Swagelok Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swagelok Interview Questions

Interviews at Swagelok

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swagelok (Chaska, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable interview process with my direct supervisor and the vice president. A basic tour of the buildings, a conversation about how the company works and their goals, then finally, a computerized personality and skill test.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals for the future? Am I looking for a career or just a job? Am I interested in moving up in the company or am I just trying to pay the bills?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews -- all in person. I men t with the supervisor of the department and the two hiring managers. They asked a lot of questions as to my previous background since nothing that I had done at Swagelok would have prepared me for the role.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a difficult customer situation that you couldn't resolve?   1 Answer

Procurement Assistant Interview

Interview

I interviewed with several people on a one to one basis, each one lasting 30 minutes. I thought the interviews went quite well. Sent thank you notes via email and by snail mail. Followed up every two weeks only to be told that I was still being considered.

Gave up after 3 months. Company should determine if they're going to move forward before having people come in for a lengthy interview. Very time consuming for someone who is already employed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal in nature. Discussed experience at length.   Answer Question

Production Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH).

Interview

The original contact, was via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a pre-screening phone interview. This was followed by an in person interview, with lots of aptitude testing - general reading and writing, mathematics, general problem solving, and engineering aptitude testing. This took some time overall to get from the initial contact to actual job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you define corporate culture, and what do you think of corporate culture?   Answer Question

Production Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

They have many scheduling positions, from machine scheduling to assembly scheduling. I was interviewed by scheduling managers from several areas, but only one at a time. They were very nice, obviously looking for a good fit, but not interrogators as some are.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my relevant experience. They were very interested in if I enjoy my work. I believe they asked questions that related to commitment, team effort, customer focus.   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview about basic experience and education. A few situation based questions. The interview was administered by the recruiting manager.

The on site interview was scheduled a week or so later. It started with a general interview with the HR rep. Be prepared for many situation based questions. These questions will be very specific to the job, aka management experience.

Next I interviewed with the managers that I would work under. They asked many situation based questions. They also asked about strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. They base your salary off of your experience, education and pay stub from current job (if applicable). Also they compare this with the peers you will be working with and make an offer. They pay overtime and have shift differential pay.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok in March 2013.

Interview

I went through a phone screen which took about a half hour and the woman was very nice, in person interview was with a reporting supervisor and a skills test that took roughly a hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH).

Interview

The screening interview was positive as were the following interviews with the management team. The culture is key and they truly look for the best possible fit.

Interview Questions

• When asked to relate what I knew of the company, I spoke from 30,000 feet. This was not appreciated, so it is best to speak to the bread and butter of their business.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Several calls from the recruiter which where pushy. Postponed interview a couple times, interview was weirdest I ever had. Felt like the just wanted young people with experience and pay them low.

Interview Questions

• What would people say is your worst thing.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swagelok (Solon, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Dull, interviewers were dumb and uneducated. Racist and sexist. Schefuled interview times were very inconvenient, i.e. very early morning.. Many delays as interviewers were not prepared. Relied heavily on a meaningless perdibsliry test.

Interview Questions

• Do you live in the past, future or present ?   1 Answer