was scheduled for 45 minutes: the first 30 with them asking questions, the last 15 for my questions. There were approximately 10 questions asked of me, mostly scripted behavioral questions. The interview ended on time. Was notified by phone that I did not get the job, "We offered the position to another candidate."

Interview Questions

• What is it that brings you to this work? And what excites you about it?   Answer Question