Swiss Re Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swiss Re Actuarial Interview Questions

Interviews at Swiss Re

2.8

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Horrible experience. There was one round of video interview which has super easy behavioral questions. Then came the final interview. There were three people who interviewed me at the same time. And they were too stingy that they did not fly me out to their office so the phone interview was very awkward with three people whose faces I did not know. The interview was more like an interrogation with no reciprocation of what I just said. Overall, terrible experience. They should know that this is a two-way interaction. After the interview, I would not want to work for them either!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Swiss Re

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

I submit the application through Handshake, and I receive an on-campus interview about a week after. It is a one-to-one interview, and it takes about two weeks to a month to receive the result of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Excel-related questions, like how to use the pivot table.
      2. What kind of data processing language do you use? (R or SQL). Show me an example of your past projects related to those languages.
      3. Pricing problem. Given a man of 35 years old, healthy, if you want to sell him insurance, how much will you charge him?
      In general, they won't ask you too many questions related to Excel or other programming languages. I'm double majoring in actuarial math and data science. I guess that's the reason the recruiter asks me a lot of details about R.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

The interview was hold on campus after the department career reception. Two people interviewed me and it lasts about 30 minutes. The questions mainly focus on my resume and there are some behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you deal with your customer in a creative way.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

interview on campus, apply online; not an easy one, lots of question on behavioral questions in 1-st round, didn't heard back for following; but people are friendly, easy to communicate

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in October 2018.

Interview

Short process, did not hear back after the screening round and the first interview round on campus. Overall easy and quick interview process and they sponsor international students too. Headquarters is in new york

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter a few weeks later to set up a phone screen interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with a Vice President Senior Property Actuary and then another 30 minute phone interview with a Vice President Property Actuary immediately afterwards. Both Actuaries were some of the nicest people and made the interview process very comfortable. Got an offer a week later!

Interview Questions

• What is something you need to work on?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

There were two round interview, first round with HR and second round with senior level. Both interviews are conducted through phone, and later contacts are sent through emails. First round is more behavior questions, and later on second round involved some technical questions as well.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center website. I went to their on campus info session to meet the interviewers. I had one 30-minute on campus interview with an actuarial analyst. I was called 3 days later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was able to extend the deadline of when I needed to respond to the offer by a week

Actuarial Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Pretty standard. Applied through school, got a on school interview. Basic questions about why I wanna be an actuary, plans for passing exams, that sort of thing. It wasn't too technical, just asked if I was familiar with excel and what not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through their online career site, and contacted by a week. It was a typical behavioral interview by a phone call. They just want to know who you are, and your past experiences. The lady who I talked with was very kind and nice, but I was not invited to the second round interview with a line manager, because it was a first interview in my life and I was so nervous.