Swinerton Builders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swinerton Builders Interview Questions

2.5

VDC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic, they made you feel very welcomed and comfortable. Went over my resume and asked questions about it. Did not feel pressured during the interview and had a good time talking with them about the company and learning about their projects. Even got a tour of the office which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to face a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question

Business Development Assistant - Renewable Energy Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1st interview was via telephone - very easy-going - just trying to get a sense of who you are at this stage. 2nd interview was in person. They were very friendly, professional, engaging, and easy to communicate with. I didn't feel like I was being interrogated as some interviews can. They asked good questions that related to the job and how you would benefit them in that role - normal questions about past jobs, nothing off the wall like if, "If you had 5 pencils and 2 tarantulas, how many elephants would be in the room?".

Unfortunately, I did not land this role, but I can tell you that I had a very positive interview experience. This is still the #1 company on my list of places I want to and hope to work one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I've responded to their ad for Project Manager position in Sacramento CA. After a couple of days I was called and asked if I was still available. On the very same day somebody called me again and the first question I was asked, in a very strange tone, was: "Are you looking for a job?". Just to explain that I have a lot of experience and holding degree in Structural Engineering and didn't expect that tone at all. After 3 min of conversation the voice on the other side said "I'm running to the meeting and will call you after 1:00pm." Not only that he didn't call that day (Friday) but he didn't return my call (wondering what happened) on the following Monday either.
    I decided to write my experience just to remind management of this great company that company reputation depends on the people running it.
    This kind of unprofessional behavior definitely sends the wrong message to future employees.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Branch, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (North Branch, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

There wasn't one. I filled out paperwork and got hired on the spot. They only required you to do a drug test which a lot of people failed even though they knew it was coming.

Interview Questions

• When can you start?   1 Answer
    • Can you lift more than 50 pounds at a time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was formal but the atmosphere was really relaxed. I felt they knew the business well by the pertinent questions they asked me. Once the entire process was complete, They took their time making a decision on if I was the right fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and how it relates to this company   1 Answer

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took WAY too long, I was left in the dark so long I almost walked away! You have to meet with different layers of the company. I really don't get the purpose of this approach.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in different markets   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Extremely corporate and impersonal I felt like they were just putting us on an assembly line and being run around the job sites. Afterwards I really questioned whether Swinerton was the right company for me or if I was just eager to get an internship.

Interview Questions

• describe a challenge I encountered on the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a scheduled face to face with the Santa Clara VP.
    The available time frames provided were accommodating.
    I felt it all went very well, we all had common connections in the local industry.
    The flow was good, the conversation was good in both directions.

Interview Questions

• Typical experience and history review.
      Nothing out of the ordinary, very standard questions.
      Work load, communication, method or style of management.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There was three employees at interview session one was a project manager, one human resources, one, and one field engineer who was a student that all ready went through the intern program. They were all very kind and each asked one question. They did a very good job about keeping the interview professional yet relaxed.

Interview Questions

• what do I like do in my spear time?
      Do you have any experience in the industry?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swinerton Builders (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

In the final interview, there were 10 candidates, and we participated in round-robin style interviews for 4 hours various executive and operations management. The interview was very conversational. They asked questions about related work experience, life experience and about performance in difficult scenarios. They expect you to ask them questions about the organization as well.
    Having related management and/or craft experience in construction was highly emphasized as a key component of their selection criteria beyond academic achievement.

Interview Questions

• Describe a team experience, and what values are important in teamwork.   1 Answer