Swinton Insurance IT Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swinton Insurance IT Department Interview Questions

Interviews at Swinton Insurance

1 Interview Review

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

2 stage interview. Technical test and then interview with HOD and a line manager. The objectives of the technical test are not clear. They say they do not expect you to complete the test and only want to see the approach and understanding of the core concepts. But my experience was that they wanted to see me complete the test. At least thats what the feedback suggested. You will not be given a chance to discuss your code as the 'Architect' would not be having a solid understanding of the core concepts and is there only to mark his presence.
The manager's interview appeared to be more transparent, open and structured with clear questions and provide you a chance to display what you have to offer and what have you achieved so far.
Overall experience was not good as you would expect to have a fair discussion on the core concepts and not just a farce where your answer paper is marked not against clear set of objectives and expectations but entirely on the whims of a single individual.

Interview Questions