Sweet Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sweet Factory

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sweet Factory (San Mateo, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Well, my interview was a little different from others because a friend recommended me so the manager already knew who I was. The manager was going to hire me anyway, but still interviewed me. It was very casual, but it was easy.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sweet Factory (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

We were interviewed at the Starbucks not far from the store inside the mall, very casual and laid back. I was not asked many questions and I was hired that very same day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sweet Factory (San Jose, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

My friend who was the assistant manager of Sweet Factory told me that her company was hiring and had a few spots open for hire. I applied and turned in an application right away. About 1-3 days later, I received a phone call for an interview. On the day of the interview, one of the managers led me to the cafeteria to have a 1:1 interview. I was asked about my previous jobs and my experiences. There were questions about my level of education and availability to work during the summer and when school starts. Towards the end, I was asked a series of questions about my strengths/weaknesses, personality, and reasons why I wanted to work for the company. I thought the interview went well because we spoke for about 30-45 minutes and I believed the manager at the time liked me because of how I made her laugh during the interview. Afterwards, the manager told me the expectations of what the job they're offering entailed. Unfortunately, I did not get hired because of my lack of experience in customer service. I did, however, receive a call that the manager who interviewed me liked me alot but because I didn't have experience in customer service, I was no longer a candidate for hire. The company ended up hiring a person who DID have experience in customer service BUT ended up getting fired 2 days after his/hers first day.

I was disappointed that I didn't get hired because I thought it would be a great working environment for me and provide me an opportunity to work in customer service. I would suggest to further applicants to: be professional and dress professional to the interview. And be yourself!

I personally liked the manager who interviewed me despite how nervous I was in the beginning of the interview. I really believed I could've done well if I was hired due to my work ethic, my easygoing personality, and my ability to work well with others. I was saddened that I wasn't given the chance to work here. I thought in order to have experience, you need the opportunity to get experience first.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sweet Factory in July 2008.

Interview

Be prepared to talk about the company