Swiss Re Claims Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Claims Specialist

Create your profile to get personalized information

Swiss Re Claims Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Swiss Re

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview with HR (in Kansas) who was very nice. Two weeks later was the in-person interview (in CT) with the hiring managers who were also very nice. One was in the CT office while the other was virtual in KS (the manager who was there with me had left the office so the virtual meeting could take place). The manager in the office made statements that lead me to believe I'd be back which was really encouraging & exciting. She also had revealed really personal information - which threw me off somewhat and my reaction felt awkward/uncomfortable but I did the best I could under the circumstances. I figured she may have shared some of what she did because she was comfortable speaking with me but it was something you'd share with a friend or someone you were forming some sort of personal relationship with (not w/an interviewee unless you were sure they'd be back). In hindsight, I wish she hadn't discussed her personal business or that my reaction had been a little less uncomfortable - but I'm sure I feel this way because I'm wondering if my response is perhaps what blew it for me! I was only prepared for business! :( Ah well, all is as it should be I suppose! At the time & during the follow up call with HR, it sounded likely that the potential was there for an offer to be extended (I was "one of a few excellent candidates") but the following week I was advised that the position was offered to a former employee. In general, they were all very nice people and pleasant to interact with. The interviews themselves I was told had gone really well. The whole process took about a month. The in person interview itself was an hour and a half and mostly enjoyable. Ultimately, it was a disappointing outcome for sure - but in general, it was a mostly positive experience as far as interviews go. Lesson learned though as far as not getting hooked into the way an interviewer speaks in terms of the future.

Interview Questions

• What, if anything, do you do to proactively stay current with the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Swiss Re

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

After applying for a claims specialist position on their website, I received a phonecall and was schedule for 3 interviews on the same day. Each of them would last 45 minutes and would be individual with a member of Swiss Re's team. The first one with a Vice president, the next one with a senior vice president and the last one with someone of HR.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were basic questions you are asked in interview. Nothing very suprising.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Had initial 30 minute interview & phone interview with the company. The first interview I had a women who was very nice, but she also talked the entire time and I felt I couldn't get a word in. That's why they requested a phone interview to get more information and again, over the phone with 2 people, they talked the entire time. It was also their last interview of the day and it sounded to me like they didn't want to be interviewing (friday afternoon).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and 2 members had a conflict, what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question