Swiss Re Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swiss Re Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Swiss Re

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Consider yourself warned! Read and believe the negative reviews. This has to be the worst company to interview with. Recruiters and management are both unprofessional and disrespectful. Be prepared to be ghosted, they will not reply or provide any feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Swiss Re

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one on site interview. Was referred by a current employee. I found it laid back compared to other interviews as they are very big on your track record of performance which should be indicated in your resume.

Interview Questions

• What applicable experience makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Took less than a month from app date to interviews. All interviewers easy to talk to and very personable. I had three interviews in total. All were very easy as long as you know about the position and the company.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Overland Park, KS) in April 2012.

Interview

Using a hit or miss strategy on LinkedIn, by chance I messaged a manager at Swiss Re who had an open position in his office. He referred me to the hiring manager in new york and consequently I had a phone interview which went well. I then had a 1:1 phone interview with the manager which also went well. Luckily, I was well prepared for perhaps the 2 most important questions he asked me. "What does this group do?" and a lot of questions were asked about the software that they are gong to start using. Fortunately I had used that software for one of my courses. Finally, I was flown in for in person interviews which consisted of 7 people interviewing me 1 by 1. Very nice people and all in all a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope. I accepted what they offered, because I thought it was competitive considering this was Kansas with low rents etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Had a campus interview with a HR representative. She was very nice and made me feel very relaxed. Questions are expected: Why Swiss Re? Tell me a time you worked in a team, etc. Overall had a very nice feel about the company. There were 3 situations that she gave candidates to see how they would react.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2020.

Interview

3 rounds, 2 telephonic, one face to face. Technical questions for 40 minutes, managerial for 20 minutes, 40 minutes of techno managerial F2F for 45 minutes. Best part is interviewers are very nice by nature. Worst part starts once you clear all interviews. They will keep on dragging , dodging and prolonging things. For 20% hike, they require 20 approvals. In the end, after 50 days, you will be sidelined that you deny the offer yourself.

Interview Questions

• Core JAVA, Spring. Condition based managerial questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in July 2016.

Interview

Totally 4 rounds. 1 telephonic interview. 3 rounds of face to face interview. The interviews were neatly structured. telephonic interview lasted for 40 minutes. Basic questions about myself, my educational and professional back ground. I had to convince the interviewer for this question "Why Swiss Re? Why switch to reinsurance from insurance?". The first two rounds of face to face interview were technical, which was more like an extended and detailed version of the telephonic interview, where they tested whether i have the skills and techniques that are required by the organisation. The third round was an usual HR round.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adliswil (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Adliswil (Switzerland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Two on site interviews at Swiss Re in Adliswil.

First one was with Team leader and team member. It was very relaxing and nice and it was a great chance to get the feeling of the team. Questions based on past experiences and some general questions.

Second one was with hr recruiter and a panel of department leader, team leaders and team members. Started off by an interview with the hr recruiter and i found the way people interact in Swiss Re is very comfortable and friendly. Questions were mainly general questions but focused on the job and company. Then it was a presentation and Q&A for an hour in front of the panel. It was very fun. Questions can be technical and difficult.

In general, I have had a very positive experience and I have got the feeling that the culture of Swiss Re is really what I enjoy.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed 7 times.3 telephonic interviews with two Hr and one managers. Three in house interview on three different dates. All the interviews were same.Band questions only revolved around your previous work experience. Hiring process was haphazard. The Hr doesn't know what they want from the candidate. inspire if attending interview on three different days, I didn't receive any reply from Hr team and they told they will inform in a day or a two.they don't like keeping a candidate waiting and they didn't stick to their words. Poor liars, just wasting people's time.No ethics

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a telephonic round, and asked all situational based questions which I was able to answer. Futher questions were related to how you can motivate your team mates and hande conflits in the team